Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and SkiingSweden
From $1,525 USD
December 16, 2018 - May 7, 2019
4 Days / 3 Nights
Nestled among Swedish Lapland's mountains and magnificent scenery lies Bjorkliden mountain resort. Ski, snowboard, dog sled or hunt for Northern Lights.
Nestled among Swedish Lapland's majestic mountains and magnificent scenery lies Bjorkliden. Here, on the threshold of the wilderness, exciting activities await, from skiing and snowboarding to dog sledding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and searching for Northern Lights. Abisko National Park, just a few miles from Bjorkliden, offers some of the best conditions in the world to witness the Aurora. Experienced or beginner, Bjorkliden suits young and old!
December 16, 2018 - May 7, 2019
Thursday - Sunday, December 16, 2018 - May 7, 2019
- December 16, 2018 - May 7, 2019
- From $1,525 per person in double twin room
- From $1,645 single room
- Transfers from/to airport in Kiruna (specific arrival and departure times only)
- 3 nights Hotel Fjallet, twin room
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- Ski Pass for 2 days
- Dinner and Northern Lights at Aurora Sky Station (Sunday)
- Alaska Trapper dog sled tour, 2 hours (Friday or Saturday)
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights to/from Kiruna
- Additional optional excursions
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- This is a non-escorted tour; excursions are guided.
- The transfer bus will run daily s
- When participating on any of the Aurora Sky Station products there is no guarantee that visitors will see the northern lights. Aurora Sky Station may be closed at short notice due to the arctic weather conditions (high winds, cold temperatures, snow storms etc.). Statistics from previous seasons show that Aurora Sky Station is open from 85 – 90 % of the scheduled dates and the northern lights is visible 50 – 60% % of the nights it is open. Aurora Sky Station has no electricity, no running water and there are only dry toilets.
- Please note that the sky station is closed on Dec 24 and Dec. 31, 2017
- Overnight in hut in Aurora village
- Additional activities
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN BJORKLIDEN (D)
Bus transfer from Kiruna airport to Bjorkliden and Hotel Fjallet. Afternoon at leisure.
17:30 the evening begins with a 10 minute transfer from Bjorkliden to Abisko. From there a beautiful ride with the chair-lift will bring the visitors to the Aurora Sky Station where a four course dinner influenced by the Nordic cuisine will be served. During the evening's guided tour visitors will learn more about the northern lights and how to find it. After the tour, it is possible to continue looking out for more auroras on your own. Return to your hotel around 01:00.
Day 2 BJORKLIDEN - OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. The day is at leisure to enjoy the day on the slopes or choose one of the optional activities.
Day 3 BJORKLIDEN - ALASKA TRAPPER DOG SLED TOUR (B)
After breakfast enjoy your dogsled adventure. 10:00 The Alaska trapper tour takes you back in time and informs you of the origins of dog sledding. Comfortably leaning back in a big sled, you get answers to all your questions concerning the reasons why yesteryear's postal deliverers, explorers and hunters chose dog sledding as their preferred mode of transport in the winter wilderness.
Afternoon at leisure.
Day 4 DEPARTURE BJORKLIDEN (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Check-out and 9:40 bus transfer to the Kiruna airport.