From $1,045 USD
June 3 - August 26, 2018
7 Days / 6 Nights
Enjoy the Best of the Baltics, rich Historic and Cultural Heritage, Century-old Cities with Palaces and Cathedrals, Old Towns on the UNESCO Heritage List.
Discover the Best of the Baltics; travel from Finland to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. This dynamic tour will let you explore the rich Historic and Cultural Heritage of this fabulous region nestled along the Baltic Sea. Stroll through Century-old cities, marvel at beautiful Palaces, Cathedrals and historic Old Towns, on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Feel the vibrant pulse of a region that witnessed dramatic changes over the last three decades.
June 3 - August 26, 2018
Guaranteed departures 2018:
June 3, 24
July 8, 22
August 5, 12, 19, 26
- from $1,045 per person in double room
- from $1,390 single room
- from $975 3rd person sharing triple room
- from $875 child (7 – 12 years), when sharing room with parents
- 6 nights hotels in standard double/twin rooms with private facilities
- 6 x buffet style breakfasts
- 2 x lunches
- Bi-lingual tour escort from day 1 to day 7 inclusive
- All touring by private coach
- Sightseeing as per program
- The long distance bus from day 2 - 6 offers WIFI
- Visits, excursions and entrances as per program
- Guided tours in the cities of Helsinki, Tallinn, Riga & Vilnius
- Regular Arrival Transfer, from Helsinki Airport*
- Regular Departure Transfer, to Vilnius Airport*
- Porter service at Tallink Silja Ferry, all hotels during the program (excluding day 1 & day 7)
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Arrival & Departure transfers
- Personal insurance
- Personal items
- $25 Service fee
- * Please note! Regular Arrival Transfer Services included in the program are only available for transfers from the Airport in Helsinki & to the Airport in Vilnius and only on the published official date of beginning & end of the tour. The transfers are escorted by an English-speaking representative from Destination Management and are shared with other fellow passengers; therefore, minor waiting time at the airport may occur. This transfer service is not valid for passengers with pre/post nights or passengers who require private transfers – for a supplement, private transfers can be reserved for these passengers.
Day 1 ARRIVAL HELSINKI
Arrival at Helsinki Airport. You will be met by a the Destination Management Repre-sentative, who will transfer you to your hotel. Upon check-in you will receive a welcome letter, in which you will find information about the time and place of welcome meeting, as well as your Tour Director's name and contact number. A short welcome meeting will be held in the afternoon. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 2 HELSINKI - TALLINN (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. The day starts with a panoramic city tour of the capital of Finland, also known as "The Daughter of the Baltic Sea". We'll visit the most beautiful sights of Helsinki, including the neoclassical Senate Square with the majestic Cathedral and the University, the colorful Market Square, the Kaivopuisto Park surrounded by diplomatic residences, the imposing statue of Marshall Mannerheim and the Parliament Building. Pass by the the Russian Orthodox Church Uspensky, the Sibelius Monument and the congress venue Finlandia Hall, designed by the famous Finnish architect Alvar Aalto. We'll also visit the interior of the Temppeliaukio Church (the church reserves the right to refuse visitors if ceremonies are being held), known as the "Rock Church", since its unusual architecture involves a solid rock foundation.
Radisson Blue Sky Hotel *****
Day 3 TALLINN (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. During the panoramic city tour in the morning you will discover the secrets of Tallinn's fairytale-like Old Town, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The walking part of the tour includes Toompea Hill, where you'll see the ancient Toompea Castle, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (built in 1900, during the period when Estonia was part of the Russian Empire) and the Cathedral of Saint Mary, also known as the Dome Church. We'll make a stop at one of the panoramic platforms to admire the wonderful view of the old center's red roofs with the dark blue Tallinn Bay in the background.
We'll continue to the lower part of the city, walking among beautiful historic buildings until we reach the Town Hall Square. Tallinn's Gothic-style Town Hall, built in the 15th century, is the oldest surviving town hall in the Baltic countries. Just a few steps away, you'll find the famous Town Hall Pharmacy, which has been operating in the same premises since early 15th century.
The tour ends at your hotel. Afternoon and evening is at leisure.
Radisson Blue Sky Hotel *****
Day 4 TALLINN - RIGA (B, L)
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast we depart by our private long distance coach and travel to Riga. On our way to the Latvian capital we'll make a short stop in Pärnu, a relaxed summer holiday resort which is very popular with Estonian, Russian and Finnish families. Then, we head south along the Baltic coast until we cross the border with Latvia. Lunch break in the small town of Sigulda (lunch included). After lunch, photo time: we'll admire the ancient ruins of the Sigulda Castle before crossing the Gauja River and arriving in Turaida, where we'll see the recently reconstructed red-brick medieval castle.
Day 5 RIGA (B)
After breakfast, we travel towards Oslo, leaving the fjords behind us. Early afternoon arrival in Oslo and check-in to the hotel. Experience a panoramic sightseeing tour of the Norwegian capital, beautifully situated by a fjord. Enjoy the view from the Opera house, Vigeland's Park, the Royal Palace and the main street, Karl Johan. The tour ends at your hotel from where you will have the evening to further explore the Viking capital at your own pace.
Day 6 RIGA - VILNIUS (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast we depart towards Vilnius. In the morning we’ll make a stop to visit the Rundale Palace, a de lightful Baroque building which is one of Latvia’s most cherished national treasures. The palace was built in the 18th century by Francsco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, the architect who designed the world-famous Winter Palace in St. Petersburg.
Lunch break in the historic town of Panevezys (lunch included). Continuation to Vilnius. The panoramic city tour of the Lithuanian capital will be the highlight of the day. We’ll marvel at the charming old town and its amazing mixture of styles: Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance and Art Deco buildings will remind us of the city’s glorious past. Vilnius University, founded in 1579, one of Eastern Europe’s old est universities. The Presidential Palace, the Gediminas Avenue and Gediminas Tower (both named after the Grand Duke of Lithuania) and the Gate of Dawn, famous for its chapel containing an image of the Virgin Mary, widely believed to have miraculous powers. Another unmissable sight is the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, known as “pearl of the Lithuanian Baroque”, decorated with 2000 white stucco figures. Check-in at the hotel and the rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 7 VILNIUS DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, you will be met by the Destination Management Representative who will transfer you to Vilnius Airport for your flight home.
* Please note! Regular Departure Transfer Services included in the program are only available for transfer to Vilnius Air port and only on the official end date
of tour. The transfers are escorted by an English-speaking representative from the Destination Management and are shared with other fellow passengers; therefore, minor waiting time at the airport may occur.