Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $1,895 USD
December 23 - December 26, 2017
4 Days / 3 Nights
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, traditional Christmas holidays in Finnish Lapland, for families, with snow adventures, skiing, dog sleds and reindeer sleigh.
Hotel Kakslauttanen in Lapland specializes in traditional Finnish holidays, offering a family atmosphere and special Christmas festivities. All family members can join; with lots of snow in Saariselka at Christmas, Hotel Kakslauttanen offers great winter activities, from sleigh rides to ski trails, for children and adults. Stay in cozy log cabins, perhaps one night in a Glass Igloo, see Northern Lights and enjoy traditional, warm Finnish hospitality.
December 23 - December 26, 2017
Christmas, December 23 - December 26, 2017
- Package prices from:
- $1,895 per person, small cabin - max 4 persons
- $1,395 children under 12 years, sharing with 2 adults
- Round trip transfers from/to Ivalo Airport - Hotel
- 3 nights in cozy log cabins with sauna & fireplace
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- 2 x half board dinners à la carte
- Christmas Eve Buffet dinner, Dec 24
- Christmas Festive program
- Santa's Home visit
- Santa visit
- Taxes & services
- International and domestic airfare & Airport taxes
- Activities such as snowmobile safari, husky sled safari, reindeer safari, visit to Reindeer farm
- Visit to Santa's Home
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- New at Kakslauttanen: Santa's Resort
- Hotel Kakslauttanen reserves the rights for the Igloo Village. If the weather is not suitable for snow building, there might be delays with starting the Igloo Village season.
- Deadline for Christmas Program is 6 weeks, in case of cancellation after the deadline, the charge is 100% of the total price.
- Night in Glass or Snow Igloo, including breakfast and sauna
- Extra 1 x Half board
- Extra nights possible before and after Christmas Program, with half-board
- Additional activities at the hotel
- Additional nights in Helsinki
- Visa-free cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki (or Stockholm)
- Silja Line cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallinn cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- Activities offered at Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort:
- Reindeer safaris, 2 hrs / 4 hrs
- Husky safaris, 2 hrs / 4 hrs
- Snowmobile safaris, 2 hrs / 4 hrs
- Nordic Ski lesson with Instructor
- Aurora hunting by reindeer, 2 hrs
- Aurora hunting by snowmobile, 3 hrs
- Visit to Reindeer farm with snowmobile, 3 hrs
- Horseback riding, 2 hrs riding
- Cross Country ski lesson, per hour
- Sampo Icebreaker cruise, Kemi
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by snowmobile sleigh
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by shared snowmobile
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by own snowmobile
Day 1 IVALO - SAARISELKA - HOTEL KAKSLAUTTANEN (D)
Monday, December 23
Individual arrival at the Ivalo Airport. Transfer to Saariselka and Hotel Kakslauttanen, the traditional ski resort of Northern Lapland north of the Arctic Circle. Saariselka, one of the best-known winter centers in Finland, is surrounded by unique fell scenery illuminated by the colorful Northern Lights during clear winter nights. Experience the true spirit of Lapland. Your Christmas holidays are filled with activities such as reindeer and husky sleigh rides, snow boarding, downhill or cross-country skiing. Your snow adventure begins with a delicious dinner at Kakslauttanen hotel's log restaurant. All the cabins have private facilities, kitchenette, fireplace and traditional Finnish sauna. Overnight in your cozy first-class log cabin for the next 3 nights.
Day 2 CHRISTMAS EVE (B, L, D)
Tuesday, December 24
8:00-10:30 Christmas breakfast
10:30 Departure for visit Santa´s home in Santa´s Resort. See where Santa lives with his wife. The elf serves hot drinks and gingerbread
13:00-15:00 Lunch and decoration of the Christmas tree
Christmas sauna in your own cozy log cabin
16:30-18:00 Departure for the Christmas Eve Service at Tieva Chapel (1 mi. from the hotel)
19:00 A traditional Finnish Christmas Eve Dinner (Festive dress is desirable)
20:30 The one and only Santa Claus comes with his reindeer sleigh to give the presents and listen to children's songs
Everybody can bring their own presents and Santa will present them personally
Day 3 SAARISELKA - FREE DAY (B, D)
Wednesday, December 25
After breakfast enjoy the activities offered at the center. Winter sleighs are free to use by everyone and the illuminated ski trails begin from the front yard. Perhaps you enjoy Saariselka, a ski village located just 10km from Kakslauttanen, offering excellent opportunities for downhill skiing and snowboarding. Or join in one of the optional winter safaris such as Reindeer Safari, visit to Reindeer Farm, Husky or Snowmobiling, Hunt for Northern Lights, Icefishing. Overnight in the log cabin.
Option: Overnight in a Snow or Glass Igloo (extra charge).
All excursions include equipment, transfers from/to hotel and guiding. All excursions are weather dependant! Please book in advance!
Day 4 DEPARTURE IVALO (B)
Thursday December 26
After breakfast transfer to the Ivalo Airport. Your winter adventure in Lapland has come to an end.
New Years is a special time in Lapland, and the hotel is celebrating the festivities with special activities and programs.
Please inquire about special New Years Celebration at Hotel Kakslauttanen.