Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Reindeer SafariFinland
From $1,399 USD
December 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, by the Arctic Circle. Hunt for Northern Lights by snowmobile, visit Santa Claus Village, enjoy husky- and reindeer safaris.
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, situated close to magical Arctic Circle, is the perfect setting for exciting winter holidays. Start your adventure by snowmobile in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Take a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Cross the Arctic Circle on your visit to Santa Claus Village, where you meet Santa and elves. Explore a husky ranch and learn to drive your team of huskies.
December 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
Daily, December 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 except December 22, 2017 - January 2, 2018
- from $2,095 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $1,985 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,940 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,925 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi
- 4 nights Hotel Arctic Light Arctic, Arctic room type
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Santa Claus Safari (2 per snowmobile)
- Lunch during the Santa Safari
- Aurora Borealis Safari by Snowmobiles (2 per snowmobile)
- Child travel in sledge pulled by snowmobile, driven by the guide
- Husky Safari by car
- Nili Lappish Restaurant dinner, one evening, Rovaniemi Menu
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for stay- pickup / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required.
- This is a non-escorted tour. Excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence.
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Maximum liability can be reduced to € 150 by paying € 15 waiver per driver/snowmobile safari. This is to be paid on the spot direct to safari producer.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended. Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Hotel Pohjanhovi according to your flight.
Accommodation: NEW BOUTIQUE HOTEL ARCTIC LIGHT
New Boutique hotel in Rovaniemi city center. The 1950's building and former City Hall of Rovaniemi has been converted into a stylish hotel and opened it's doors during spring 2015. This urban Arctic hideaway offers a unique combination of Lappish heritage and the ultimate in contemporary style. The hotel will have a spacious cozy lounge with a delightful restaurant and a collection of 57 spacious individually styled rooms & suites. The Arctic Light Hotel is the essence of supreme comfort and is appreciated for offering a personalized stay on the Arctic Circle.
Room facilities: Glamorously reinvented for the 21st Century traveler. Fully equipped rooms with the latest technology and conveniences, such as LCD TVs complete with a wide variety of international channels, air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi.
Arctic Room type:
Spacious design rooms inspired by the Arctic light and nature. Arctic rooms all have a secosy lounge area to enjoy a cup of espresso or a glass of wine Free wireless internet *Espresso coffee machine *Minibar *Built in safe *44"-55" Flat- screen -TV *Bathroom with walk in rain –shower. Some of the rooms with private Sauna *Bathrobes and slippers *Exclusive bedlinen *King bed *Air conditioning *Room size: approx. 36m².
Day 2 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS (B)
Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m).
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY SNOWMOBILES, 18:00 - 21:00, 3 hours
Experience the Arctic night by driving through the snow-covered forest and on the frozen river. With a little luck, you'll travel under a bright sky lit by the moon and the stars. Perhaps the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights – will appear to show you the way. Sip warm beverages and savor a snack by a campfire and learn more about the Northern Lights and Lapland.
SANTA CLAUS SAFARI, 10:00 - 16:00, 6 hours
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas.
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle.
In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
You will have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45, 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
NILI LAPPISH RESTAURANT – ROVANIEMI MENU included in the package price
Beverages on the spot. Inform day during the package booking you wish to have Lappish dinner.
Restaurant is situated centre of the city, short walk from your hotel The furnishings are genuine Lappish handicraft and materials such as Lappish wood,reindeer horns and reindeer leather feature strongly in the design. A visit to restaurant Nili is a combination of tastes, scents and atmosphere. In the restaurant you can watch skilled and cheerful staff at work through the open kitchen shutters. Cornerstones are pure Lappish and Finnish ingredients and the food is prepared with heart and soul from start to finish.
3 Course dinner: The Rovaniemi Menu's - Locality and seasonal changes are the key issues when selecting ingredients for this Menu. Raw materials are selected mainly locally, always looking for seasonal freshness.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer from Hotel Arctic Light to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.