Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,440 USD
December 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
5 Days / 4 Nights
Rovaniemi, Lapland's Capital at Arctic Circle. Enjoy the new Boutique hotel, hunt for Northern Lights, Santa Claus Village, husky- and reindeer safaris.
Lapland Exclusive – Rovaniemi Adventure brings you to the Capital of Lapland, close to magical Arctic Circle. Stay at the Boutique Hotel Arctic Light in the city center, with spacious individually styled rooms & suites. Start your adventure by snowmobile in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Visit a reindeer farm; cross the Arctic Circle on your visit to Santa Claus Village, meet Santa and elves, and enjoy a Wintertime safari with husky teams.
December 1 - 16, 2019 / January 7 - March 31, 2020
Daily, December 1 - 16, 2019 / January 7 - March 31, 2020
- from $2,675 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,545 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $2,465 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,440 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi
- 4 nights Hotel Arctic Light, Arctic room type
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Daily sauna
- Reindeers & Santa Village (2 per snowmobile)
- Lunch during the Safari
- Aurora Borealis Safari by Snowmobiles (2 per snowmobile)
- Child travel in sledge pulled by snowmobile, driven by the guide
- Husky Safari by car, 10 km drive
- Nili Lappish Restaurant dinner, one evening, Rovaniemi Menu (no drinks included)
- Seeking Aurora photographic tour by bus
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for stay- pickup / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Drinks at Nili Lappish Restaurant dinner
- Personal insurance / personal items
- This is a non-escorted, partially guided tour. Excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence.
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 p.p./snowmobile/accident.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended. Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Package suitable only for adults.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Hotel Arctic Light according to your flight.
NEW BOUTIQUE HOTEL ARCTIC LIGHT
New Boutique hotel in Rovaniemi city center. The 1950's building and former City Hall of Rovaniemi has been reconverted into a stylish hotel and opened it's doors during spring 2015. This urban Arctic hideaway offers a unique combination of Lappish heritage and the ultimate in contemporary style.
The hotel will have a spacious cozy lounge with a delightful restaurant and a collection of 57 spacious individually styled rooms & suites. The Arctic Light Hotel is the essence of supreme comfort and is appreciated for offering a personalized stay on the Arctic Circle.
Room facilities: Glamorously reinvented for the 21st Century traveler. Fully equipped rooms with the latest technology and conveniences, such as LCD TVs complete with a wide variety of international channels, air-conditioning and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Arctic Room type:
Spacious design rooms inspired by the Arctic light and nature. Arctic rooms all have a separate cozy lounge area to enjoy a cup of espresso or a glass of wine.
Free wireless internet | Espresso coffee machine | Minibar | Built in safe | 44"-55" Flat- screen -TV | Bathroom with walk in rain –shower.
Some of the rooms with private Sauna | Bathrobes and slippers | Exclusive bed linen | King Size bed | Air conditioning | Room size: approx. 36m2
Day 2 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS (B)
Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m). You can keep your outfit while your stay here in Rovaniemi. Drop off safari outfit on the way to airport.
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY SNOWMOBILES, 18:00 - 21:00
Experience the Arctic night by driving through the snow-covered forest and on the frozen river. With a little luck, you'll travel under a bright sky lit by the moon and the stars. Perhaps the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights – will appear to show you the way. Sip warm beverages and savor a snack by a campfire and learn more about the Northern Lights and Lapland.
Duration: 3 hours
REINDEER AND SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE BY SNOWMOBILES, 10:00 - 16:00
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
You will also have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus main post office. During the day you enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
Duration: 6 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
AURORA SEEKING 21:00 - 01:00
After stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere, we walk down to a river experiencing the surrounding sleeping nature. We reach the best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient as the auroras love playing hide-and-seek; we never know if or when they will show up! While enjoying the peace of nature we fry sausages surrounded by the great aroma of the fire.
This relaxing escape will definitely satisfy all our senses. Transfer to the wilderness and back by car (50 km one way).
Duration: 4 hours
NILI LAPPISH RESTAURANT – ROVANIEMI MENU (included in the package price)
Beverages on the spot. Inform day during the package booking you wish to have Lappish dinner. Restaurant is situated in the city center, short walk from your hotel. The furnishings are genuine Lappish handicraft and materials such as Lappish wood, reindeer horns and reindeer leather feature strongly in the design. A visit to restaurant Nili is a combination of tastes, scents and atmosphere. In the restaurant you can watch skilled and cheerful staff at work through the open kitchen shutters. Cornerstones are pure Lappish and Finnish ingredients and the food is prepared with heart and soul from start to finish.
The Rovaniemi Menu's - Locality and seasonal changes are the key issues when selecting ingredients for this Menu. Raw materials are selected mainly locally, always looking for seasonal freshness.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer from Hotel Arctic Light to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.
Please note: Package suitable only for adults.