Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Reindeer SafariFinland
From $1,455 USD
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, by the Arctic Circle. Hunt for Northern Lights by snowmobile, visit Santa Claus Village, enjoy husky- and reindeer safaris.
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, situated close to magical Arctic Circle, is the perfect setting for exciting winter holidays. Start your adventure by snowmobile in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Take a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Cross the Arctic Circle on your visit to Santa Claus Village, where you meet Santa and elves. Explore a husky ranch and learn to drive your team of huskies.
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
Daily, December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
except December 22, 2018 - January 2, 2019
- from $1,675 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $1,545 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,475 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,455 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $725 child 4-12 years, with 2 adults, in extra bed
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi
- 4 nights Scandic Hotel or Scandic Pohjanhovi, standard room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Daily sauna
- Santa Claus Safari (2 per snowmobile)
- Lunch during the Santa Safari
- Aurora Borealis Safari by Snowmobiles (2 per snowmobile)
- Child travel in sledge pulled by snowmobile, driven by the guide
- Husky Safari by car
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for stay- pickup / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required.
- This is a non-escorted, partially guided tour. Excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence.
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended. Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Scandic Hotel or Scandic Pohjanhovi according to your flight.
Accommodation: SCANDIC HOTEL Standard room – 4 nights
Newly renovated 2018. Scandic hotel is situated in the middle of Rovaniemi city, close to new shopping center. Hotel has international atmosphere, Non smoking hotel, 178 rooms, Free WIFI, evening sauna.
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar, movie channels, color TV, iron and board, safety box, wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
Day 2 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS (B, L*)
Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (450m). You can keep your outfit while your stay here in Rovaniemi.
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY SNOWMOBILES, 18:00 - 21:00
Experience the Arctic night by driving through the snow-covered forest and on the frozen river. With a little luck, you'll travel under a bright sky lit by the moon and the stars. Perhaps the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights – will appear to show you the way. Sip warm beverages and savor a snack by a campfire and learn more about the Northern Lights and Lapland.
Duration: 3 hours
SANTA CLAUS SAFARI, 10:00 - 16:00
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas.
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle.
In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
You will have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious *lunch in a cozy restaurant. You will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
Duration: 6 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer from Hotel Arctic Light to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.