Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $1,825 USD
December 31, 2017 - April 21, 2018
7 Days / 6 Nights
The most complete Lapland adventure with Arctic activities, huskies, reindeer, snowmobiles, snowshoes and cross-country skis and hunt for Northern Lights.
Lapland Highlights, the most complete Lapland adventure with Arctic snow activities. Jeris, situated at the shores of the lake Jeris, surrounded by magical winter forests near the National Park Pallas, is your home for 6 nights. Enjoy Husky- and Reindeer safaris, ride Snowmobiles, try Ice-fishing and Snowshoes, get on trails with Cross-country skis. Sit around open fires and at night hunt for the magical Northern Lights illuminating the Arctic sky.
December 31, 2017 - April 21, 2018
Arrivals on Sundays or Saturdays December 31, 2017 - April 21, 2018
- Dec 31, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 * / ** from $2,135 per person in double + cabin supplement* from $2,545 single room/cabin
- Jan 7 - March 13, 2018 from $2,035 per person in double room from $2,445 single room/cabin
- March 18 - April 21, 2018 from $1,825 per person in double room from $2,235 single room/cabin
- Cabin supplement: Cabin type A (min. 2 persons) $380, cabin for 7 nights Cabin type B (min. 3 persons) $225, cabin for 7 nights Cabin type C (min. 4 persons) $155, cabin for 7 nights
- Return transfers from/to Kittila for scheduled domestic flights only)
- 7 x nights accommodations hotel or cabin
- Full board, from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 7
- Necessary winter clothing
- Use of the Arctic Spa during your stay
- 17 km / 10 mi Husky safari
- 30 km / 19 mi Snowmobile safari
- Reindeer farm visit, 3 km reindeer safari
- Visit to Torassiepp Winter Village
- Northern Light Evening and Aurora Campfire
- Qualified English speaking wilderness guide
- Guided snowshoe walk and cross-country skiing
- Lappish speciality dinner
- Tax & service fees
- International and national airfare
- Airport taxes
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- $25 Service fee
- * only cabin accommodation available ** includes New Years party with upgrade dinner, sparkling wine, tin making and fireworks
- Group size: 2 - 22 persons Program suitable for children 5 years and above
- To drive a snowmobile you must have a valid driving license; own liability is €800.
- Additional nights at Harriniva / Jeris
- Night in a traditional Snow igloo
- Overnight in Helsinki
- St. Peter Line cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki, visa free
- Silja Line crusie, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILA - JERIS (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport, transfer to Hotel Jeris (45min). Dinner in the hotel restaurant. Overnight in double rooms with private facilities or cozy log cabins with wc, shower and sauna close to Hotel Jeris.
Day 2 HUSKY ADVENTURE - NORTHERN LIGHTS (B, L, D)
After breakfast you have the morning to explore the beautiful winter surroundings of Jeris. Lunch will be served in the hotel.
In the afternoon you will transfer to the nearby Husky farm. You will meet the lovely huskies, enjoy a tour of the farm and take a 17 km safari, two persons per sled. Dinner in the hotel restaurant and overnight in room /cabin.
In the evening the guide will tell you more about the fascinating phenomenon of the northern lights, and the science & myths behind it. Afterwards you can join our local guide for a walk to a prime Northern Lights viewing spot. Here you will build a camp fire, toast marshmallows and enjoy hot chocolate round the fire while waiting for the light to hopefully make an appearance.
Day 3 SNOWSHOES - KOTA LUNCH - CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING (B, L, D)
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant. This morning you will experience snowshoes, one of the oldest modes of Lapland transportation. Afterwards we will head for a kota where you will enjoy a picnic lunch cooked over the open fire. In the afternoon it is off on the cross-country skis. The skiing tracks start right next to the hotel and you will learn the basics of cross-country skiing with your guide. Return to the hotel and time to enjoy warm sauna. Dinner in the hotel restaurant and overnight in room /cabin.
Day 4 TORASSIEPPI WINTER VILLAGE - REINDEER FARM (B, L, D)
After breakfast in hotel restaurant a 10 minutes bus transfer to Torassieppi Reindeerfarm. Visit to a 100 years old unique Lappish farmhouse and a small reindeer museum. Try your reindeer herder skills in lasso-throwing and by driving a 3km round in the forest, right next to the Pallas-Yllas National Park with a reindeer sled. Then a short walk to the winter village with the ice restaurant, bar and sculptures, visit the impressive snow buildings.
Lunch will be served in the ice restaurant. Bus transfer back to the hotel. Dinner is served in the hotel restaurant.
Day 5 ICE-FISHING - SNOWMOBILE SAFARI (B, L, D)
After breakfast the guide will take you to the lake to try your luck with ice-fishing. Lunch will be served in the restaurant.
In the afternoon you meet your snowmobile guide who will give you the snowmobile driving instructions and safety regulations. After this it is time to start your engines and follow the guide through snow covered forests, over frozen lakes and swamps, along perfect fell scenery. Driving distance is about 30 km, and you will drive 2 persons per snowmobile. Dinner is served in the main restaurant.
Day 6 - 7 LEISURE DAYS - LAPPISH DINNER (B, L, D)
The next two days are at leisure to spend as you wish. You may want to relax in the hotel grounds and visit our Arctic Spa and Smoke sauna or go out on your own by snowshoes or cross country skies. Lunch will be severed in the hotel restaurant or you can opt to have a packed lunch box to take out with you.
A special Lappish dinner will be served in the hotel restaurant this evening.
Day 8 DEPARTURE JERIS - KITTTILA (B)
Breakfast and transfer to Kittila airport for your departure flight.
The order of the program is subject to change. The itinerary can vary according to the weather and other safety reasons.