Northern Lights and Husky SafariFinland
From $2,125 USD
December 3, 2017 - April 21, 2018
7 Days / 6 Nights
Discover the Wilderness of North-West Lapland on a 5-day husky safari. Drive your dog sled team across the frozen lakes of the Pallas-Yllas National Park.
Discover North-West Lapland’s nature, Europe's last wilderness, by mushing your team of huskies on the edge of Pallas-Yllas National Park, through ancient Arctic forests and swamps, over fells and frozen lakes. Breath pristine air, listen to the sound of silence, only disturbed by the running paws in the snow. Spend nights in wilderness cabins, no electricity and running water, sit by the fire, take care of your own huskies, a true wilderness dream!
December 3, 2017 - April 21, 2018
Weekly between December 3, 2017 - April 21, 2018, arrivals on Sundays or Saturdays
- December 3 - December 23, 2017/ March 18 - April 21, 2018
- from $2,290 per person
- December 24, 2017 - March 17, 2018
- from $2,575 per person
- Transfers from Kittila Airport to/from Hotel for scheduled domestic flights
- 3 nights in safari houses with shared facilities
- 4 overnights in Wilderness cabins
- Full board (from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 8)
- Thermo-clothing: thermo overall, boots, socks, mittens, warm hat
- 5 days of Husky Safaris, days 2 - 6 with guide
- One dog team of 4 - 6 dogs for each participant
- Qualified English speaking wilderness guide
- Taxes & services
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic Airfare Helsinki - Kittila - Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Group size: 4 - 7 persons
- No single room accommodation possible during this trip.
- All accommodation are in multiple persons bedrooms with shared facilities.
- Accommodation situated in either Harriniva, Jeris,Torassieppi or in the neighborhoods of Harriniva (approx. 3 km transfers included).
- The 5-days husky safari is not suitable for children and therefore we recommend this safari only for youth with 18 years, due to long safari days and changeable weather conditions.
- Extra nights in Harriniva are possible, and we offer several winter activities: Cross country and Downhill skiing (at the nearby Olos-Fell), Northern Lights Excursions, Ice fishing, Snowmobile excursions, Snow-shoe tours, Reindeer safaris, Northern Lights excursions etc.
- Additional nights in Helsinki and/or Harriniva
- Night in traditional Snow igloo
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
Day 1 KITTILA - HARRINIVA (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport and transfer (only for scheduled domestic flights) to Muonio, Harriniva Holiday Centre (approx. 1 hour). Welcome dinner with the safari group. Overnight in our cozy safari cabins in Muonio, with wc, shower and sauna (shared).
Day 2 - 5 HARRINIVA - HUSKY SAFARI (B, L, D)
After breakfast you will be provided with safari equipment and meet with the guide who gives you a short introduction to the program of the week. You meet your own dog team, the sleds will be packed and you will be taught how to handle the sled. Start of the safari.
The route will take you through the beautiful forest scenery, over frozen lakes and along the rivers. Each night is spent in different, simple but cozy huts without electricity. Each hut has a sauna to wash yourself and a wilderness toilet (without water).
Everyone takes care of his dog team, helps to prepare the meals and make fire. Breakfast and dinner are prepared in the huts, lunch by open fire in the wilderness.
On day 6 return to Harriniva in the afternoon. Go through your safari memories together once more during a delicious farewell dinner with Lappish specialities. Overnight in our cozy safari cabins nearby Harriniva with wc, shower and sauna in shared facilities.
Day 6 RETURN TO HARRINIVA (B, L, D)
Return to Harriniva in the afternoon. Go through your safari memories together once more during a delicious farewell dinner with Lappish specialties. Overnight in one of our safari houses with shared facilities.
Day 7 LEISURE DAY - OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS (B, L, D)
Today you have a free day to relax or to book some of our other exciting activities available. Lunch and dinner is served in the restaurant. Overnight in one of our safari houses with shared facilities.
Day 8 DEPARTURE HARRINIVA - KITTILA (B)
Breakfast and transfer to Kittila airport.