From $625 USD
October 1, 2018- April 30, 2019
4 Days / 3 Nights
Iceland Winter Gems, self-drive tour to unforgettable natural wonders. Explore the South Shore, Geothermal pools, Thingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir and Aurora.
Winter Gems, a short stopover in Iceland, explore unforgettable natural wonders on this winter self-drive tour. Amidst snow-capped black lava, soak in the soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. On the famous Golden Circle, visit the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and the awe-inspiring Strokkur, in a field of geysers and hot springs, erupting every few minutes. The magical Northern Lights might illuminate the Arctic sky.
October 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
Daily, October 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
- Our prices are quoted for Comfort Class*
- Car type 1.3, Suzuki Swift 4WD or similar
- from $625 per person, based on 4 adults
- from $745 per person, based on 3 adults
- from $695 per person, based on 2 adults
- from $1,195 single, based on 1 adult
- Car type 5.1, Toyota Rav4, 4WD Automatic or similar
- from $660 per person, based on 4 adults
- from $815 per person, based on 3 adults
- from $785 per person, based on 2 adults
- from $1,385 single, based on 1 adult
*Our comfort self-drive holidays allow you to spend your days exploring rural Iceland, knowing your nights will be spent in the most comfortable accommodation each area has to offer. Throughout the tour you'll stay in quality hotels and guesthouses where all rooms have private facilities. Your final night will be in a 4 star hotel in Reykjavik.
- 2 nights accommodation at hotel in Reykjavik
- 1 night accommodation at country hotel in the Vik area
- Breakfast buffet daily (except arrival day)
- Rental car for 3 days
- Unlimited mileage, CDW, theft protection and VAT
- GPS system with car and additional authorized driver**
- Car pick-up/drop-off at Keflavik International airport
- Airport Service Charge
- Emergency phone line open 24 hours
- SIM card worth ISK 2000: unlimited minutes of local calls + 1GB of data. Standard, Micro and Nano cards available. Please check with your service provider to make sure that your phone is unlocked before arrival in Iceland (only until 30.April 2018).
- Tablet with a new travel app called Iceland Travel Companion (picked up at Keflavik airport with your car rental)
- The app includes:
- Thousands of points of nature sites, historic places, and road side services
- Safety guidelines and the apps of the Icelandic Meteorological Office and The Icelandic Road Administration
- Useful information about your booking, including detailed descriptions about confirmed hotels and a GPS road guide to each hotel
- A map view of the Iceland road trip
- Detailed pdf travel book about Iceland in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and French
**Please note that the package price is based on 3 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 4 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 3 day rental is up and use our Flybus departure transfer.
- International flights
- Fuel expenses
- Meals other than breakfast
- Beverages, snacks, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted in itinerary
- Optional activities/excursions/admissions
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Guaranteed early check-in (check-in time for most hotels in Iceland is 1400 (2:00pm)
- Guaranteed late check-out
- $25 service fee
- Winter self-drive tour
- Must be 21 years of age to rent a car, 23 years of age to rent car cat. 5.0 or higher
- **Please note that the package price is based on 3 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 4 an additional supplement will be necessary unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik when the 3 day rental is up and use our Flybus departure transfer
- The tour might be altered depending on your flight schedule and hotel availability. Northern Lights season is from beginning of September to Mid April
- Rates are based on Comfort self-drive holidays
- Car groups:
- Group 1.3 Suzuki Swift 4WD or similar
- Group 4.0 Skoda Octavia 4wd Station or similar
- Group 5.0 Toyota RAV4 4wd or similar
- Group 5.1 Toyota RAV4 4wd Automatic or similar
- Group 7.1 Toyota Land Cruiser GX 4wd Automatic or similar
- Higher car category available, please request
- International flights
- Additional nights in Reykjavik
- Optional day excursions
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN ICELAND
Once you have landed at Keflavik Airport in Iceland, please pick up your luggage and head through customs. Collect your rental car at the airport and proceed to your hotel in Reykjavik. The rest of the day is yours to rest and use at your own leisure. Please note check-in for most hotels begins at 14:00 (2:00pm). Overnight in Reykjavik.
Approximate distance: 50km / 31mi
Highlights: Keflavik | The Blue Lagoon | Reykjavik
Optional: Airport transfer: Arrival via Blue Lagoon | Arrival Airport Transfer with Flybus
Day 2 SOUTH SHORE - WATERFALLS - VIK (B)
Skogafoss waterfall - Seljalandsfoss waterfall - Glacier - Black Sand Beaches
The journey along the south shore follows the wintry countryside, where the ominous Hekla volcano can be seen on a clear day and where majestic mountains meet wide plains. The landscape is adorned with spectacular waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss, where you can enjoy a unique viewpoint by walking behind the curtain of thundering water.
Head on to Vik, a village perched on the edge of a magnificent black-sand beach. From the beaches, you can see surreal basalt columns said to be the remains of trolls frozen in place by the rising sun. Vik is also well known for its woollen handicrafts, which you can check out at the Vikurprjon shop.
The nearby Myrdalsjökull glacier and the black sand beaches make a magnificent setting for the northern lights (best seen on cold and clear nights). Overnight in Vik area.
Approximate distance: 190km / 118mi
Highlights: Skogafoss | Seljalandsfoss | Myrdalsjökull
Day 3 GOLDEN CIRCLE - GULLFOSS - GEYSIR - THINGVELLIR (B)
Thundering Waterfalls - Exploding Geysers - National Park with Geological Wonders (UNESCO)
Enjoy a day visiting the natural gems of the Icelandic countryside. Head for the geothermal fields of Geysir, with bubbling mud pools and the regularly erupting Strokkur geyser.
Then visit the dramatic, two-tiered Gullfoss waterfall, a spectacular sight in winter when frozen mid-cascade. Finally, stop at UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, where the world's oldest parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland's largest lake. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Approximate distance: 364km / 226mi
Highlights: Eyjafjallajökull | Geysir | Gullfoss | Thingvellir
Day 4 DEPARTURE REYKJAVIK (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Drop off your car at the airport before your flight home.
We recommend departing the hotel approximately 3 hours prior to the departure of your international flight.
**Please note that the package price is based on 3 x 24-hour rental days starting at the time of rental. If your flight arrives early on day 1 and departs late on day 4, an additional supplement will be charged unless you choose to return the car in Reykjavik on day 3 when the day rental is up and use our FlyBus plus departure transfer.
Please note: The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sightings can not be guaranteed.
Highlights: Reykjanesbaer | Keflavik | The Blue Lagoon
Optional: Airport transfer: Blue Lagoon upon departure