Santa Claus Holiday, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,600 USD
January 1 - March 31, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Rovaniemi, capital of Lapland. Enjoy guided excursions, search for Northern Lights, visit Santa Claus Village and Sampo Icebreaker cruise in Kemi.
Exclusive winter holiday to Rovaniemi and Icebreaker Sampo. Experience the magic and highlights of Lapland. Set out by snowmobile into the Arctic night, drive through snow-covered forest in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Visit Santa Claus Village, meet Santa and his elves, enjoy a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm. Private transfer to Kemi on the Gulf of Bothnia for a cruise aboard Icebreaker Sampo, the brave take a swim in the Arctic Sea!
January 8 - April 3, 2019
Daily, January 8 - April 3, 2019
- from $3,375 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,865 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $2,725 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,600 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi to/from hotel
- 3 nights accommodation in Scandic Hotel, standard room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Use of sauna
- Aurora Borealis by car
- Santa Claus safari, 2 per snowmobile
- Santa Claus Village visit
- Visit to Reindeer Farm
- Lunch during Santa Claus safari
- 10 Km Husky Safari
- By private transfer from Rovaniemi to Kemi Sampo Icebreaker
- Outfit rental Sampo day
- Soup lunch on Icebreaker Sampo
- Unique Sampo cruise
- Snow Castle entrance from January 19, 2019 building site
- Glass Igloo overnight, including breakfast
- Dinner at Ice Restaurant
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Outfit for stay – pick up/drop off safari office
- Guidance during excursions
- Child in a sledge pulled by guide
- Tax & service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- This is a partially guided tour. Excursions are with guides.
- All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English,
- each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel,
- traffic insurance, maximum personal liability € 980, maintenance and VAT.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license.
- Maximum liability can be reduced to € 150 by paying € 15 waiver per driver/snowmobile safari.
- This is to be paid on the spot.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile
- as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights Rovaniemi, Kemi or Helsinki available
- Airfare Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- St. PeterLine visa free cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Individual arrival in Rovaniemi. Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to your hotel according to your flights. Overnight at Scandic Hotel in standard twin room.
Individual arrival to Rovaniemi, private airport transfer to your hotel. Overnight at Scandic Hotel in standard twin room, 3 nights.
SCANDIC HOTEL, 3 nights
Newly renovated 2018 Scandic hotel is situated in the middle of Rovaniemi city, close to new shopping center. Hotel has international atmosphere. Non smoking hotel, 178 rooms, Free WIFI, evening sauna, Breakfast included.
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar | movie channels | color TV | iron and board | safety box | wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
Day 1 - 4 SANTA CLAUS SAFARI - SAMPO ICEBREAKER (B, D*)
Breakfast at your hotel. Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m)
SEEKING AURORAS, 21:00 – 01:00
Arctic evening in search of the Northern Lights. After stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere, we walk down to a river experiencing the surrounding sleeping nature. We reach the
best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient as the auroras love playing hide-and-seek; we never know if or when they will show up! While enjoying the peace of nature we fry sausages surrounded by the great aroma of the fire. Before returning to civilization, we drop by a cozy old building. The hosts warmly welcome us and show us their dwelling, which takes us into the past. This relaxing escape will definitely satisfy all our senses. Transfer to the wilderness and back by car (50 km one way).
Duration: 4 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
SANTA CLAUS AND SNOWMOBILES, 10:00 -16:00
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride
and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle.
In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus' Village. You will also have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
Duration: 6 hours
BY BUS FROM ROVANIEMI TO KEMI SAMPO ICEBREAKER
After cruise transfer back to Rovaniemi (from 4 person by private transfer inn/out)
AFTERNOON CRUISE, 13.00-17.00
The mighty Icebreaker Sampo operates on the northern Gulf of Bothnia out of Kemi in Finnish Lapland. After serving for 30 years in demanding Arctic waters the vessel has been given a new, more fascinating task - to offer unforgettable experiences for eager winter adventurers! Capacity on board is 150 persons. Departure from Rovaniemi in the morning.
Once on board the Icebreaker, you will have a presentation of the ship and a guided tour will take you to the massive engine room and the bridge. Soup meal is served in the ship’s cozy Sampo Arctic Restaurant.
Before returning to the port, the ship will make a one hour stop to enable you to take a swim in the sea, comfortably dressed in a warm survival suit. At the end of this unique cruise experience, the ship's Captain presents each client with a certificate. 4-course menu included.
Before returning to the port, the ship will make a one hour stop to enable you to take a swim in the sea, comfortably dressed in a warm survival suit. At the end of this unique cruise experience, the ship's Captain presents each client with a certificate.
Private transfer Rovaniemi-Kemi-Rovaniemi, guided tour around the ship, soup lunch, bread and coffee/tea, swimming/floating in the sea, survival suits provided. Please note that for
swimming/floating child needs to be at least 12 years old. Minimum height 145 cm.
ARCTIC SNOW HOTEL OVERNIGHT GLASS IGLOOS
The Arctic Snow Hotel is an entire world of snow, an experience destination that provides an exotic possibility to spend the night sheltered by snow. In placid Lappish nature you can experience Arctic specialties, such as the Snow Restaurant. Snow Hotel is situated approx. 30 km from Rovaniemi city center.
GLASS IGLOOS Overnight in Glass Igloos 2 person per Igloo or Family Igloos from 4 persons.
When sky is clear you are maybe so lucky and are able to see Aurora's dancing in the sky. Arctic Glass Igloos – All with sky vision in complete comfort, private, comfortable and spacious
Family Igloos for 4. Igloos with Glass roof. All are warmly insulated, all-sky vision, thermal-glass roofs, heated floors, adjustable twin beds, a bathroom with a shower cabinet Breakfast included, Ask free Aurora Alarm wake up service from reception. *Dinner at venue included on day 4.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.