Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $2,350 USD
December 3 , 2017 - April 21, 2018
7 Days / 6 Nights
Best of Lapland adventure at Harriniva Hotel & Safaris in Lapland offers activities like snowmobile safari, reindeer farm, husky safari and snow shoeing
Enjoy the Best of Lapland, a multi-activity adventure week which begins at Harriniva Holiday Center in north-west Lapland. Besides the comfort of the hotel room, we spend one night in a genuine Lappish wilderness cabin with a traditional wood heated sauna. Drive a snowmobile, visit the Harriniva Arctic Sled dog Centre, enjoy skiing, hear the silence of the forest while reindeer only leave tiny footprints in the shimmering white snow of wild Lapland.
- December 3 , 2017 - April 21, 2018
- Sundays - Saturdays, December 3, 2017 - April 21, 2018
- Sundays - Saturdays Dec 3-23, 2017/ March 18 - Apr 21, 2018 from $2,350 per person in double room from $2,765 single room
- Dec 24, 2017-Jan 6, 2018 ** from $2,460 per person in double room from $2,875 single room
- Jan 7 - March 17, 2018 from $2,355 per person in double room from $2,770 single room
- $105 Supplement for single snowmobile **Including Christmas dinner or New Years party with upgraded dinner, sparkling wine, tin making and fireworks
- Return transfers from Kittila
- 6 nights in double room or cabin at Harriniva Holiday Centre
- 1 night in Wilderness hut
- Full board (from dinner on day 1 until breakfast on day 8)
- Complete equipment for the entire stay (thermo-overalls, socks, mittens, boots, warm hat, sleeping bag)
- 2-day husky safari (drive own husky team with 4-5 huskies)
- Reindeer program including 7 km reindeer safari
- Snowmobile tour of 60 - 80km, approx. 5 hours
- Qualified wilderness quide
- Free use of cross country skiing equipment or snowshoes for one day
- International and national airfare
- Airport taxes
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- Service fee $25
- This program is suitable only for youth with 18 years or more, for families with smaller children we recommend Jeris Winter Week program
- A valid driving license is required for driving a snowmobile, own liability is 800€
- Transfer supplement for other than scheduled domestic flights $52 per person / one-way
- Additional nights at Harriniva
- Night in traditional Snow igloo
- Overnight in Helsinki
- Silja Line, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. Peter Line visa free cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILA - HARRINIVA (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport, transfer to Muonio, 1 hour (for scheduled domestic flights), to Harriniva Hotel or Jeris. Get-together with the safari group and a welcome dinner in the restaurant. Overnight in cozy double rooms or cabins with private facilities (supplement for cabins).
Day 2 VISIT TO REINDEER FARM (B, L, D)
Day as a reindeer herder
After breakfast the guide drives you up to the 100 years old, traditional reindeer farm Torassieppi (approx. 20 minutes). Here you have a chance to get a glimpse of the life in earlier days when visiting the old Lappish farm house. The guide tells you all about life with the reindeer and learns you even to throw the Lappish lasso yourself. At the end you can test your reindeer driving skills on an approx. 7km long reindeer safari through the forest. (1-2 persons per sled)
Lunch is served around an open fire during the safari. In the afternoon you return to Harriniva or Jeris where a warm sauna is waiting. Dinner and overnight in the hotel or cabin.
Day 3 SMOWMOBILE SAFARI (B, L, D)
Today we speed up the things a little bit! After a thorough instruction about safety and driving a snowmobile it's time to start your engines! (2 persons / snowmobile). Driving a snowmobile is surprisingly easy even for beginners and soon you will be speeding through the snow covered forests and over the frozen lakes admiring the vast wilderness of Finnish Lapland.
Lunch is prepared by an open fire in the wilderness. Duration of the excursion approx. 5 hours, distance driven 60-80 km. In the afternoon return to Harriniva or Jeris for a warm sauna, dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 4 HUSKY SAFARI INTO THE WILDERNESS (B, L, D)
Into the wilderness with huskies
After breakfast it is time to check-out from the room or cabin and pack your equipment for the 2-day tour with overnight in the wilderness. The guide takes you into the Harriniva Arctic Sleddog Centre with nearly 400 huskies, where you get to hear all about the life of these arctic dogs. The husky guide teaches you how to handle the sled and you meet your own team of 4-5 dogs accompanying you for the next two days; each person drives his/her own sled.
Lunch is served around the fire along the trail. Driving distance today is about 25 km. In the afternoon you arrive at your wilderness cabin, where you can test your wilderness skills with making fire, feeding the huskies and heating the lakeside sauna. Overnight in the cabin with shared facilities.
Day 5 HUSKY SAFARI - HARRINIVA (B, L, D)
Return from the wilderness with huskies
You start in the morning from the cabin and continue the husky safari for around 25 to 30 km through the astonishing arctic winter scenery. Lunch is again served by an open fire and you return to Harriniva or Jeris in the afternoon where you can check-in to your room or cabin. The sauna is warm and dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 6 - 7 DAY AT LEISURE (B, L, D)
This day is free for your own activities. To complete your Best of Lapland experience you can go cross-country skiing or try snow shoes and discover the surrounding nature. Or book additional activities on spot from our optional programs.
Lunch is served in the restaurant. For the last day you will have a chance to relive the exciting week with the group during a special farewell dinner with delicious Lappish dishes. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8 DEPARTURE HARRINIVA (B)
Breakfast and transfer to Kittila airport.
The order of the program is subject to change.
Please note that this is a sample program; you will receive the final order of the program days at the arrival to the hotel.