Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,355 USD
December 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018
6 Days / 5 Nights
Explore Lapland during the combination of two destinations, Levi Ski Resort and Rovaniemi. Stay in a Glass Igloo, enjoy snow adventures, huskies, reindeer
Discover exciting Lapland during this combination of two destinations, Levi, Finland's biggest ski resort and Rovaniemi, home of Santa Claus. The wide wilderness around Levi is a haven for Lappish adventures like snowmobile safaris, snowshoe and cross country skiing. Dine in amazing ice -restaurant and enjoy husky- and reindeer safaris in Rovaniemi. Overnight in a glass-igloo provides, admire the Arctic sky and, if lucky enough, also Northern Lights.
December 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018
December 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018 not valid Dec 21, 2017 - Jan 7, 2018
- from $2,355 per person in double room
- from $1,125 Child 8-12 yrs in extra bed
- 2 nights in Spa Hotel Levitunturi
- 2 nights in hotel Santa Claus
- Breakfast buffet daily
- 1 night in Glass Igloo, buffet breakfast
- Ice Fishing safari by snowmobiles, 4 hrs
- Soup lunch
- 2 persons per snowmobile
- 1 x Dinner at Ice Restaurant
- 10 km husky safari
- Reindeer evening safari, 2,5 hrs with transfers
- Thermal outfit during activities; boots, socks, thermal overall,
- mittens, hat and helmet during snowmobiling
- English speaking guides during safaris
- Transfers: Kittila airport - Levi, Levi - Rovaniemi,
- Hotel in Rovaniemi - Glass Igloos, Hotel - Airport Rovaniemi
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Excursions are subject to change due to weather conditions. Producer reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The order of your stay in Hotel Santa Claus and Glass Igloo depends on arrival day and availability.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi / Helsinki
- Tallink Cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- Silja Line cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- St. Peter Line cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILA - LEVI
Arrival to Kittila airport, meet driver with sign at arrival hall. Transfer to Levi and accommodation to Spa Hotel Levitunturi. Driving time 20 minutes. Free entrance to Spa and sauna department once per day.
Hotel Information: Centrally located Spa Hotel Levitunturi in Levi provides cozy Lappish atmosphere, two restaurants, spa with several pools and saunas, gym and lively night life. Hotel complex consists of several buildings around the main restaurant and reception. All rooms has free Wi-FI, kettle, TV, drying cupboard and well equipped bath room.
Day 2 LEVI (B, L)
Rich buffet breakfast in hotel. Meet your guide at hotel for exciting snowmobile and ice fishing activity.
Thermal outfit is provided at safari house; boots, socks, thermal overall, mittens, hat and helmet. This safari shows you the true Lappish nature. The safari route takes you along frozen lakes and snowy forests. You can enjoy this safari by snowmobile or in a sledge pulled by snowmobile. During the day, you can enjoy the most beautiful scenery around Levi. You also break the ice of a lake and try your luck in ice fishing. An enjoyable Lappish soup lunch with bread and strong Lappish coffee or tea for dessert will be served in a cozy cottage.
Day 3 - 5 (B, L, D)
Breakfast in hotel and check out. Transfer to Rovaniemi.
In Rovaniemi you will accommodate 1 night in Glass Igloo and 2 nights in Hotel Santa Claus in city centre. The order depends on arrival day and availability. Breakfasts and transfers between Glass Igloo and Hotel Santa Claus are included in package.
During your stay in Rovaniemi you will experience following safaris:
Husky Safari 10 km. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Memorable reindeer sleigh ride in the evening. Transportation by car to a reindeer farm to try reindeer sleighing. This traditional way of travelling through snowy forests is a unique experience - in the evening, you may even see the Northern Lights blaze up the sky. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee with a bun around a campfire and learn about the life of reindeer herders.
Day 6 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast and check out. Transfer to Rovaniemi airport. End of services.