From $2,245 USD
May 13 - September 30, 2020
9 Days / 8 Nights
Iceland Complete, escorted classic motorcoach tour, highlights along the Ring Road. Visit the Golden Circle area, Glacier Lagoon and Myvatn Nature Reserve.
A Bestseller, Iceland Complete, classic motor coach tour along the Ring Road. Discover Iceland's natural wonders, majestic landscapes and the unique Icelandic character. A classic circle tour, offering a perfect mix of Icelandic culture and nature. Explore the South shore, Thingvellir National Park, site of the world's first Parliament, gushing waterfalls and hot springs, icebergs in the Glacial Lagoon, magnificent Eastern fjords and Lake Myvatn.
May 13 - September 30, 2020
May 13, 20, 27
July 1, 8, 20, 29
August 5, 12
September 2, 9, 23, 30
- May - Group size: 36 persons
- from $2,245 per person in double room
- from $2,950 single room
- from $2,125 triple room
- June - August
- from $2,755 per person in double room
- from $3,795 single room
- from $2,490 triple room
- from $2,575 per person in double room
- from $3,495 single room
- from $2,355 triple room
- Small Group size: 16 - April & May
- from $2,755 per person in double room
- from $3,475 single room
- from $2,645 triple room
- June - August
- from $3,325 per person in double room
- from $4,375 single room
- from $2,525 triple room
- from $3,150 per person in double room
- from $4,095 single room
- from $2,885 triple room
- Guided Coach Tour from day 2 to day 8
- Expert local English-speaking guide from day 2 to day 8
- Free Wi-Fi on board motor coach
- Welcome Meeting on the first evening of the tour
- 2 nights accommodation with private facilities in Reykjavik
- 6 nights accommodation with private facilities in countryside
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily, except arrival day
- 5 x two-course local cuisine dinners in the countryside with coffee/tea
- Guide service during dinners
- Entrance to Laufas Folk Museum, including refreshments (day 6)
- Horse show in Skagafjördur (day 7)
- Herring Museum Entrance (day 7)
- Great photo stops
- Seat rotation during the tour
- Customer care service during office hours
- 24-hour Iceland Travel emergency line assistance while in Iceland
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Breakfast on arrival day
- Round-trip transfers between airports and hotels
- Baggage porterage at airport/hotel
- Dinners in Reykjavik (day 1 and 5) and Hofn (day 3)
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Beverages with meals other than coffee/tea and fresh tap water
- Guaranteed early check-in
(check-in time for most hotels in Iceland starts between 14:00 and 16:00
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Optional tours and activities
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- All departures are guaranteed with minimum of 2 participants
- Maximum number of passengers: 36 | Small groups maximum 16 persons
- Excellent locally-based guides who know and are passionate about Iceland
- This tour stays in comfort hotels with private bathrooms, generally quality class hotels
- Children 6-11 years traveling with 2 adults and sharing 1 double room will receive 25% discount from the listed price
- Children 12 years and older pay full price as adults
- It is not recommended that children 0-5 years old travel on scheduled tours | Minimum age: 6 years
- We reserve the right to alter routes without prior notice due to road conditions
- *Please note triple rooms / double rooms with extra bed are always upon request and Iceland Travel cannot guarantee that these rooms will be available. Hotel rooms in Iceland are often smaller in size when compared to hotel rooms in countries such as the USA or Canada, and triple rooms will often be a double room with an extra bed with limited space in the room.
- Optional excursions - Book in advance; price is based on availability at booking time
- Day 1 / Day 8 - Whale Watching from Reykjavik Harbor, 3 – 3.5 hours
- Day 3: Amphibian Boat tour on the Glacier Lagoon
- Day 3: Boat tour on the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon | 30 min
- Day 3: Super jeep tour on Vatnajokull glacier | 3,5 hours
- Day 5: Myvatn Nature Baths | Flexible time
- Day 5: Horse riding in Myvatn/Safarihestar | 1,5 hours
- Day 1 / Day 8 / Day 9 - Blue Lagoon Comfort Experience
Tour also available in small group, max 16 passengers, from $2,755 p.p. in double room
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN ICELAND
Important: If you have added extra nights in Reykjavik before your tour, the guide will meet your group for the Welcome Evening on the evening of Day 1 according to the standard "Iceland Complete" itinerary.
Your tour guide will meet you on Day 1 for your information meeting at your hotel at 18:00/6:00pm. Your guide will have a sign with Iceland Travel's logo and the words "Iceland complete". If you cannot make the information meeting on Day 1 you will meet your guide on Day 2 in the lobby of your hotel at 08:45 am. Please be ready with your luggage.
