Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $2,145 USD
November 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Igloo Village Kakslauttanen in Saariselkä, Finnish Lapland, is the base for your winter adventure with igloo, husky sled, snowmobiles, reindeer and Norther
Welcome to Lapland's most enchanting holiday resort, Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Saariselkä, Finland. Sleep under the stars in glass igloos and log cabins in midst of Arctic wilderness; experience the mystical Aurora - the Northern Lights from the new Kelo-Glass igloo! The untamed frozen landscape invites you to fun winter activities; husky- and reindeer safaris, snowmobiles, sleigh rides, skiing, and deep in the forest, Santa's world awaits you.
November 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
Shoulder Season: Nov 1 - Nov 27, 2018
April 1 - April 30, 2018
High Season: Nov 28 - Mar 31, 2019
- EAST VILLAGE
- Shoulder Season:
- from $2,145 per person in 2 person cabin
- from $2,815 single cabin/single Igloo
- from $1,295 children under 12 years, sharing with 2 adults
- High Season:
- from $2,295 per person in 2 person cabin
- from $3,175 single cabin/single Igloo
- from $1,415 children under 12 years, sharing with 2 adults
- WEST VILLAGE
- Shoulder Season:
- from $2,275 per person in 2 person cabin
- from $2,995 single cabin/single Igloo
- from $1,345 children under 12 years, sharing with 2 adults
- High Season:
- from $2,445 per person in 2 person cabin
- from $3,415 single cabin/single Igloo
- from $1,470 children under 12 years, sharing with 2 adults
- Transfers from/to Ivalo Airport
- 1 night in Glass Igloo with sauna and fireplace
- 3 nights in small Log cabin
- Half board
- Breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x Lunches on the Dog Sled Safari
- 3 x Dinners
- 4-hour Dogsled Safari with picnic lunch
- 2-hour Reindeer Sleigh ride with hot drink
- 3-hour Aurora Hunt with Snowmobile Safari*, hot drink incl. (drivers license required)
- Transfers, thermal clothing, winter boots, gloves, snowmobile mask and helmet (for snowmobile safaris)
- Qualified guide on safaris
- Taxes & services
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights to/from Ivalo
- Fee for one-person snowmobile
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- This a non-escorted tour. Guide service is included during excursions only. Minimum of 2 participants required to operate this tour.
- For clients traveling with children we recommend the Aurora Hunting Safari on day 4 with reindeer or huskies or in horse sleigh rather than by snowmobile, which is not recommended for children.
- Santa's Resort is now open. The resort includes Santa's own house, where Santa receives visitors. Elves serve hot drinks and ginger biscuits during your visit.
- Book Early! Subject to availability.
- Self liability during snowmobiling activities is € 900. Each driver must have a valid drivers license to operate a snow mobile. Two persons share one snowmobile and take turns in driving. Sole occupancy at a supplementary cost of approx. USD 60.
- Hotel Kakslauttanen reserves the rights for the Igloo Village. If the weather is not suitable for snow building, there might be delays with starting the Igloo Village season.
- Additional nights in Helsinki and/or Kakslauttanen
- Additional activities, snow fun
- Visit to Santa's Home & Celebration House
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- Visa-free cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki (or Stockholm)
- Activities offered at Hotel Kakslauttanen:
- Reindeer safaris 2 hrs / 3 hrs / 4 hrs
- Husky safaris 2 hrs / 4 hrs
- Snowmobile safaris 2 hrs / 3 hrs / 4 hrs
- Aurora hunting by reindeer 2 hrs
- Aurora hunting by snowmobile 3 hrs
- Visit to Reindeer farm with snowmobile 3 hrs
- Santa Resort 2 hour program
- Horseback riding 3 hrs (2 hrs riding)
- Cross Country ski lesson, per hour
- Sampo Icebreaker cruise, Kemi
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by sledge
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by snowmobile
Day 1 IVALO - KAKSLAUTTANEN (D)
Individual arrival at the Ivalo Airport. Transfer to Saariselkä, the traditional ski resort of Northern Lapland north of the Arctic Circle. Saariselkä, one of the best-known winter centers in Finland, is surrounded by unique fell scenery, illuminated by the colorful Northern Lights during clear Arctic nights. Here you can experience the true spirit of Lapland. Enjoy winter holidays with activities such as downhill skiing, snow boarding, cross-country skiing or reindeer and husky sleigh rides. Visit the Sami Museum of the Nature Center of Northern Lapland. Your snow adventure begins with a delicious dinner before your overnight in a cozy first-class log cabin with shower/toilet, kitchenette and fireplace. All the cabins even have their own traditional Finnish sauna.
