Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $2,025 USD
December 9 - December 16, 2018
8 Days / 7 Nights
The most complete Lapland adventure with Arctic activities, huskies, reindeer, snowmobiles, snowshoes and cross-country skis and hunt for Northern Lights.
Lapland Highlights, the most complete Lapland adventure, mixed with Arctic relaxation in Harriniva. The beautiful hotel is situated at the shore of Muonio river, surrounded by magical winter forest. Discover winter wilderness with huskies, reindeer, snowmobiles, snowshoes and cross-country skis. Lunches around open campfires, in traditional Lappish kotas and the Ice restaurant. At night hunt for magical Northern Lights illuminating the Arctic sky.
December 9 - December 16, 2018
Arrivals on Sunday, December 9 - December 16, 2018
- December 9 - December 16, 2018
- from $2,025 per person in double room
- from $2,540 single room
- from $1,215 child 5-12 years, in same room with 2 adults
- Return transfers from/to Kittilä (for scheduled domestic flights only)
- 7 x nights accommodations hotel
- Full board, from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 7
- Necessary winter clothing
- 1 x private use of Aurora Wellness (90min)
- 17 km / 10 mi Husky safari
- 30 km / 19 mi Snowmobile safari
- Guided snowshoe walk and cross-country skiing
- Reindeer farm visit, 3 km reindeer safari
- Visit to Torassieppi Winter Village
- Northern Light Evening and Aurora Campfire
- Qualified English speaking wilderness guide
- Lappish speciality dinner
- Tax & service fees
- International and national airfare
- Airport taxes
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Group size: 2 - 22 persons Program suitable for children 5 years and above
- The rate includes the insurance for the snowmobile with own liability of max. 800€ per snowmobile.
- The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driving license (for vehicles with at least 125 cc).
- Additional nights at Harriniva / Jeris
- Night in a traditional Snow igloo
- Overnight in Helsinki
- St. Peter Line cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki, visa free
- Silja Line crusie, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILÄ - HARRINIVA (D)
Arrival at Kittilä airport, transfer to Harriniva (approx. 1 hour). Dinner in the hotel restaurant. Overnight in cozy double rooms with private facilities.
Day 2 HUSKY ADVENTURE - NORTHERN LIGHTS (B, L, D)
After breakfast you have the morning to explore the beautiful winter surroundings of Harriniva. Lunch will be served in the hotel.
In the afternoon we transfer to the nearby Husky farm. You will meet the lovely huskies, enjoy a tour of the farm and take a 17 km safari, two persons per sled. Dinner in the hotel restaurant.
In the evening the guide will tell you more about the fascinating phenomenon of the Northern Lights, and the science & myths behind it. The guide shows you a prime Northern lights viewing spot you will go to. Here you will build a camp fire, toast marshmallows and enjoy hot chocolate around the fire while waiting for the light to hopefully make an appearance.
Day 3 SNOWSHOES - ICE FISHING (B, L, D)
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant. This morning you can experience snowshoeing with your guide. It is a good way to explore the nature and catch nice views.
Afterwards lunch is served in the restaurant. In the afternoon the guide will take you out to try your luck with ice-fishing. Return to the hotel and time to relax in warm sauna. Dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Day 4 TORASSIEPPI WINTER VILLAGE - REINDEER FARM (B, L, D)
After breakfast you will take a 20 minutes bus transfer to To r a s s i e p p i Reindeer farm. Visit a 100 year old unique Lappish farmhouse and a reindeer museum. Test your reindeer herder skills by throwing a lasso and then driving a 3km round in the forest with a reindeer sled next to Pallas-Ylläs National Park. Then a short walk to the Winter Village with the ice restaurant, bar and impressive wall carvings.
Lunch will be served in the ice restaurant. Bus transfer back to the hotel. Dinner is served in the hotel restaurant.
Day 5 CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING - SNOWMOBILE SAFARI (B, L, D)
After breakfast we are off on cross-country skis. The skiing tracks starts right next to the hotel and you will learn the basics of cross-country skiing with your guide. Lunch will be served in the restaurant.
In the afternoon you meet your snowmobile guide who will give you driving instructions and safety briefing. Afterwards it is time to start your engines and follow the guide through snow covered forests, over frozen lakes and swamps, among the fells. Driving distance is about 30 km, 2 persons per snowmobile. Dinner is served in the main restaurant.
Day 6 - 7 LEISURE DAYS - LAPPISH DINNER (B, L, D)
The next two days are at leisure to spend as you wish. You may want to relax in the hotel grounds and visit our visit our Aurora Wellness or go out on your own by snowshoes or cross country skies. Lunch will be severed in the hotel restaurant or you can opt to have a packed lunch box to take out with you.
A special Lappish dinner will be served in the hotel restaurant the last evening.
Day 8 DEPARTURE HARRINIVA - KITTTILÄ (B)
After breakfast departure to Kittilä airport for your departure flight.
Please note: This is a sample itinerary, a full itinerary will be given in resort. We hold the right to make changes to the program itinerary according to weather conditions.