Upon arrival, head through passport control, collect your bags and go through customs to the Arrival Hall. Airport transfer is not included, but we are happy to help you arrange shared or private transfers.
Once in Reykjavik, check into your hotel. If you arrive early in the day, you might want to explore Reykjavik's old town area, location of many museums and galleries. You might also enjoy visiting one of the city's outdoor geothermal swimming pools where you can shake off your jet lag. In the afternoon you could take one of our day tours, such as whale watching or horseback riding, both bringing you close to Iceland’s nature and landscape.
Dinner is on your own. Reykjavik offers a multitude of restaurants and/or coffee-houses, making dinner a great way to get better acquainted with Iceland's capital.
Tonight, there will be an information meeting at your hotel. You'll meet your guide and travel companions and learn more about the tour.
Overnight stay in Reykjavik.
Please note that most hotels begin check-in between 14:00 and 16:00
Optional: Airport Direct Premium | Airport Direct with Hotel Connection | Private Airport Transfer via the Blue Lagoon
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura**** or similar
Day 2 GEYSIR - GULLFOSS - SKOGAR - SOUTH SHORE - VIK (B, D)
Exploding Geysers - Waterfalls - Puffin Colony - Black Sand Beaches of the South Shore
Breakfast at your hotel. Start the day with a short city sightseeing of Reykjavik. From Reykjavik head through the greenhouse village of Hveragerdi. Head on to the Golden Circle natural wonders. Explore Gullfoss, the "Golden Waterfall", and the nearby Geysir hot spring area to see the famous Geysir and Strokkur, as well as numerous other hot springs and boiling mud pools. Continue along the south shore and stop to admire the waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss before continuing to Dyrholaey and the black sand beaches of Iceland's South Shore. Continue to the village of Vik.
Dinner and overnight. Approximate distance: 325km / 201mi
Highlights: Hveragerdi | Geysir | Gullfoss | Seljalandsfoss | Skogafoss | Vik | Dyrholaey
Icelandair Hotel Vik**** or similar
Day 3 VIK - SKAFTAFELL NATIONAL PARK - GLACIAL LAGOON - HÖFN (B)
Lava Fields - Glacial Lagoon with Icebergs - Europe's Largest Glacier
Breakfast at your hotel. Continue your journey along the Ring Road. Cross Eldhraun, the largest single lava flow recorded on the planet. Visit Kirkjubaejarklaustur town, the former site of a 12th-century Catholic convent. The tour continues over Skeidararsandur sands to Skaftafell, a beautiful glacial area within Vatnajökull National Park.
Continue to the stunning Jökulsarlon Glacial Lagoon to see the birthplace of icebergs. Throughout the day you will also enjoy magnificent views of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier. Tonight dinner is on your own. Höfn has a nice selection of restaurants and cafes. The local specialty is langoustines (Norway lobsters), and you might enjoy the opportunity to try it for yourself!
Overnight stay in the Höfn area. Approximate distance: 279km / 173mi
Highlights: Jökulsarlon Glacial Lagoon | Skaftafell National Park | Vatnajökull
Hotel Hofn**** or similar
Day 4 HÖFN - EAST FJORDS - EGILSSTADIR (B, D)
Narrow Fjords - Steep Mountains - Picturesque Coastline
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you'll enjoy amazing scenery as you head from glacial landscapes to fjord views. Drive from Höfn through Almannaskard pass, stopping to admire the majestic coastline.
Continue to the towering mountains plunging vertically into the sea that form the magnificent East Fjords. Enjoy the amazing views: this is one of Iceland’s oldest regions with rugged mountain and coastal vistas. You'll also pass villages, each with its own special history and charm. The road brings you to Egilsstadir town, located near Iceland’s largest forest and a lake said to be home to a legendary (friendly) monster. The area is also getting a name for itself for its excellent locally sourced cuisine.
Dinner and overnight stay in the Egilsstadir area. Approximate distance: 259km / 161mi
Highlights: Höfn | Petra's Minerals | Djupivogur | Reydarfjördur | Faskrudsfjördur
Icelandair Hotel Herad**** or similar
Day 5 LAKE MYVATN AREA (B, D)
Highland Desert - Bizarre Lava Formations - Geothermal & Volcanic Wonderland
Breakfast at your hotel. Feel the empty vastness of the surreal Modrudalsoraefi highland desert as you head towards the Lake Myvatn area. On the way, stop at Dettifoss, Europe's most powerful waterfall. Continue onwards to Namaskard pass with its boiling mud pools and vibrant colours. Explore the natural beauty of the Lake Myvatn area, including the pseudo craters at Skutustadir and the Laxa Salmon River.