Day 2 KAKSLAUTTANEN - HUSKY SAFARI (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast is served in the beautiful log restaurant, located within walking distance from your accommodation. The Husky Farm is situated just across the road from the hotel, where some 250 eager huskies await your arrival to take you on an unforgettable and exhilarating journey through wintery scenery. Before the Husky safari, you will be provided with the necessary outer thermal suit, gloves and hat; then you well meet your very own team of six Husky dogs. You will be given a lesson on how to drive the sledge and how to observe all the important hand signals, as given by your leader. Each team consists of six dogs, you as the driver, and your passenger who is comfortably seated in the wooden sledge. The driver and the passenger can change places at any time during the safari. Your 4-hour safari includes a lunch served over an open fire in a wooden teepee.
Overnight in your cabin.
Day 3 REINDEER FARM - REINDEER SAFARI (B,D)
After breakfast at the hotel you will be picked up by car from the hotel and driven to the reindeer farm. Here all necessary equipment will be provided. This safari requires no skills and the reindeer will do all the work for you as you comfortably relax in your own Reindeer drawn sleigh ride. The 2-hour excursion includes a hot drink a reindeer herdsman's hut. Enjoy the wonderful opportunity to learn about the Sami people, the indigenous population of Lapland, their traditions, culture and way of life. Overnight in the log cabin.
Day 4 AURORA HUNT WITH SNOWMOBILE - IGLOO NIGHT (B, D)
Buffet breakfast at the restaurant. Today is at leisure for optional activities such as cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding or snow shoeing or perhaps enjoy a sleigh ride with horses.
There is a real Arctic experience in store for you tonight! First you go on the hunt for the mesmerizing Northern Lights - the magical Aurora Borealis. Set out on your 3-hour adventure with snowmobile in search of nature's celestial light show, the Northern Lights. Right there, under the Finnish sky surrounded by untouched winter wilderness, you are in the heart of the auroral zone. For families with small children we recommend:
Aurora Hunting with Horse Sleigh, 1.5 hours
Aurora Hunting with Reindeer, 2 hours
Aurora Hunting with Huskies, 2 hours
After the Aurora hunt you have a rare opportunity to sleep in a Glass Igloo. The igloos have been built from a very special thermo glass and if you are lucky, you might marvel at the amazing Northern Lights and the millions of stars right from you igloo.
Optionally, you can choose to spend the night in an igloo made out of snow. Reindeer hides and woolen rugs along with down sleeping bags will keep you warm. The temperature inside the igloo varies between between -3°C and -6°C, but the padded sleeping bags would keep you warm even at much lower temperatures. Besides a warm down sleeping bag (rated extreme temperature is -32°C), we also provide woollen socks and a hood, so that you will never feel cold. The log cabin is also available should you prefer not to stay the night in an igloo.
Day 5 DEPARTURE KAKSLAUTTANEN - IVALO (B)
After breakfast transfer to the Ivalo Airport. Your winter adventure in Lapland has come to an end.
Option: Christmas and New Years is a special time in Lapland, and the hotel is celebrating the festivities with special activities and programs. Please see our special Christmas and New Years packages, critical to book early!