Santa Claus Holiday, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,195 USD
December 22 - December 26, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
Christmas family snow adventure to Rovaniemi, home of Santa Claus Village. Enjoy Lappish Christmas, meet Santa, drive reindeer, husky sleds, snowmobiles.
Our Christmas Family adventure brings you to the heart of Finnish Lapland, Rovaniemi. An action-packed tour with Lappish snow adventures for the entire family: earn a Reindeer Driving Permit, a Certificate for Crossing the Arctic Circle, by reindeer sled to Santa Claus Village. Meet Santa and post your Christmas letter at Santa Claus Main Post Office. Visit a Husky farm and drive your own sled, enjoy a snowmobile safari through snow covered forest.
December 22 - December 26, 2018 or
December 23 - December 27, 2018
December 22 - 26 or December 23 - 27, 2018
- Scandic Hotel
- from $2,375 per person in standard double room, Dec 22-26
- from $2,425 per person in standard double room, Dec 23-27
- from $855 Child with 2 adults, 4-12 yrs, in extra bed
- Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi
- from $2,195 per person in standard double room, Dec 22-26
- from $2,475 per person in standard double room, Dec 23-27
- from $1,185 per child, with 2 adults, 4-14 yrs, in extra bed
- Hotel Santa Claus
- from $2,625 per person in standard double room
- from $2,755 per person in superior double room
- from $1,325 Child with 2 adults, 4-12 yrs, in extra bed (all room types)
- Private airport transfers in/out Rovaniemi airport
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation of your choice
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Total of 4 dinners:
- 2 x half board dinner
- Christmas Dinner: 24.12. time: 21.00 + 1 glass of wine or soft drink
- Christmas Dinner: 25.12 time: 21.00 + 1 glass of wine or soft drink
- Access to the hotel sauna daily
- Sauna and swimming pool daily (Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi)
- Excursions 3 x as per itinerary
- Outfit for stay outfit for stay Joint guided tour
- Tax & service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights Helsinki- Rovaniemi- Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages other than Christmas dinners
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required
- This is a non-escorted tour to Lapland
- Excursions are guided
- Itinerary and routing of the excursions subject to change. Meal times and Christmas Dinner times may vary depending on your choice of hotel. Please verify dinner, breakfasts and hotel's program times from reception upon arrival.
- Excursion dates depend on arrival date.
- Subject to availability! Early booking is recommended.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Overnight at Arctic SnowHotel
- In Search of Aurora Borealis
- Domestic flights, please request
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI (D)
Program for Hotel Santa Claus
Saturday, December 22
Your magical Christmas adventure begins at Rovaniemi Airport where our friendly local representatives await to greet you and transfer to your chosen hotel in Rovanimei. After check-in, the rest of the day is free for you to explore this delightful destination or to relax in a traditional Finnish sauna at the hotel.
In the evening, 19:00 -21:00 Half board buffet dinner, Menu decided by the kitchen.
Scandic Hotel Rovaniemi**** (All of rooms are newly renovated)
Hotel Santa Claus****+
Day 2 CHRISTMAS EVE - YULETIDE FESTIVITIES (B, D)
Sunday, December 23
Traditional Finnish breakfast buffet in Gaissa restaurant before heading out for the day's exciting Arctic adventures.
REINDEER SAFARI TO SANTA'S VILLAGE 09.30-13.30
Lapland is well-known for Santa Claus and his reindeer. What a great way to see both by joining us for a reindeer safari to the Santa Claus Village! Sitting in the sleigh pulled by the reindeer we make our way from the Reindeer Farm to Santa's Village along the snowy trails of the wintry forest.
In the village we have some free time to meet Santa in his office, send postcards from the Santa Claus Main Post Office and explore handicraft and souvenir shops. Awarded a Reindeer Driving Licence and a Certificate for Crossing the Arctic Circle, you will not forget this experience. Transfers are done by car.
DURATION: including transfers 4 hours
Back at the hotel you have some time for sauna. Half board buffet dinner, Menu decided by the kitchen.
Hotel Santa Claus****+
Day 3 CHRISTMAS EVE - YULETIDE FESTIVITIES (B, D)
Monday, December 24
Breakfast buffet in Gaissa restaurant.
FAMILY HUSKY SAFARI 11.15 – 13.00
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we’ll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch. 3 km husky safari.
DURATION: 1h 45 mins including transfers
CHRISTMAS EVE FESTIVITIES:
16:00 -17:30 For children: At the restaurant the Christmas tree is decorated, you are treated to fresh gingerbread cookies and a warm mug of tasty glogg, a Nordic mulled wine traditionally served during the holiday season.
18:00 Santa Claus will visit the hotel in the evening.
Small gift for children on the house and max one gift/child from the family.
Later, enjoy a festive Christmas Eve Gala Buffet Dinner, featuring Finnish specialties, 1 glass of house wine or beer or soft drink per person included.
Dinner time of the group will be advised on the arrival day.
Finally, Santas elves make a special appearance at the restaurant to spread Christmas cheer and give small gifts to all good boys and girls - adults included!
Scandic Pohjanhovi Hotel****
Hotel Santa Claus****+
Day 4 CHRISTMAS DAY - SNOW FUN DAY (B, D)
Tuesday, December 25
8:00 - 11:00 Scandinavian buffet breakfast in Gaissa restaurant. Morning at leisure for additional activities. Perhaps try snowshoes and cross-country skies.
FAMILY SNOWMOBILE SAFARI 14.30-16.30
The best way to get to the heart of nature – and back. During this fun safari, you’ll learn how to drive a snowmobile along frozen rivers and through snow covered forests. Enjoy the beautiful views of the river valley from the hilltops. A break with hot beverages will keep your motor running. DURATION: 2 hours
Return to the hotel for sauna. Christmas Gala buffet dinner, 1 glass of house wine or beer or soft drink per person included.
Hotel Santa Claus****+
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Wednesday, December 26
After a hearty breakfast, check out* and departure.
*Check out on departure day: latest at 11:00; complimentary luggage storage.
*Excursion days depends on arrival date.
Please note: This is an example itinerary. Actual times and activities will be determined by the hotels.
MEETING POINTS FOR SAFARIS:
At the safari office 30 minutes before departure. Guests staying in Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara, Santa Sport, Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets, Santa's Igloos Arctic Circle, Snowman World, Hotel Vartiosaari and Arctic Tree House will be picked up from their hotel approx. 45 minutes before departure. Guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village and Nova Skyland Hotel are picked up from the reception of Snowman World.
All safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions.
Producer reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.