Rovaniemi is the Capital of Lapland, a lively and unique city, close to magical Arctic Circle, known as Santa's hometown. Start your adventure by snowmobile to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. Meet Santa at Santa Claus Village; send Christmas greetings from Santa's Main Post Office. Enjoy reindeer, huskies and search the Arctic sky for Northern Lights.
December 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
Daily December 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
except December 22, 2017 - January 2, 2018
- from $1,995 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $1,855 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,795 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,755 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $885 child 4-13 in extra bed with 2 adults
- Private airport transfers in Rovaniemi airport/Hotel - Arctic SnowHotel/Rovaniemi airport
- 3 nights Hotel Pohjanhovi, standard twin room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Use of pool and sauna
- 1 night accommodation in Arctic SnowHotel in
- Glass Igloo including breakfast
- Santa Claus Safari, 2 per snowmobile, taking turns in driving
- including snowmobile safari to reindeer farm
- Child in a sledge pulled by snowmobile
- Lunch during Santa Claus Safari
- Each snowmobile, shared by two guests taking turns in driving
- Husky Safari with transfer by car, 2.5 hours
- Husky ride approx. 1 hour
- Hot berry juice by open fire during excursion
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for your stay – Pick up / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required.
- This is a partially guided tour- excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. The tour operator reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence. The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded or changed to another day if no-show.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN ROVANIEMI
Individual arrival to Rovaniemi, private airport transfer to your hotel. Overnight at Hotel Pohjanhovi in standard twin room, 3 nights.
RANTASIPI POHJANHOVI HOTEL
The legendary Rantasipi Pohjanhovi is an international hotel with a genuine Lapp atmosphere. Visitors from all over the world experience the magic of Lapland, and the Non-smoking hotel. Hotel is situated close to Kemijoki River near Rovaniemi city centre.
Room facilities: TV (10 channels), Radio, Minibar, Pay-TV, Hair dryer, extra beds. Other: Saunas 4pcs , Sauna cabinets 1, Swimming pool (19 m), Private sauna on request, Several restaurants, high standard A La Carte restaurant. Included daily breakfast, sauna and swim.
Day 1 - 3 ROVANIEMI - SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE - EXCURSIONS (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m).
You can keep your safari outfit while your holiday here in Lapland - drop off to safari office Day 5.
SANTA CLAUS EXCURSION 10:00 - 16:00, 6 hours
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas. The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
You will also have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45, 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Back to the hotel for swim, sauna and relaxation. Overnight at Hotel Pohjanhovi.
Day 4 DAY AT LEISURE - ARCTIC SNOWHOTEL (B)
Free day of explore to Rovaniemi, enjoy optional snow activities or do some shopping.
In the evening private transfer from Hotel Pohjanhovi to Arctic Snow Hotel for overnight in a Glass Igloo.
ARCTIC SNOW HOTEL OVERNIGHT
Snow Hotel, made of snow and ice, is situated approx. 30 km from Rovaniemi city centre. Site consists of several ice and snow structures that make a memorable environment for family events and for tourists seeking extreme experiences. The Arctic SnowHotel is open from December 20, 2016 until about March 31, 2017, the Arctic Glass Igloos are open December 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017.
Overnight in Glass Igloos 2 person per Igloo or Family Igloos from 4 persons with Glass roof. When the Arctic sky is clear you maybe lucky to see the Northern Lights dancing in a colorful display.
Arctic Glass Igloos – All with sky vision in complete comfort. Private, comfortable and spacious (20 m2) or Family Igloos for 4 with Glass roof. All Igloos are warmly insulated, all-sky vision, thermal-glass roofs, heated floors, adjustable twin beds, a bathroom with a shower cabinet.
Breakfast included, ask free Aurora Alarm wake up service from reception.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer from Arctic Snow Hotel to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.