Northern Lights and Husky SafariNorway
From $920 USD
November 6, 2017 - March 21, 2018
4 Days / 3 Nights
Journey to Norway’s Arctic coast. Enjoy first class travel with fun winter activities daily, go on Husky Safari and search of the vibrant Aurora Borealis.
Explore the Arctic winter wonderland in untouched white snow; the air is fresh, pure and crisp. Clusters of cozy houses glow on the shores like embers, and the steep snow-clad mountains reflect the polar twilight. Explore the Gateway to the Arctic, Tromso. During your 3-night hotel stay we hunt for the mystical Northern Lights, drive a dog sled team, go on snowmobile safari across a frozen lake and enjoy a meal at Camp Tamok, a traditional Sami lavvu.
November 6, 2017 - March 21, 2018
Guaranteed departures Mondays Nov 6 – 9 Nov 13 – 16 Nov 20 – 23 Nov 27 – 30 Dec 4 – 7 Dec 11 – 14 Dec 18 – 21 Jan 8 – 11 Jan 22 – 25 Feb 5 – 8 Feb 12 – 15 Feb 19 – 22 March 5 – 8 March 12 – 15 Wednesdays Nov 8 – 11 Nov 15 – 18 Nov 22 – 25 Nov 29 – Dec 2 Dec 6 – 9 Dec 13 – 16 Dec 20 – 23 Jan 3 – 6 Jan 17 – 20 Jan 31 – Feb 3 Feb 7 – 10 Feb 14 – 17 Feb 28 – Mar 3 Mar 7 – 10 Mar 21 – 24
- from $995 per person in double room
- from $1,335 single room
- from $920 for 3rd adult in extra bed sharing double/twin room
- from $845 child* (7-12 years) when sharing room with parents
- Due to the nature of the tours and the destination, we are unfortunately not able to accept children younger than 7 years old on this tour.
- 3 nights first class hotels**** in standard double/twin, private facilities
- Arrival & Departure transfer in Tromso by public service Flybussen
- Daily Scandinavian breakfast buffet
- 1 dinner & 1 lunch, as per program
- Husky Safari
- Northern Lights Hunt by bus/minibus
- All tours and transportation, as per program
- Visits, excursions and entrances as per program
- Outdoor clothing for winter activities as per program
- English-speaking guide during excursions
- Flight to Tromso
- Beverages or any extras
- Porter Service
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Service fee $25
- Maximum 2 children per room, sharing with parents. This does not apply for Snow or Glass Igloos and is on request. Due to the nature of the tour and the destination, we are not able to accept children younger than 7 years old on these tours.
- Arrival and departure transfers in Tromso are by a regular (public) airport bus service by Flybussen. For passengers who require private transfers – for a supplement, private transfers can be reserved.
- We reserve the right to amend the itinerary and/or included entrances without notice due to weather conditions. The weather conditions in Finnish & Norwegian Lapland can vary and road closures are sometimes enforced by local authorities, which is out of the control of BDM, Five Stars of Scandinavia, Inc. and its suppliers.
- Flights Oslo-Tromso-Oslo
- Hurtigruten to Tromso
- Hurtigruten from Tromso to Lofoten, Bodo, Bergen
- Optional excursions
Day 1 ARRIVAL TROMSO
Wednesday / Monday
Arrival at Tromso airport. When you exit the airport, proceed to the bus stop of Flybussen will transfer you the 5km to the center, within walking distance of your hotel. Check-in at your hotel* (guaranteed from 15:00).
*The name of your hotel in Tromso will be indicated upon confirmation of your reservation.
Day 2 TROMSO - HUSKY SAFARI (B, L)
Thursday / Tuesday
After breakfast, please go to the reception of the Radisson Blu Tromso for the morning activity. We recommend being at the starting point 15 min before the tour starts.
HUSKY SAFARI (regular service)
Duration: 3:30 hours
Today you will have the opportunity to experience a great adventure and enjoy time with the huskies, which are part of the heart and soul of Tromso. Take a transfer of 30 min arriving to the enthusiastic welcome of over 300 friendly huskies. After a short briefing, meet your team of Huskies who will take you on a brisk run of 4km on Kvaloya Island, one of the largest islands in Norway. During your visit, you will be served a typical Norwegian stew of reindeer & vegetables followed by coffee & pastries. Returning back to Hotel Radisson Blu Tromso at 13:15.
The afternoon is at your leisure.
OPTIONAL: NORTHERN LIGHT DINNER CRUISE, 20:00 – 23:00, Minimum 2 pax
Join a dinner cruise on a local family owned catamaran, with good deck space and a warm cozy lounge. This is a very local way to hunt for the lights. The owners live on board in the winter season.
We stay in protected waters, and we find a secure place for the Northern Lights. This depends of course if nature is with us or not . Northern Lights from the seaside are spectacular and beautiful. Even the light pollution from the town disappears into the black sea. You also get a fabulous view of the Tromso area in the beautiful Arctic winter night. Knowledgeable hosts with years of experience will do their utmost to give you a memorable experience. During the trip you will be served a North-Norwegian traditional fish dinner made with the best ingredients and a dessert and hot drinks.
Day 3 TROMSO NORTHERN LIGHTS HUNT (B, D)
Friday / Wednesday
The day is at leisure to enjoy Tromso also known as the Paris of the North. We recommend a visit to Polaria, just five minutes’ walk from the centre of Tromso. Housed in a building that represents ice flows pressed up on land by the rough seas of the Arctic. Polaria offers an Arctic aquarium, interesting knowledge-based exhibits and a panoramic cinema where you can see the Ivo Caprino film "Svalbard - Arctic Wilderness" and the Ole C. Salomonsen production "Northern Lights in Arctic Norway".
In the evening, you will join the search for the Northern Lights starting from the Hotel Radisson Blu Tromso. We recommend being present latest at 18.00 hours.
AURORA BOREALIS (regular service), 18:15 – 22:30
Duration: 4:15 hours
Transfer to the base camp and meet the professional Northern Lights hunters who will be your guides. From the camp, located in an uninhabited area with no artificial lights to disturb the experience or the chance to capture the Aurora Borealis on camera. With a great view of the skies there is also time to sit around the open camp fire inside a Sami tent and grill sausages, visit the huskies and their puppies or warm up inside. Due to the stable climate at this location and with some personal persistence, there are excellent possibilities to see even the weakest of lights. Included is a traditional dinner of Finnbiff (beef & mushroom stew) followed by coffee and cake.
Returning back to Hotel Radisson Blu Tromso at 22:30.
OPTIONAL: WHALE SAFARI ON RIB BOAT, 08:30 – 13:30
This is a trip that is highly recommended for photo enthusiasts or anyone that wants to enjoy close encounters with the whales. You will be picked up in Tromso by bus and driven to a base camp located north on Whale Island. Enjoy your adventure exploring the fjords by boat with breathtaking scenery. The most common whale species are humpback whales and orcas, but there are also chances of seeing fin whales and possibly harbor porpoises and other species. Don’t forget to keep your eyes open for other wildlife such as white-tailed eagles and different seabirds, e.g. shags, guillemots, little auks, and the seals that sometimes can be seen resting on the cliffs. Insulated body suits will be provided (included).
*only available until 10th of February or as long as the whales are there.
Day 4 DEPARTURE TROMSO (B)
Saturday / Thursday
Breakfast and the day at your leisure until your departure transfer by regular Flybussen to Tromso in good time for your departure flight.