From $2,355 USD
January 13 - March 24, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Powder Pro journey, 3- day snowmobile safari in north-west Lapland to Galdotieva Wilderness Centre in Palojärvi, stay in modern log cabins in fell scenery.
5-day Best In Wilderness adventure, 3 days snowmobile safari, from Harriniva to Northern Finnish Lapland. Jump on your ski-doo, hit the powder, learn deep snow driving from our experienced guide. The Galdotieva Wilderness Centre in Palojärvi, close to the Norwegian border by Palojärvi Lake, surrounded by fells, is a paradise for active nature lovers. Overnight in comfortable log cabins with electricity, enjoy hot sauna and true Lappish atmosphere.
January 13 - March 24, 2019
January 13 - 17 / Jan 27 - 31
February 3 - 7 / February 10 - 14
March 10 - 14 / March 17 - 21 / March 24 - March 28
- January 13 - March 21, 2019
- from $2,465 per person in double room
- March 24 - March 28, 2019
- from $2,355 per person in double room
- No single room possibilities
- Transfers from/to Kittilä Airport to/from Harriniva Hotel (for scheduled domestic flights)
- 2 nights in shared accommodation with shared facilities
- 2 nights log cabins/apartments with shower/toilets, Galdotieva Fell
- Full board, from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 5
- Safaris as per itinerary
- One person per snowmobile
- Complete winter clothing: thermo overall, boots, socks, mittens, warm hat, helmet
- Qualified English speaking wilderness guide
- Taxes & service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Group size: Minimum of 4 persons required
- This safari is not suitable for children.
- 5 days / 4 nights, 3 days on the safari
- The rate includes the insurance for the snowmobile with own liability of max. 800€ per snowmobile.
- The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driving license (for vehicles with at least 125 cc).
- The driving distances may vary according to the weather conditions and skills of the group.
- Safaris are operated with 4-stroke Ski-Doo Grand Touring Sport 600 ACE.
- Additional nights in Helsinki or Harriniva before or after the safari
- Night in traditional Snow igloo
- Upgrade your snowmobile to Ski-Doo Renegade 900 ACE
- Snow activities Cross country skiing, Ice fishing, Snowmobile excursions, Reindeer safaris, Snowshoe tours, Northern lights excursions
- St. Peter Line cruise, Helsinki-St.Petersburg-Helsinki visa free
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
Day 1 KITTILA - HARRINIVA (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport, transfer to Muonio. Welcome dinner and overnight in one of our safari houses with shared facilities.
Day 2 HARRINIVA - SNOWMOBILE SAFARI (B, L, D)
After breakfast you will meet your safari guide and receive information about the program as well as the safari equipment (warm snowmobile jacket & trousers, boots, socks, mittens, hat, gloves, balaclava and helmet). Pack your personal items in a backpack to be transported in the snowmobile. The rest of your luggage will be stored in Harriniva.
Our experienced guide will give you safety instructions and driving training and then it is time to start the engines! Driving distance today is approximately 100 km/62 mi, over frozen lakes and snow-covered forests.
Late afternoon we arrive to Galdotieva wilderness centre in Palojärvi, near the Norwegian border, where a warm sauna and dinner are waiting. Overnight in comfortable log cabins or apartments with private facilities at Galdotieva Fell.
Day 3 HIT THE POWDER (B, L, D)
After breakfast it is time to discover the surrounding treeless fell region near the Norwegian border, and learn the tricks of deep snow driving! Lunch is prepared during the safari. Driving distance today is between 80-100 km/50-62 mi, depending on the weather conditions and the skills of the participants. Dinner, sauna and overnight in Galdotieva.
Day 4 RETURN TO HARRINIVA (B, L, D)
After breakfast the snowmobile safari continues back to Muonio and Harriniva. Driving distance today is approximately 100 km/ 62 mi, and in the evening you are sure to feel those leg muscles! Time for sauna, perhaps you want to treat yourself to a massage after the sporty days. Reminisce about the experiences of the past days during a delicious farewell dinner with Lappish specialties. Overnight in one of our safari houses with shared facilities.
Day 5 DEPARTURE KITTILÄ (B)
Breakfast and transfer to Kittilä Airport for your departure.
Please note: This is a sample itinerary, a full itinerary will be given in resort. We hold the right to make changes to the program itinerary according to weather conditions.