From $1,150 USD
June 16 - August 25, 2020
8 Days / 7 Nights
The Best of Baltic Highlights, deluxe 8-day tour from Vilnius. Experience three Baltic countries, their medieval Old Towns on the UNESCO Heritage list.
The Best of Baltic Highlights, deluxe 8-day tour from Vilnius, an intriguing discovery of three fabulous Baltic countries! Start in Vilnius, the graceful Lithuanian capital. Enjoy elegant architecture, friendly locals, bustling city life and historic, medieval Old towns, on the UNESCO Heritage list. Visit palaces and cathedrals, stroll on cobbled-stoned market squares. Drive through National Parks, stay in 5-star hotels, enjoy optional excursions.
June 16 - August 25, 2020
June 16, 30
July 14, 28
August 11, 25
- from $1,150 per person in double room
- from $1,150 per person in twin room
- from $1,675 single room
- 7 overnights in centrally located 5-star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius
- Entrance to Rundale Palace
- Entrance to medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour leader throughout
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout
- Luggage handling at the hotels
- Service and VAT
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Personal insurance / personal expenses / incidental extras
- Alcoholic beverages
- Transfer from airport to hotel in private car (1-3 people)
- Transfer from airport to hotel in private mini-van (4-7 people)
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai, visit to Trakai Castle and Lake Galve
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas
- Excursion to Jurmala with City Museum
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral
- Excursion to Gauja National Park
- Visit to Episcopal Castle and Castle of Livonian Brothers of the Swords
- Excursion to Riga Motor Museum
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest
- Excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU Art Museum
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv
- Transfer from Tallinn hotel to Tallinn airport in private car (1-3 people)
- Transfer from Tallinn hotel to Tallinn airport in private mini-van (4-7 people)
Tour also available with 4-star hotels, from $925
Day 1 VILNIUS (B)
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Astorija 5* or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 VILNIUS (B)
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
Optional: Excursion to Trakai, visiting Trakai Castle and Lake Galve | Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas
Approximate distance: 67 km / 42 mi
Day 3 VILNIUS - RIGA (B)
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hill of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Semarah Grand Poet or similar.
Approximate distance: 377 km / 234 mi
Hotel Semarah Grand Poet*****
Day 4 RIGA (B)
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga.
The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life.
The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Optional: Excursion to Jurmala with City Museum | Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral
Approximate distance: 102 km / 63 mi
Hotel Semarah Grand Poet*****
Day 5 RIGA (B)
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches.
Optional: Excursion to Gauja National Park | Excursion to the Riga Motor Museum | Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest
Approximate distance: 76 km / 47 mi
Day 6 RIGA - TALLINN(B)
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Sky***** or similar.
Approximate distance: 308 km / 191 mi
Day 7 TALLINN (B)
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall.
In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award- winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art.
Optional: Excursion to the Kadriorg Park and KUMU, the new Estonian Art museum | Medieval dinner at the Restaurant Maikrahv
Approximate distance: 8 km / 5 mi
Day 8 TALLINN DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast check-out and optional transfer to airport.