Exclusive winter holiday to Rovaniemi and Icebreaker Sampo. Experience the magic and highlights of Lapland. Set out by snowmobile into the Arctic night, drive through snow-covered forest in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Visit Santa Claus Village, meet Santa and his elves, enjoy a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm. Travel by bus to Kemi on the Gulf of Bothnia for a cruise onboard Icebreaker Sampo, the brave take a swim in the Arctic Sea!
January 1 - March 31, 2018
Daily, January 1 - March 31, 2018
except December 22, 2017 - January 2, 2018
- from $2,150 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,075 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,950 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,935 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi to/from hotel
- 4 nights accommodation in Hotel Pohjanhovi, standard room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Use of sauna and pool
- Aurora Borealis by snowmobile, 2 per snowmobile
- Santa Claus safari, 2 per snowmobile
- Santa Claus Village visit
- Visit to Reindeer Farm
- Lunch during Santa Claus safari
- By bus from Rovaniemi to Kemi Sampo Icebreaker
- Outfit rental Sampo day
- Soup lunch on Icebreaker Sampo
- Unique Sampo cruise
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guide during excursions
- Child in a sledge pulled by guide
- Tax & service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required for the tour to be operated.
- This is a partially guided tour. Excursions are with guides.
- All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English,
- each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel,
- traffic insurance, maximum personal liability € 980, maintenance and VAT.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license.
- Maximum liability can be reduced to € 150 by paying € 15 waiver per driver/snowmobile safari.
- This is to be paid on the spot.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile
- as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights Kemi, Rovaniemi or Helsinki available
- Airfare Helsinki - Kemi / Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- St. PeterLine visa free cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Individual arrival in Rovaniemi. Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Hotel Pohjanhovi according to your flights. Overnight at Hotel Pohjanhovi in standard twin room.
POHJANHOVI - Standard room - 4 nights
The legendary Rantasipi Pohjanhovi is an international hotel with a genuine Lapp atmosphere. Visitors from all over the world experience the magic of Lapland, and the Pohjanhovi makes an excellent base for exploring nature around the Arctic Circle. Non-smoking hotel.
Hotel is situated close to Kemijoki river near Rovaniemi city centre. The hotel features a fabulous pool, sauna and lounge.
Nature and adventure are the Pohjanhovi's neighbours summer and winter. Ounasvaara's ski slopes, Santa Claus Village, the Arktikum Science Centre and Museum and many other attractions await you.
Room facilities: TV (10 channels), Radio, Minibar, Pay-TV, Hair dryer, extra beds. Other: Saunas 4pcs , Sauna cabinets 1, Swimming pool (19 m), Private sauna on request, Several restaurants, high standard A La Carte restaurant. Included daily breakfast, sauna and swim.
Hotel Rantasipi Pohjanhovi
Day 1 - 4 SANTA CLAUS SAFARI - SAMPO ICEBREAKER (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m)
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY SNOWMOBILES, 18:00 - 21:00
Experience the Arctic night by driving through the snow-covered forest and on the frozen river. With a little luck, you'll travel under a bright sky lit by the moon and the stars. Perhaps the Aurora Borealis - the Northern Lights - will appear to show you the way. Sip warm beverages and savor a snack by a campfire and learn more about the Northern Lights and Lapland.
Duration: 3 hours
SANTA CLAUS EXCURSION, 10:00 -16:00
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas. The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a Reindeer Farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle.
In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
You will also have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
Duration: 6 hours
BY BUS FROM ROVANIEMI TO KEMI SAMPO ICEBREAKER, Afternoon Cruise, 14.00-18.00
(By bus, from 4 person by private transfer in/out)
The mighty Icebreaker Sampo operates on the northern Gulf of Bothnia out of Kemi in Finnish Lapland. After serving for 30 years in demanding Arctic waters the vessel has been given a new, more fascinating task - to offer unforgettable experiences for eager winter adventurers! Capacity on board is 150 persons. Departure from Rovaniemi in the morning.
Once on board the Icebreaker, you will have a presentation of the ship and a guided tour will take you to the massive engine room and the bridge. A delicious lunch is served in the ship's cozy Sampo Arctic Restaurant while the huge vessel breaks ice on a cruise in the Gulf of Bothnia.
Before returning to the port, the ship will make a one hour stop to enable you to take a swim in the sea, comfortably dressed in a warm survival suit. At the end of this unique cruise experience, the ship's Captain presents each client with a certificate.
Included: Bus or private transfer Rovaniemi-Kemi-Rovaniemi, guided tour around the ship, soup lunch, bread and coffee/tea, swimming/floating in the sea, survival suits provided. Please note that for swimming/floating child needs to be at least 12 years old. Minimum height 145 cm.
Hotel Rantasipi Pohjanhovi
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.
Option to extend your stay.