From $1,095 USD
May 1 - September 30, 2018
4 Days / 3 Nights
Norway Fjord tour, travel by train from Oslo to Bergen, enjoy the Norway in a Nutshell tour Myrdal to Flåm, combination of scenic trains and fjord cruise.
Explore Norway's fjord region on our popular Fjord Explorer Tour featuring cruises on the mighty Sognefjord, longest and deepest fjord in the world. Highlights include train Oslo to Bergen on the scenic Bergenbanen through snow-capped mountains, and the famous Flåm Railway, one of the steepest mountain railways descending into the Flåm Valley. Cruise to Balestrand, enjoy a fabulous dinner buffet and overnight stay at historic Kvikne's Hotel from 1850.
May 1 - September 30, 2018
Daily, May 1 - September 30, 2018
- from $1,135 per person in double room
- from $1,265 single room
- from $60 per person, Fjord view upgrade, Kvikne's Hotel
- from $85 per person, Fjord view upgrade, historic building, Kvikne's Hotel
- 3 nights hotel accommodations
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x Buffet dinner, Kvikne's Hotel
- Train, Oslo - Myrdal
- Seat reservation in 2nd class
- Flam Railway, Myrdal - Flåm
- Sognefjord cruise, Flåm - Balestrand
- Sognefjord cruise, Balestrand - Bergen
- Taxes & services
- Airfare and airport taxes and customs fees
- Return train to Oslo
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- The services are based on public transportation and are on an individual basis. No tour leader is provided.
- Extend your stay in Norway with the coastal cruise on Hurtigruten
- Additional nights in Bergen and/or Oslo
- Optional upgrade to Komfort class train
- Return train, Bergen - Oslo
- Fjord Line, Bergen - Hirtshals
Day 1 OSLO
Individual arrival in Oslo. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at the first class Hotel Opera, ideally located in the city center near the Oslo Central Station and Karl Johan-Street.
Thon Hotel Opera ****
Day 2 OSLO - FLÅM - BALESTRAND (B, D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Early morning departure on the scenic Bergenbanen through the Hallingdal Valley, via Geilo and across a mountain plateau to Myrdal. Ride the famous Flåm Railway, descending 2,840 feet in 12 miles, into the wild Flåm Valley, passing spectacular scenery of waterfalls, mountain cliffs, tiny settlements and farms. Upon arrival in Flåm you have about one hour to stroll in the quaint fjord village, or perhaps enjoy a lunch in the beautiful Fretheim Hotel located across from the railway. 15:30 Cruise on the Sognefjord from Flåm to Balestrand. Short walking transfer from the pier to the hotel (3 minutes). The Kvikne's Hotel offers a free shuttle to transport the luggage. This evening enjoy the world famous buffet dinner, beautifully prepared by the Swiss Chef.
Kvikne's Hotel ****+
Day 3 BALESTRAND - SOGNEFJORD CRUISE - BERGEN (B)
After breakfast, depart for an unforgettable cruise through the Sogne Fjord, the longest and deepest fjord in the world. Spectacular scenery as the boat winds through the narrow passages of the fjord out to the west coast of Norway and through the archipelago to Bergen. Early afternoon arrival in Bergen, short walking transfer on your own to the hotel. Afternoon at leisure to explore the sights like the Fish and Flower Market, Bryggen, Troldhaugen, museum and home of Norway's famous composer Edvard Grieg.
Day 4 BERGEN (B)
Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast before check out.