Santa Claus Holiday and Northern LightsIceland
From $1,085 USD
October 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018
5 Days / 0 Nights
Explore Reykjavik and Akureyri on a 4-night city break in Iceland. Enjoy northern highlights of Akureyri, Godafoss Waterfall and Lake Myvatn Nature Baths.
Reykjavik, Akureyri and Lake Myvatn are highlights of a 4-night city break in Iceland, a true Icelandic adventure. Time to explore Akureyri, the charming capital of the North, and nearby the Godafoss, the Waterfall of the Gods. Enjoy bathing in a natural hot spring at Myvatn Nature Baths; explore Lake Myvatn with pseudo-craters, lava pillars at Dimmuborgir, Sulphur pits at the geothermal area of Hverir, and hunt for Northern Lights in the Arctic sky.
October 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018
Daily departures October 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018, No domestic flights on Dec 25, Jan 1 & Easter Sunday
- Oct 1 - 31 & Dec 29, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 from $1,130 per person in double room from $1,355 single room
- Nov 1 - Dec 28, 2017 from $1,085 per person in double room from $1,260 single room
- Jan 2 - Apr 30, 2018 from $1,095 per person in double room from $1,275 single room
- 2 nights at Reykjavik Natura Icelandair Hotel
- 2 nights at Akureyri Icelandair Hotel
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Round trip flights Reykjavik-Akureyri- Reykjavik (excluding airport tax)
- Airport transfer from Akureyri airport to hotel in Akureyri
- Guided coach tour to Lake Myvatn
- Entrance fee to Myvatn Nature Baths
- Airport taxes
- Arrival & departure airport transfer to/from Keflavik Airport
- Airport transfer from Akureyri hotel to Akureyri Airport
- Meals, except those listed above
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- $25 Service fee
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings, therefore, cannot be guaranteed
- Children rate:
- Children 2-11 years old sharing a room with 2 adults: 25% discount
- Discount does not apply to airport taxes
- Please inquire about our special air fares on Icelandair, featuring direct flights from Seattle!
- Additional nights in Reykjavik
- Optional tours (depending on weather- and road conditions)
Day 1 ARRIVAL REYKJAVIK
Once you have landed at Keflavik Airport in Iceland, please pick up your luggage and head through customs. Transfer on own to Reykjavik and check-in at your hotel in Reykjavik city. The day is yours to rest and use at your own leisure.
Highlights: Keflavik | Reykjanesbaer | Reykjavik
Optional: Airport transfer with Flybus Plus | Airport transfer: Arrival via Blue Lagoon | Private airport transfer
Day 2 WONDERS OF NORTH ICELAND - AKUREYRI (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. On your own, transfer to Reykjavik Domestic Airport (cabs plentiful). Take a short flight to Akureyri, the capital of the north, where your guide will meet you at Akureyri Airport. The town, located less than 50 kilometers (30 miles) from the Arctic Circle, is a colourful, year-round walking city with a wide range of shops, restaurants, galleries and museums.
Northern Iceland is a land of adventure, offering diverse options for those who want to combine relaxation with fun and excitement in a veritable paradise of nature. You will stay for two nights at the Icelandair Hotel Akureyri or similar.
Winter Idea: Between November and April, the ski slopes in Hlidarfjall by Akureyri are open. They are among the best in the country, featuring gradients and lifts that suit both children and adults. There are also excellent cross-country skiing trails. Skiing gear can be rented from Hlidarfjall. Skiing is also possible in the villages of Dalvik, Olafsfjordur and Siglufjordur, all located within an hour's drive from Akureyri.
Optional: Siglufjordur and Coastal Culture | Northern Lights in Akureyri - Frozen Night, Mystery and Magic (from Akureyri)
Day 3 LAKE MYVATN - GODAFOSS - NATURE BATHS (B)
Guided coach tour - Godafoss waterfall - Lake Myvatns surroundings
Start today with a fully guided tour, explore all the highlights that Lake Myvatn has to offer. First visit Godafoss waterfall on the way to Lake Myvatn. Continue to the pseudo-craters of Skutustadagigar and to the mystic Dimmuborgir (Dark Castles), a series of lava pillars and strange formations. We will make a stop at the warm underground river in Grjotagja rift and a visit to the geothermal area of Hverir with boiling mud pools, steaming fumaroles and sulphur pits.
Next, at the Krafla volcano area, you'll drive past the eponymous power station that harness pollution-free geothermal steam for the region. Explore the explosion crater Viti that was formed in 1724 in the Myvatnseldar eruption and enjoy the view over Leirhnjukur volcano. End the tour at the calming Myvatn Nature Baths, a relaxing visit to the completely natural swimming pool of geothermal water situated in the middle of lava fields with a great view over Lake Myvatn. Return to Akureyri in the afternoon.
Highlights: Myvatn | Godafoss | Dimmuborgir | Krafla
Optional: Northern Lights in Akureyri - Frozen Night, Mystery and Magic (from Akureyri)
Day 4 DAY AT LEISURE - REYKJAVIK (B)
Flight to Reykjavik - Optional tours
If your flight leaves in the afternoon/evening you might want to book some optional tours or activities to enjoy in the Akureyri area. Flight from Akureyri to Reykjavik and then a self-transfer to your hotel in Reykjavik. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 5 DEPARTURE REYKJAVIK (B)
Please be ready to leave your hotel approx. three hours before the departure of your flight (transfer to airport is not included in the package price).
Highlights: Reykjanes | Reykjanesbaer | Keflavik
Optional: Airport transfer: Blue Lagoon upon departure | Airport transfer with Flybus Plus | Private airport transfer
Please note: The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings, therefore, cannot be guaranteed.