Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $1,055 USD
November 17 - December 23, 2017
5 Days / 4 Nights
A taste of Lapland, action-packed adventure at Harriniva or Jeris hotel. Fun activities for families, reindeer and husky safaris, snowmobile and snowshoes.
A taste of Lapland, a 4-night action-packed adventure, offers a great insight of what Lapland has to offer. Drive off on snowmobiles, visit a local reindeer farm and relax with the reindeer. Learn about the howling huskies, eager to run, meet their new pubs, before embarking on a 6km husky safari. In the evening head out by snowshoes to make a camp fire in the forest. With some luck you might experience the magical aurora, illuminating the arctic sky.
November 17 - December 23, 2017
November 17 - December 23, 2017, Friday & Sunday arrivals
- November 20 - December 8, 2017
- from $1,055 per person in double room
- December 8 - December 22, 2017
- from $1,185 per person in double room
- Supplement for single snowmobile $50
- Return transfers from Kittila
- 4 nights accommodation in double room or cabin*
- Full board (from dinner on day 1 until breakfast on day 5)
- Christmas dinner
- Winter clothing
- 20 km Northern Lights snowmobile safari
- 6 km husky safari
- Reindeer farm visit and safari
- Lunch in ice restaurant**
- Evening snowshoes and campfire
- Daily hotel sauna
- Qualified English speaking guide during safaris
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Group size: Minimum of 2 persons
- * Extra supplement for Jeris cabins
Children under 15 years cannot drive the snowmobile and small children cannot drive the husky team. They will be sitting in the guide's sledge during the safaris. To drive a snowmobile you must have a valid driving license, own liability is 800€. Some tours on the program may not be suitable for children under the age of 4.
- Additional nights at Harriniva or Jeris
- Overnight in a Snow Igloo
- Optional nights in Helsinki
Day 1 KITTILA - HARRINIVA (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport and transfer to Muonio, Harriniva hotel. You will be issued with your warm winter clothes. Dinner and overnight in cozy hotel room or cabin.
Day 2 HUSKY SAFARI (B, L, D)
After breakfast we will go to the husky farm where you will have a guided tour and meet some of our husky pups. Learn a little about the dogs before enjoying a 6km safari. Lunch will be taken in the main hotel. Dinner and overnight in cozy hotel room or cabin.
Day 3 REINDEER FARM - SLEIGH RIDE (B, L, D)
After breakfast we will transfer to a local reindeer farm to meet the reindeer. You will have a chance to feed them, learn how to throw a lasso and experience a short reindeer ride. Lunch will be served in the ice restaurant* before returning to the hotel. This afternoon you have some free time to explore or book an extra optional activity. Christmas dinner and overnight in cozy hotel room or cabin.
Day 4 SNOWMOBILES - SNOWSHOES - CAMPFIRE (B, L, D)
Breakfast in the restaurant. This morning we head out by snowmobiles, you will be driving 2 persons per snowmobile and we will cover approx. 20km.
Lunch will be served in the main restaurant. This afternoon is at leisure for you to explore the local area. After dinner its snowshoes on and we set out into the forest. Your guide will build a campfire where you can enjoy a hot drink and biscuits whilst waiting for a glimpse of the Northern lights. Overnight in cozy hotel room or cabin.
Day 5 DEPARTURE HARRINIVA - KITTILA (B)
After breakfast transfer to Kittila airport.