From $1,395 USD
June 1 - August 31, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Fjord Majesty, rail and boat combination: Norway in a Nutshell, Sognefjord and Fjærlandfjord cruises, visit Norwegian Glacier Museum, from Oslo to Bergen.
Our Fjord Majesty offers a beautiful combination of Norway by train and boat! Depart Oslo on the Bergen Railway, across the snow-capped mountains of the Hardangervidda to Myrdal. Ride on the famous Flåm Railway, enjoy a breathtaking descent into the Flåm Valley to Flåm. Continue by cruise on the Sognefjord to Balestrand, stay at the historic Kvikne's Hotel. Cruise the Fjærlandfjord, visit the Norwegian Glacier Museum, and cruise out to sea to Bergen.
June 1 - August 31, 2019
Daily, June 1 - August 31, 2019
- from $1,395 per person in double room
- from $1,585 single room
- from $50 per person Fjord view upgrade, Kvikne's Hotel
- from $75 per person Fjord view upgrade, historical building, Kvikne's Hotel
- 4 nights first class hotel accommodations
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x Buffet dinner, Kvikne's Hotel
- 1 x 3-course dinner or buffet
- Train, Oslo - Myrdal
- Seat reservation in 2nd class (Komfort class available)
- Flåm Railway, Myrdal to Flåm
- Sognefjord cruise, Flåm - Balestrand
- Sognefjord cruise, Balestrand - Bergen
- Cruise on Fjærlandsfjord
- Fjærland Glacier Excursion:
- Glacier bus: Norwegian Glacier Museum,
- Supphellebreen Glacier, Boyabreen Glacier, Fjærland
- Multiscreen presentation on Jostedalsbreen
- Entrance Glacier Museum
- Taxes & services
- Airfare and airport taxes and customs fees
- Return train to Oslo
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- This is an independent tour. The services are based on public transportation and are on an individual basis. No tour leader is provided.
- Hotels are subject to availability.
- The itinerary can be tailor-made to suit your or your family's travel needs, additional nights may be added.
- Upgrade to fjord view rooms at Kvikne's Hotel
- Additional nights in Bergen and/or Oslo
- Return train, Bergen - Oslo
- Fjord Line, Bergen - Hirtshals/Denmark
Day 1 OSLO
Individual arrival in Oslo. Transfer on your own to the hotel. Time to explore the many sights, visit to the famous Vigeland Sculpture Park, the Viking-ship Museum, the Fram Museum where the entire original Arctic exploration ship Fram is exhibited, the Kon-tiki Museum which contains original vessels and objects from Thor Heyerdal's many expeditions. Accommodation at the centrally located Thon Hotel Opera, right by the train station, or similar.
Thon Hotel Opera ****+
Day 2 OSLO - FLÅM RAILWAY - SOGNEFJORD - BALESTRAND (B, D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Easy walk on your own from your hotel to Oslo Central Station and start your tour to the Norwegian fjords. (Please make sure to pick up the tickets for your Sognefjord tour at Oslo train station before departure).
Start by train Oslo-Myrdal (2nd class) followed by an exhilarating ride on the amazing Flåm Railway from Myrdal to Flåm. In Flåm you can explore the Flåm Railway Museum before taking the express boat Flåm-Balestrand – a 2 hours peaceful tour on the Auerlandfjord and the Sognefjord. The tour through the Sognefjord is a magnificent tour on the longest and deepest fjord in the world. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of cascading waterfalls, sheer mountain cliffs, snow-clad peaks. In Balestrand just a minute walk from the boat to historic Hotel Kvikne's, located next to the pier. A 3-course dinner or buffet will be served at the hotel.
Dinner and accommodation at Kvikne's Hotel, dating back to 1877, superbly located on the banks of the fjord, surrounded by mountains.
Kvikne's Hotel ****+
Day 3 BALESTRAND - FJÆRLANDSFJORD - GLACIER (B, D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy the tour to the Fjærland Fjord & Glaciers (included). In the morning walk to the pier, next to the hotel, for a 1½-2 hours cruise from Balestrand along the Fjærland Fjord, a 30 km long branch of the Sognefjord. Arrive in Fjærland and depart by the glacier bus: first stop is the Norwegian Glacier Museum, which reveals more than you ever wanted to know about the flowing ice and how it has sculpted the landscape, the fjords and mountains. Included is a stunning multi+screen presentation on Jostedalsbreen, the largest glacier on the European continent (474 km2).
Second and third stop are the Supphellebreen Glacier and the Boyabreen Glacier, both branches of Jostedalsbreen, flowing down to the valley floor in Fjærland. The glacier ice is gliding down the mountain side with a speed of 2 meters per day - among the fastest in Norway. Supphellebreen, at an elevation of 60 m, is the lowest lying glacier in Southern Norway. Parts of Fjærland lie within Jostedalsbreen National Park. The National Park covers 1230 km² and is characterized by great variation within short distances, from fjords and lowland, to mountains and glaciers. Return to Fjærland and take the boat back to Balestrand. Return to your hotel later afternoon. Dinner and accommodation at Kvikne's Hotel.
Kvikne's Hotel ****+
Day 4 BALESTRAND - SOGNEFJORD CRUISE - BERGEN (B)
After breakfast, depart for an unforgettable 4-hour cruise on the mighty Sognefjord. Sail from Balestrand through the longest and deepest fjord in the world, out to the open sea, along the rugged coast of western Norway and through the archipelago surrounding the fjord capital of Bergen. Upon arrival in Bergen, transfer on your own (only a few minutes walk) to the Augustin Hotel. Afternoon at leisure to explore the many sights and museums. Overnight at the Augustin Hotel.
Augustin Hotel ****
Day 5 BERGEN (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out from the hotel. Transfer from your hotel to the airport on own.