Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, Snowmobile Safari, and SkiingFinland
From $2,495 USD
November 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
4 Days / 3 Nights
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finnish Lapland, stay in Kelo-Glass igloos, enjoy reindeer or husky safari, drive a snowmobile and see the Northern Lights.
Our 4-day winter package offers Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finnish Lapland, 155 mi north of the Arctic Circle. Stay in new Kelo-Glass igloos, combining the warmth of cozy log cabins with dramatic views from the famous glass igloos. See the Northern Lights cast their magical glow across the Arctic sky; enjoy the wilderness adventure by riding a sleigh drawn by reindeer, huskies or horse, speed along on a snowmobile, or silently glide on skis.
November 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019
Daily, November 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019 except Christmas and New Years
- Shoulder season:
- Nov 1 - Nov 27, 2018
- April 1 - 30, 2019
- from $2,495 per person, based on double
- from $1,470 child under 12 years
- High season:
- Nov 28 - Dec 22, 2018
- Dec 26, 2018- March 31, 2018
- from $2,695 per person, based on double
- from $1,605 child under 12 years
- Prices are based on exact arrival and program details
- Transfers from/to Ivalo Airport
- 3 nights in Kelo-Glass Igloo with
- Private sauna, fireplace, kitchenette
- Half board
- Breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x Lunch on dog sled Safari
- 3 x Dinners
- 4-hour Dogsled Safari with picnic lunch
- 2-hour Reindeer Safari with hot drink
- Qualified guide on safaris
- Transfers, thermal clothing, winter boots, gloves, snowmobile mask and helmet (for snowmobile safaris) are provided
- Taxes & services
- International and domestic airfare
- Airport taxes
- Additional optional activities
- Ski and snowshoe rental
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- This a non-escorted tour. Guide service is included during excursions only. Minimum of 2 participants required to operate this tour.
- For clients traveling with children we recommend the Aurora Hunting Safari with reindeer or huskies or in horse sleigh rather than by snowmobile, children ride in snowmobile sleigh.
- 9 hrs Icefishing program includes transfers from Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, thermal clothing, lunch, visit to Siida museum, and daily departure is available with minimum 4 persons. Please note Siida Museum is closed on Mondays.
- Additional nights in Helsinki and/or Kakslauttanen
- Additional activities, snow fun
- Visit to Santa's Home & Celebration House
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
Activities offered at Hotel Kakslauttanen:
- Reindeer safaris 2 hrs / 3 hrs / 4 hrs
- Husky safaris 2 hrs / 4 hrs
- Snowmobile safaris 2 hrs / 3 hrs / 4 hrs
- Aurora hunting by reindeer 2 hrs
- Aurora hunting by snowmobile 3 hrs
- Visit to Reindeer farm with snowmobile 3 hrs
- Santa Resort 2 hour program
- Horseback riding 3 hrs (2 hrs riding)
- Skiing, downhill or cross-country
- Cross Country ski lesson, per hour
- Sampo Icebreaker cruise, Kemi
- Icefishing at Inari Lake by shared Snowmobile
Day 1 ARRIVAL IVALO - KAKSLAUTTANEN ARCTIC RESORT ( D)
Individual arrival at the Ivalo Airport. Transfer to Saariselkä, the traditional ski resort of Northern Lapland north of the Arctic Circle. Saariselkä, one of the best-known winter centers in Finland, is surrounded by unique fell scenery, illuminated by the colorful Northern Lights during clear Arctic nights. Here you can experience the true spirit of Lapland. Enjoy winter holidays with activities such as downhill skiing, snow boarding, cross-country skiing or reindeer and husky sleigh rides. Visit the Sami Museum of the Nature Center of Northern Lapland. Your snow adventure begins with a delicious dinner before your overnight in the newly built Kelo-Glass-Igloo in the West Village. All feature a private sauna, fireplace, kitchenette, and a bedroom with a stunning glass roof. Take in the enchanting beauty of the northern lights and the Lappish wilderness from the comfort of your own private hideaway.
Day 2 KAKSLAUTTANEN - HUSKY SAFARI (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast is served in the beautiful log restaurant, located within walking distance from your accommodation. The Husky Farm is situated just across the road from the hotel, where some 250 eager huskies await your arrival to take you on an unforgettable and exhilarating journey through wintery scenery. Before the Husky safari, you will be provided with the necessary outer thermal suit, gloves and hat; then you well meet your very own team of six Husky dogs. You will be given a lesson on how to drive the sledge and how to observe all the important hand signals, as given by your leader. Each team consists of six dogs, you as the driver, and your passenger who is comfortably seated in the wooden sledge. The driver and the passenger can change places at any time during the safari. Your 4-hour safari includes a lunch served over an open fire in a wooden teepee.
Day 3 KAKSLAUTTANEN - REINDEER FARM (B,D)
After breakfast at the hotel you will be picked up by car from the hotel and driven to the reindeer farm. Here all necessary equipment will be provided. This safari requires no skills and the reindeer will do all the work for you as you comfortably relax in your own sleigh pulled by the reindeers. The 2-hour excursion includes a hot drink in a reindeer herdsman's hut. Enjoy the wonderful opportunity to learn about the Sami people, the indigenous population of Lapland, their traditions, culture and way of life. Overnight in comfortable Kelo-Glass Igloo.
Day 4 KAKSLAUTTANEN DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast transfer to the Ivalo Airport. Your exciting winter adventure in Lapland has come to an end.