ICEHOTEL, Northern Lights, and Snowmobile SafariSweden
From $1,395 USD
November 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
4 Days / 3 Nights
ICEHOTEL Jukkasjärvi in Sweden, carved of ice every year, is largest in the world. Stay in Ice room or Suite, and warm accommodations in hotel or chalet.
A stay in the ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi is the ultimate Winter Adventure! Sculpted from ice and snow, this incredible work of art in the heart of Swedish Lapland, provides the base for a truly unusual winter break. ICEHOTEL, now in its twenty ninth year, is the world's biggest hotel made entirely of ice. Choose between warm or cold accommodation; combine one cold night in ICEHOTEL in an Ice room or Suite, with several warm nights in hotel rooms or chalets.
November 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
(Mondays - Wednesdays) November 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
- from $1,395 per person in double room
- Prices are based on travel (Mondays - Wednesdays or Thursdays - Sundays)
- Other arrival days are subject to price increase.
- Prices for holidays periods are on request.
- We will be happy to help you create an itinerary to suit your individual travel plans!
- Prices are based on exact program dates!
- Transfers from/to Kiruna Airport - Hotel
- 1 night ICEHOTEL, Ice room, based on double
- Thermal sleeping bag
- 2 nights in comfortable cabin
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- Hotel Berry Drink
- Wilderness Snowmobile Safari, 3 hours
- 1 x Wilderness lunch
- Flight to/from Kiruna
- Optional excursions on day 2
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Above package is based on stay at ICEHOTEL Mondays - Wednesday, other weekdays and weekends available at additional cost. Please request.
- Additional nights and activities are available on request. Icehotel offers snowmobiling, dog sledding, skiing, Sami culture and Arctic Trail adventures.
- The above itinerary is on an individual basis and can be tailor-made to suit your travel wishes.
- Children in ICEHOTEL:
- Children 0-6 years old sleep at no cost together with 2 adults in ICEHOTEL and have their own sleeping bag (if wanted) and breakfast of course.
- Children 7-12 years old imply an additional fee of USD / child together with 2 adults in a room at ICEHOTEL.
- Guests inevitably have a few queries before tucking themselves in their sleeping-bags in one of the stylish ice suites. The guide in ICEHOTEL will be happy to explain everything you need to know about sleeping in ICEHOTEL.
- The temperature in the ICEHOTEL varies between -4 and -9 degrees centigrade, depending on the outside temperature. You will be supplied with a specially made sleeping bag complete with a sleeping bag liner.
- In the morning a hot drink will be brought to you, after which you can enjoy an early morning sauna followed by breakfast.
- Additional nights at the ICEHOTEL Northern Lights Chalet or Kaamos Hotel "Warm accommodations"
- Extended stay in Stockholm
- Pre or Post tour Stockholm & ICEHOTEL
- Björkliden Ski Package
- Optional Excursions:
- Dog sledding
- Northern lights tours
- Skiing & snow shoes
- Sami Culture
- Arctic Trail adventures
- We pride ourselves in our ability to tailor-make holidays; if you cannot find exactly what you are looking for on our website, we will find it for you. Most of our holidays can be adapted to suit your personal travel plans and itinerary.
Day 1 KIRUNA - ICEHOTEL JUKKASJÄRVI
Arrival in Kiruna. Transfer to the ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi (Kiruna-Jukkasjärvi 17 km), or you can take an optional Snowmobile or Dog sleigh transfer. When checking in at the ICEHOTEL (normal check in time is 5:00 pm) you will get a guided tour of the ICEHOTEL. You will also be given "sleeping instructions". Overnight in your Ice room in a cozy sleeping bag and reindeer skins.
The ice room has a classic design and holds a temperature of -5 to -8 degrees Celsius. The bed you sleep on has a thick mattress that rests on a wooden base. The bed is covered with reindeer hides and you sleep in a thermal sleeping bag. Instead of doors the hotel rooms have curtains that you draw to give you and your company privacy.
In Dressing Room, the warm building adjacent to ICEHOTEL, you will find communal changing rooms, toilets and saunas for women and men. Your luggage is stored in the luggage storage room prior to your overnight stay.
Day 2 ICEHOTEL - JUKKASJÄRVI (B)
In the morning you are awakened with a cup of hot lingonberry juice at your bedside. Start your day with a sauna and a buffet breakfast at the Jukkasjärvi Inn. Day is free to join an optional excursion. There is a host of winter activities to choose from, such as snow mobile safari, dog sled safari, ice fishing, reindeer sled excursion. You may also enjoy cross-country skiing or a special guided snowmobile tour at night, including a traditional dinner and slide show on the Aurora Borealis. A clear night sky provides an excellent opportunity to observe the nature phenomenon of the Aurora Borealis - the Northern Lights! Overnight in your comfortable double room at Kaamos Hotel or cozy room at Arctic Chalet or Nordic Chalet.
Day 3 ICEHOTEL - SNOWMOBILE SAFARI (B, L)
Swedish buffet breakfast. Enjoy a 3-hour Wilderness Snowmobile safari today, including lunch. Guided extra long snowmobile tour in the wilderness area around Jukkasjärvi primeval forest, with traditional wilderness lunch (smoked reindeer meat with bread, salmon soup, lingonberry cake). Spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in your comfortable double room or cozy room at Arctic Chalet or Nordic Chalet.
Day 4 JUKKASJÄRVI - KIRUNA (B)
Breakfast at the hotel restaurant before your transfer to the Kiruna Airport. Your adventure to the ICEHOTEL, Sweden's best travel experience, has come to an end. Additional nights and activities are available on request.
The above itinerary is on an individual basis and can be tailor made to suit your travel wishes.
New at the ICHOTEL: Experience ICEHOTEL 365 days a year!