Northern Lights and SkiingSweden
From $1,485 USD
December 2, 2018 - March 23, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Ski and Aurora holidays in Bjorkliden, Swedish Lapland. Visit the Aurora Sky Station, considered the Best Aurora on Earth to view Northern Lights.
Nestled among Swedish Lapland's majestic mountains and magnificent scenery lies Bjorkliden, with Sweden's third highest drop (538 m) and long rolling terrain and skiing for all the family. With our Ski and Aurora holiday package await you exciting activities and aurora adventures. Visit the Aurora Sky Station, one of the best places in the world to view the Aurora; enjoy an exclusive dinner, ride the chair-lift and see the Northern Lights exhibition.
December 2, 2018 - March 23, 2019
Sunday - Thursday, December 2, 2018 - March 23, 2019
- from $1,485 per person in standard double room
- from $1,625 single room
- Transfers Kiruna Airport/Bjorkliden/Kiruna
- 4 nights at Hotel Fjallet in double room*
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- 3-day Ski pass
- Alaska Trapper dog sled tour, 2 hours
- Aurora Sky Station with exclusive dinner, incl. transfer, chair-lift, warm overall, four course dinner, Northern Lights exhibition and Northern Lights host
- Clothing (overall, boots, cap, gloves)
- * (Shared twin room at Hotell Fjallet or shared four bed cabin with sauna, two persons)
- International and domestic airfare
- Transfers other than mentioned
- Meals other than mentioned
- Optional excursions
- $25 Service fee
- The transfer bus will run daily
- The key card costs 50 SEK and can be topped up. The key card contains an electronic chip on which your ski pass is loaded and is required to buy a ski pass.
- Children up to 7 years who ski with a helmet ski FREE!
- When participating on any of the Aurora Sky Station products there is no guarantee that visitors will see the northern lights. Aurora Sky Station may be closed at short notice due to the arctic weather conditions (high winds, cold temperatures, snow storms etc.). Statistics from previous seasons show that Aurora Sky Station is open from 85 – 90 % of the scheduled dates and the northern lights is visible 50 – 60% % of the nights it is open. Aurora Sky Station has no electricity, no running water and there are only dry toilets.
- Please note that the sky station is closed on Dec 24 and Dec. 31, 2017
- Additional nights at Bjorkliden
- Overnight in hut in Aurora village
- Upgrade to room with view over Lake Tornetrask
- Full board with 3-course dinner
- Nights at the ICEHOTEL in Ice room
- Optional activities
Day 1 ARRIVAL BJORKLIDEN (D)
Transfer by bus from Kiruna Airport to Bjorkliden. Arrival & check in at Hotell Fjallet in Bjorkliden.
This evening from 5.30 pm - 1 am you will visit Aurora Sky Station in Abisko National Park - one of the best places in the world when it comes to watching the Northern Lights. The evening begins with a 10 minute transfer from Bjorkliden to Abisko. From there a beautiful ride with the chair-lift will bring the visitors to the Aurora Sky Station where a four course dinner influenced by the Nordic cuisine will be served. During the evening's guided tour visitors will learn more about the Northern Lights and how to find the Aurora. After the tour, it is possible to continue looking out for more auroras on your own. Return to the hotel for overnight.
Hotel Fjallet ****
Day 2 BJORKLIDEN - DAY AT LEISURE (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure for optional activities. Enjoy your days on the ski slopes; your 3-day ski pass gives you access to all lifts in Bjorkliden. Lift operation is from 09:00 - 16:00.
Day 3 BJORKLIDEN - AURORA SKY STATION (B)
Breakfast at Restaurant Lapporten. At noon you set out on the Alaska Trapper tour, which gives us a historic look back at the origins of dog teams. Recline comfortably in a large sled and learn why explorers and hunters of times gone by chose dog teams as a means of transport through the desolate wilderness.
Rest of day at leisure. Perhaps you might join the guided Northern Lights Lavu Experience, where we travel by snowshoes to our peat hut situated up on the mountain. It's up there, without interfering artificial light, the Northern Lights can be seen at their finest.
Day 4 BJORKLIDEN - DAY AT LEISURE (B)
Breakfast at Restaurant Lapporten. Enjoy the slopes, cross country skiing, or the Funpark, built to suit most skiers, with different kinds of jumps, rails and boxes.
There are many activities offered at Bjorkliden; perhaps you want to go on a snowmobile safari, become a dog team 'musher' for a while or or go on hunt for Northern Lights with sled dogs.
Day 5 BJORKLIDEN DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at Restaurant Lapporten. Check out & departure from Bjorkliden. Transfer by bus to the Kiruna Airport.