Self Drive TourDenmark
From $1,245 USD
April - September, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
On our Denmark self-drive tour you explore the islands of Sealand, Funen and Aeroe. By car through scenic countryside to visit historic sites and castles.
This self-drive tour to Denmark's islands allows you to travel at your own pace, while exploring highlights of the fairy tale country. Perhaps visit Tivoli and famous sites in Copenhagen such as the little Mermaid, the Nyhavn Canal or Amalienborg Palace. Travel to Roskilde with its Viking ship Museum, and to the island of Funen. In Odense enjoy Hans Christian Anderson's home. Visit Egeskov Castle, continue to Svendborg and take the ferry to Aeroe Island.
April - September, 2018
Daily, April - September 2018
- from $1,245 per person, based on double room
- from $2,255 single room
- 4 nights accommodation at 3*/4* hotels
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Return bridge toll Great Belt Bridge
- Return ferry crossing for car and passengers Svendborg - Aero - Svendborg
- Car rental class C (VW Golf or similar, manual transmission), 5 days, 120 hours
- Pick up/drop off Airport Copenhagen
- Unlimited mileage, Collision Damage Waiver, Theft protection and tax
- International flights and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Fuel expenses & GPS
- Upgrade to higher category car
- Meals other than mentioned
- Optional Tours
- Service fee $25
- The minimum age to rent a vehicle is 25 years and drivers must have held a driving license for at least 12 months prior to hiring the car.
- Payment by voucher, but the client must guarantee with own credit card when picking up car.
- Please note all rates and services remain subject to availability.
- Upgrade to car Cat I, type Honda Civic or similar, automatic transmission, in double room, $220
- Upgrade to car Cat I, type Honda Civic or similar, automatic transmission, in single room, $425
- Additional nights in Copenhagen
- Wonderful Copenhagen City sightseeing
- Higher car category
Day 1 ARRIVE COPENHAGEN
Arrival Kastrup Copenhagen Airport and pick up rental car. Drive to your hotel. The capital is full of attractions, most of them located within walking distance in the city centre. We recommend a visit to the Tivoli Gardens (only seasonal openings, to be advised upon request) the Amalienborg Palace, the Christiansborg Palace (Danish Parliament), the Gefion Fountain, the old harbour ‘Nyhavn’, the Little Mermaid, the Round Tower, the museum of Carlsberg or one of the many other museums of art, culture, history and design. Also remember time to enjoy the pedestrian shopping streets of Strøget and surroundings. Overnight at the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro
Day 2 COPENHAGEN - ODENSE (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Copenhagen westward through farming
countryside and small villages, some of which were founded by Vikings more than a thousand years ago. Upon arrival in Roskilde - until 1417, the capital of Denmark – we recommend a visit to the Viking Ship Museum, containing the remains of 5 Viking vessels which have been salvaged from the bed of Roskilde Fjord, where they were sunk more than a thousand years ago to prevent aggressive intruders gaining access to the town from the sea. After visiting the museum, a short drive to the Town Square, to visit the twin-spired Roskilde Cathedral. The construction of the cathedral was commenced during the 12
th Century and additions have been made through the ages, in different architectural styles. The cathedral is the traditional burial place of
Danish monarchs and contains more than 40 royal graves. Continue from Roskilde to Halskov from where you will drive over one of the world’s largest suspension bridges constructed off-shore and arrive on the island of Funen. Continue to Odense, Denmark’s third largest city and Hans Christian Andersen’s home town. Overnight at the First Hotel Grand Odense
Day 3 ODENSE - SVENDBORG - AEROE (B)
After breakfast drive south to Kvaerndrup and Egeskov Castle (entrance included), which is the best preserved water fortress in the world, built on a foundation of oak piles rammed into a bed of a lake more than 450 years ago. Today it is a family owned castle which has belonged to the family Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille since 1784.
Visit the Great Hall which dates back to 1554 and contains furniture and paintings as well as seven adjoining rooms. Enjoy the 40-acre park with hundreds of aromatic plants and herbs and visit the old-timers Museum. Continue to Svendborg to take the ferry to the island of Aeroe ('AEro').
Accommodation at Paa Torvet
Day 4 AEROE (B)
Breakfast at the hotel and day free to enjoy the island. We can recommend bike
rental, the various interesting museums, many of them centered around the
maritime past of the island, or simply the idyllic charm of a small community still full
of life. Accommodation at På Torvet
Day 5 AEROE - COPENHAGEN (B)
Breakfast at the hotel and ferry back to Svenborg. From Svendborg to Knudshoved to take the bridge back to Sealand and Copenhagen. And continue to airport to drop off rental car. End of services.