Santa Claus Holiday and Northern LightsIceland
From $1,135 USD
December 6 - December 23, 2018
4 Days / 3 Nights
Reykjavik Christmas Special celebrates Iceland's Christmas traditions. Enjoy a private city tour, Yule Lads. Visit Golden Circle with Gulfoss and Geysir.
Experience the magical atmosphere before Christmas in Iceland with holiday lights, garlands, and ornate Christmas trees. Enjoy a private sightseeing tour around the city center, taste delicious Icelandic Christmas specialties, learn about the thirteen eccentric Yule Lads and Christmas traditions. Explore the Golden Circle with Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss Waterfall. Let nature, culture and quaint traditions get you into the holiday spirit!
December 6 - December 23, 2018
December 6, 13, 20, 23, 2018
- December 1 - 22, 2018
- from $1,135 per person in double room
- from $1,375 single room
- December 23, 2018
- from $1,160 per person in double room
- from $1,400 single room
We're happy to announce that due to recent favorable exchange rates the prices for our great Winter 2018-2019
have been lowered! New prices are valid from 14 November 2018 and do not apply to bookings made before this date.
- 3 nights at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura****
- Breakfast buffet daily (except arrival day)
- 1 admission to Soley Natura Spa, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura
- Guided Northern Lights hunt by coach, day 1
- Guided Golden Circle coach tour, day 2*
- *for the 23rd of December departure, this tour is on day 3
- Traditional Christmas buffet at SATT Restaurant, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, day 2
- Christmas food-themed walking tour of downtown Reykjavik (day 3)*
*for the 23rd of December departure, this tour is on day 2
- International Airfare & airport taxes
- Arrival & departure airport transfers
- Breakfast on arrival day
- Meals, except those listed above
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 14:00
- Guaranteed late check-out
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- $25 Service fee
- Departures are guaranteed with minimum of 2 participants
- Maximum group size: 36 participants
- Children 6-11 years sharing a room and/or traveling with a guardian will receive 25% discount from the listed price
- Children 12 years and older pay full price as adults
- It is not recommended that children 0-5 years old travel on scheduled tours
- Additional nights in Reykjavik
- Relax at the Blue Lagoon
- Optional excursions
Day 1 WELCOME TO ICELAND - ARRIVAL REYKJAVIK
Arrival - Free day in Reykjavik - Hunt for the Northern Lights
Please note: If you have added extra nights in Reykjavik before your tour, the guide will meet your group for the start of the tour on Day 2 according to the standard "Reykjavik Christmas Special" itinerary.
Day free at leisure. Airport transfers and optional tours available upon request.
This day is open for your own activities. A visit to the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa, located 15 minutes from Keflavik International Airport, is a wonderful way to enjoy your arrival or departure day, depending on flight schedule.
In the evening, hunt for the Northern Lights. Also known as Aurora Borealis, the lights are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colours across the Icelandic night sky. Please note this tour is weather dependent, and sightings are not guaranteed. If conditions are unfavorable for Northern Lights viewing, your group will visit the Northern Lights Center in Reykjavik. Overnight in Reykjavik for the next 3 nights.
Highlights: Reykjavik City Museum | National Gallery | Hallgrimskirkja
Optional: Airport transfer with Flybus Plus | Airport transfer: Arrival via Blue Lagoon
Day 2 GOLDEN CIRCLE TOUR (B, D)
Natural Wonders of Gullfoss, Geysir & Thingvellir - Traditional Icelandic Christmas buffet
After breakfast your guide will meet you at 09:30. Today you will experience a trio of natural wonders along the Golden Circle Route in South Iceland. Highlights include the breathtaking Gullfoss waterfall, which is often frozen mid-cascade during winter; the active Geysir geothermal area of bubbling mud pools, hot springs and spouting geysers; and Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Iceland's greatest historical site. Thingvellir is also of tremendous geological interest, as it is the visible location of the mid-Atlantic Ridge where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet.
Tonight enjoy a traditional Christmas Buffet at Satt Restaurant, located at Icelandair Hotel Natura. The true yuletide spirit is served with a deluxe gourmet Christmas buffet of distinctive dishes based on local and Nordic ingredients. Overnight again at your hotel in Reykjavik.
Highlights: Geysir | Gullfoss
Please note: For the 23rd of December departure, the Golden Circle tour is on day 3.
Day 3 CHRISTMAS SEASON IN REYKJAVIK (B)
Experience Reykjavik - Christmas Themed Walking Tour - Tasty stops at Unique Restaurants
This morning is at your leisure. Perhaps you'll enjoy an indulgent visit to Soley Natura Spa at the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura (included in package price).
This afternoon, enjoy a guided Christmas-themed walking and tasting tour of downtown Reykjavik. What better way to get into the spirit of the season than strolling around the city and visiting several unique restaurants with a fun & knowledgeable local guide by your side.
During this Reykjavik Christmas experience, you'll gain insight into Icelandic holiday traditions old and new, as well the history, art, architecture, culture and cuisine of the capital city. Wander through the beautifully-decorated city center, twinkling with festive holiday lights. Overnight at your hotel in Reykjavik.
Please note: For the 23rd of December departure, this tour is on day 2 (24 December).
Day 4 DEPARTURE REYKJAVIK (B)
Transfer to Keflavik International Airport (not included). If your departing flight is in the afternoon and have not already had the chance to visit the Blue Lagoon, a departure transfer via the Blue Lagoon is recommended.
Optional: Relax at the Blue Lagoon