From $8,303 USD
November 7, 2020 - January 16, 2021
12 Days / 11 Nights
Classic Antarctica expedition cruise on the new MS Fridtjof Nansen, newest hybrid-powered expedition ship, features highlights of the frozen continent.
Our Classic Antarctica expedition cruise on the MS Fridtjof Nansen, newest hybrid-powered expedition ship, features highlights of the frozen continent. This is the perfect way to experience spectacular wildlife and natural beauty. Enjoy five full days in Antarctica with landings and ice-boat cruising, as well as chances to kayak, hike and much more. Join us onboard our advanced hybrid-powered expedition ship for an unforgettable Antarctic adventure.
November 7, 2020 - January 16, 2021
November 7, 17 & 27, 2020
December 7, 17 & 27, 2020
January 6 & 16, 2021
from $8,303 per person, Polar Inside cabin, double occupancy
Early booking discount! Save up to 25%
This offer is valid for new, individual bookings only, for departures between April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021, is capacity controlled, and subject to withdrawal at any time without notice. Offer expires March 31, 2019!
Rates are in USD per person, double occupancy, subject to availability.
Hurtigruten has a flexible pricing system and all prices are capacity controlled and subject to availability.
Prices may change at any time before departure date. The applicable price will be quoted at the time of booking.
- Hurtigruten Expedition Voyage
- Cabin grade of your choice
- Full board: daily buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and set or buffet dinner
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer from hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Coach-class flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia, including an orientation tour
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages
- Ice-cruising and landings with the expedition team
- Handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture
- Explorer Science program
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in Expedition Logbook
- Welcome event / Farewell event
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Travel protection plan
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team
- (kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Luggage handling
- All planned landings are subject to weather and ice conditions.
- All itineraries are subject to change.
- Medical questionnaire mandatory.
- Prices may change at any time before departure date, the applicable price will be quoted at the time of booking.
- Optional excursions
Day 1 BUENOS AIRES
Cultural and Cool
This adventure starts with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires, the bustling capital of Argentina. Your adventure starts with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires, the bustling capital of Argentina. Spend the evening at your leisure and discover "Paris of South America" on a warm spring/summer day, or extend your stay with an optional pre- and/or post-cruise Land Adventure to explore Wild Patagonia.
Day 2 BUENOS AIRES - USHUAIA (B, D)
Flight & Embarkation - Tierra del Fuego
Fly early in the morning to Ushuaia, where MS Fridtjof Nansen awaits. Once onboard, we start our journey with a welcome dinner.
Day 3 - 4 AT SEA - DRAKE PASSAGE (B, L, D)
Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for Antarctica as we cross famed Drake Passage. MS Fridtjof Nansen is designed to make polar exploration a pleasure for all ages and learning levels. There will be lectures on the environment, films about Antarctica in the Science Center, and the ship offers a pool, hot tubs and a wellness center to enrich your journey.
Day 5 - 9 ANTARCTICA (B, L, D)
Antarctica … Another world!
Welcome to the most remote area on Earth! Come ashore to explore breathtaking Antarctic scenery and encounter penguins. From on deck, there will be ample opportunities to sight whales and seals.
We always work with the elements in Antarctica, and intend to land on the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula.
The places we visit offer opportunities to discreetly observe different types of penguin colonies, seals, and whales, as well as see glaciers and icebergs in every shape and color. We also visit whaling stations and scientific facilities.
Our activities are varied and exciting. One day you might go ashore to see penguins and hear the ominous crackling of glacial ice. The next day, you may feel the wind on your face as we cruise amidst sea ice searching for seals. Another day may entail kayaking or a walk. Our onboard photographer will be on hand to show you the basics of expedition photography to capture these amazing experiences.
Day 10 - 11 DRAKE PASSAGE (B, L, D)
Heading Back to Civilization
After exploring this exhilarating continent, we set our course back to civilization. Spend the day at sea recapping your experiences, having fun in the Science Center or just relaxing on deck, spotting the many sea birds that follow our ship.
Day 12 USHUAIA - BUENOS AIRES (B)
Disembarkation & Flight - The End of the Adventure
Our Antarctic expedition cruise ends as we reach Ushuaia, and we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to Buenos Aires. For more adventure, you can extend your stay and enjoy our optional post-cruise Land Adventures.