Dinner and overnight stay in the Myvatn area. Approximate distance: 225km / 159miles
Highlights: Dettifoss | Myvatn | Namaskard
Sel Hotel Myvatn**** or similar
Day 6 LAKE MYVATN - AKUREYRI - SIGLUFJÖRDUR (B)
Waterfall Of the Gods - Folk Museum - The beautiful Troll Peninsula
Breakfast at your hotel. Start the day by exploring the peculiar lava formations at Dimmuborgir. Visit the magnificent Godafoss waterfall and the Laufas turf farm museum. Afterwards, visit Akureyri, the colourful northern "capital" of Iceland. The town has charming buildings and a beautiful view of the Eyjafjördur Fjord.
After spending some time in Akureyri, continue along the coastal roads of Eyjafjördur and the Troll Peninsula. This is a beautiful drive along steep mountains with amazing views over the Arctic Sea and black sand coastline. The destination is Siglufjördur, set in a beautiful fjord of the same name. This town has some of the finest timber buildings in the country, beautifully restored to their original glory. Siglufjördur is a very picturesque and easily walkable town for an evening stroll.
Dinner and overnight in Siglufjördur. Approximate distance: 215km / 134miles
Hotel Siglo***** or similar
Highlights: Dimmuborgir | Godafoss | Akureyri | Trollaskagi - Troll Peninsula | Siglufjördur
Hotel Kea Akureyri**** or similar
Day 7 SKAGAFJÖRDUR - BORGARNES (B, D)
Fertile Farmlands - Scenic Views - Icelandic History - Unique Viking Horse Demonstration
Breakfast at your hotel. This morning visit Siglufjördur's award-winning Herring-Era Museum. The museum recreates the atmosphere of the early 20th century when Siglufjördur was transformed into a herring boom town, thanks to a large migration of herring.
Afterwards, head along majestic mountains and narrow passes to Skagafjördur, considered to be one of the finest places in Iceland for horse breeding. Enjoy an introduction to the unique Icelandic horse breed with its special fifth gait - the tolt. Continue towards the village of Blonduos, built on both sides of the river Blanda. Cross the Holtavorduheidi plateau into Western Iceland, a region rich in tales of Viking explorers and mythical creatures. Head through the scenic Borgarfjördur area to the beautiful town of Borgarnes.
Dinner and overnight stay in Borgarnes area. Approximate distance: 310km / 193mi
Highlights: Borgarnes | The Herring Era Museum | Skagafjördur Fjord
Icelandair Hotel Hamar**** or similar
Day 8 BORGARFJÖRDUR - THINGVELLIR - REYKJAVIK (B)
Europe's Largest Hot Spring - Picturesque Waterfalls - National Park with Geological Wonders (UNESCO)
Breakfast at your hotel. Drive to Deildartunguhver, the most powerful hot spring in Europe. Stop to admire the beautiful Hraunfossar waterfalls where the brilliantly blue glacial water flows through black lava formations. Continue via Hvalfjördur fjord to Lake Thingvallavatn, Iceland's largest lake and Thingvellir National Park. This UNESCO heritage site is where the world‘s oldest continuing parliamentary government was founded in the 10th century. It is also the place where the North American and European tectonic plates meet.
Overnight stay in Reykjavik. Dinner is on your own. Approximate distance: 205km / 127mi
Highlights: Hraunfossar | Barnafoss | Deildartunguhver | Thingvellir
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura**** or similar
Day 9 REYKJAVIK DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Please note that this might be a light breakfast if you are taking an early morning departure flight. Transfer to the international airport for your departure flight. Airport transfer is not included, but we are happy to help you arrange shared or private transfers. We recommend you depart your hotel no later than three hours before your departure flight.
Optional: Private airport transfer | Airport Direct Premium | Airport Direct with Hotel Connection | Private Airport Transfer via the Blue Lagoon
Note: We reserve the right to alter routes without prior notice due to road conditions.
Important: Little walking is required on this tour other than walking on mostly flat and paved or smooth paths. Day 5: Dettifoss- Good to know that the walking path between the parking lot and the waterfall is about 15- 20 minutes. It is an easy walk overall, heading downhill to the falls and uphill back to the parking lot.
We suggest bringing a mosquito/fly head net for use on Day 5, as there can be harmless midges around Lake Myvatn. It's not required, but some visitors have found it more comfortable.
Comfortable outdoor shoes are recommended, as there is some very easy level walking in the tour.
Bring wind and waterproof outerwear.
The weather in Iceland can change rapidly. We recommend dressing in layers so you can take on or off clothes as needed.