Santa Claus Holiday, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,900 USD
January 6 - April 3, 2020
5 Days / 4 Nights
Exclusive travel package to Rovaniemi and Icebreaker Sampo in Kemi. Stay in a Glass Igloo, enjoy guided excursions, huskies, reindeer and Northern Lights.
Exclusive winter holiday to Rovaniemi, capital of Lapland, and Icebreaker Sampo in Kemi. Experience the magic and highlights of Lapland. Set out by snowmobile into the Arctic night, drive through snow-covered forest in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Enjoy a snowmobile ride to a reindeer farm, and a 10km husky safari. Private transfer to Kemi on the Gulf of Bothnia for a 3-hour cruise aboard Icebreaker Sampo, the brave swim in the Arctic Sea!
January 6 - April 3, 2020
Daily, January 6 - April 3, 2020
- Scandic Rovaniemi City Hotel
- from $3,495 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $3,065 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $2,925 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,900 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $ 1,465 Children 4- 11 yrs in extra bed
- Santas Hotel Santa Claus
- from $3,665 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $3,255 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $3,080 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,900 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $ 1,555 Children 4- 11 yrs in extra bed
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi to/from hotel
- 3 nights accommodation in Scandic Hotel, standard room or Santa s Hotel Santa Claus
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Use of sauna
- Lappish Restaurant Dinner set menu Rovaniemi
- Aurora Borealis by car
- By snowmobiles to Reindeer farm (2 per snowmobile)
- 10 km Husky Safari
- E-Sledge safari, electric snowmobiles
- By private transfer from Rovaniemi to Kemi Sampo Icebreaker
- Outfit rental Sampo day
- Lunch at New Snowflake restaurant on shore on Sampo Day
- Unique Sampo cruise, 3 hours
- Snow Castle entrance from January 2020
- Glass Igloo overnight, including breakfast
- Dinner at Ice Restaurant
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Outfit for stay – pick up/drop off safari office
- Guidance during excursions
- Child in a sledge pulled by guide
- Tax & service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- This is a partially guided tour. Excursions are with guides.
- All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English, each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel, traffic insurance, maximum personal liability € 980, maintenance and VAT.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights Rovaniemi, Kemi or Helsinki available
- Airfare Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- St. PeterLine visa free cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Individual arrival in Rovaniemi. Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to hotel of choice according to your flights.
Overnight at Scandic Rovaniemi City Hotel, standard twin room, or Santas Hotel Santa Claus, superior room, 3 nights.
SCANDIC ROVANIEMI CITY HOTEL
Newly renovated 2018 Scandic hotel is situated in the middle of Rovaniemi city, close to new shopping center. Nonsmoking hotel, Free WIFI, evening sauna, Breakfast included
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar, movie channels, color TV, iron and board, safety box, wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
SANTAS HOTEL SANTA CLAUS, SUPERIOR ROOMS
Hotel is situated in Lord square in city centere, four-star hotel.
At the hotel is 168 well-equipped, spacious rooms, most of the rooms are with a fantastic room height of 3,5 meters.
Room facilities: Pay TV, Mini Bar, Internet access for your laptop - Safety box, Adjustable heating, Air-conditioning, An electric kettle, Ironing board - Trouser press, Bathtub and shower, Hair dryer.
Day 1 - 4 EXCURSIONS (B, 1L, D*)
Breakfast at your hotel. Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m). You can keep your outfit while your stay here in Rovaniemi.
SEEKING AURORAS, 21:00 – 01:00
After stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere, we walk down to a river experiencing the surrounding sleeping nature. We reach the best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient as the auroras love playing hide-and-seek; we never know if or when they will show up!
While enjoying the peace of nature we fry sausages surrounded by the great aroma of the fire. Before returning to civilization, we drop by a cozy old building. The hosts warmly welcome us and show us their dwelling, which takes us into the past. This relaxing escape will definitely satisfy all our senses. Transfer to the wilderness and back by car (50 km one way).
Duration: 4 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs.
Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour 15 min)
SNOWMOBILE SAFARI TO REINDEER FARM, 10:00 - 13:00
A snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm, at the farm you will learn about our Lappish culture and reindeer husbandry. Everyone who passes a reindeer-driving test will be issued an international Reindeer Driving License and you have the possibility of participating in a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. Enjoy a cup of hot coffee or berry juice before returning back to town.
Duration: 3 hours | 2 Person per snowmobile
*One evening dinner at LAPPISH restaurant Rovaniemi Menu (set up menu – inform about allergies) MENU: Chefs in Rovaniemi create at least twice a year a special 4-course Rovaniemi menu to honor their home town. Menu creation is based on locality and seasonal changes.
BY PRIVATE TRANSFER FROM ROVANIEMI TO KEMI SAMPO ICEBREAKER
After cruise transfer back to Rovaniemi.
AFTERNOON CRUISE - LUNCH At RESTAURANT ON SHORE, 13:00 - 17:00
The mighty Icebreaker Sampo operates on the northern Gulf of Bothnia out of Kemi in Finnish Lapland. After serving for 30 years in demanding Arctic waters the vessel has been given a new, more fascinating task – to give unforgettable experiences for eager winter adventurers! Capacity on board is 150 persons.
Before returning to the port, the ship will make a one hour stop to enable you to take a swim in the sea, comfortably dressed in a warm survival suit. At the end of this unique cruise experience, the ship's Captain presents each client with a certificate.
Included: Snow Experience 365: IceRestaurant365 Ice bar Snow & Ice sculptures The SnowExperience365 welcomes to winter wonderland every day of the year. Amazing snow and ice sculptures decorate the snowy walls at 365.
From January 2020 also Snow Castle entrance included.
Private transfer Rovaniemi-Kemi-Rovaniemi, lunch at New Snowflake restaurant (not Sampo), swimming/floating in the sea, survival suits provided. Please note that for swimming/floating child needs to be at least 12 years old. Minimum height 145 cm.
Day 4 ARCTIC SNOW HOTEL OVERNIGHT GLASS IGLOOS (B, D)
The Arctic Snow Hotel is an entire world of snow, an experience destination that provides an exotic possibility to spend the night sheltered by snow. In placid Lappish nature you can experience Arctic specialties, such as the Snow Restaurant. Snow Hotel is situated approx. 30 km from Rovaniemi city center.
Private transfers to Glass Igloos Accommodation, 2 person per Igloo.
When sky is clear you are maybe so lucky and are able to see Aurora's dancing in the sky. Arctic Glass Igloos – All with sky vision in complete comfort
Private, comfortable and spacious (20 m2) Igloos with Glass roof Igloos are warmly insulated, all- sky vision, thermal-glass roofs, heated floors, adjustable twin beds, a bathroom with a shower cabinet. Check inn 15:00
Afternoon E-SLEDGE SNOWMOBILE TOUR ** NEW INNOVATION
Try Silent eSleds snowmobiles which offer an environmentally sustainable way to enjoy Arctic nature.
TASTE OF ELECTRIC SNOWMOBILING 18:00 - 20:00
Driving on the frozen lake area on our snowy routes is an easy and comfortable way to start enjoying snowmobiling in peace.
During the safari we make a few stops on the way and enjoy the
beautiful lake view around us. This safari is an especially great option for guests who want to get a taste of electric snowmobiling.
Traditional Finnish sauna is included in the accommodation price (in common use) daily for women at 21:00-22:00 and men at 22:00-23:00.
Dinner at Ice restaurant included.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.