Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $1,399 USD
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Levi winter adventure to Finland's biggest ski resort offers Snowmobile safari to reindeer farm, husky sled safari, hunt for Northern Lights by snowmobile
Our Levi winter adventure brings you to Finland's biggest ski resort in the Fell of Lapland. Stay at Spa Hotel Levitunturi, Lapland's largest Spa Water World, with many pools and saunas. Enjoy a snowmobile safari across frozen lakes, through snowy forests, into Lappish wilderness. Visit a husky and reindeer farm, learn how to drive eager huskies and a reindeer sledge. By snowmobiles we search for the magical Northern Lights in clear Arctic nights.
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
December 1-21, 2018 - January 6 - February 24, 2019
except December 21, 2018 - January 5, 2019
- Dec 1-21, 2018 and Jan 6 - Feb 24, 2019
- from $1,625 per person, based on 2 persons
- from $1,450 per person, based on 4 persons
- from $1,425 per person, based on 6 persons
- from $1,399 per person, based on 8 persons
- February 24 - March 31, 2019
- from $1,725 per person, based on 2 persons
- from $1,545 per person, based on 4 persons
- from $1,525 per person, based on 6 persons
- from $1,495 per person, based on 8 persons
- from $275 Superior room supplement for 4 nights
- Private airport transfers Kittila airport to Levi Hotel Spa
- 4 nights accommodation at Levi Hotel Spa, standard room
- Daily breakfasts and sauna
- Entrances to swimming pools and saunas
- Snowmobile safari to reindeer farm, 2 per snowmobile
- Snowmobile safari to search for Northern Lights, 2 per snowmobile
- Husky farm visit and drive (transfers to /from farm by car)
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guide services during excursions / partially guided tour
- Tax & service fees
- International airfare
- Additional nights
- Additional excursions
- $25 Service fee
- This is a partially guided tour.
- Children are entitled to a seat in a sled pulled by a snowmobile driven by the guide. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
- All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English, each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel, traffic insurance, maximum personal liability € 980, maintenance and VAT.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's license.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. Producer reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice. Producer reserves the right to interrupt a safari if a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to others or is in poor health.
- Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Maximum liability can be reduced to € 150 by paying € 15 waiver per driver/snowmobile safari. This is to be paid on the spot direct to safari producer.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommend.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Levi / Rovaniemi / Helsinki
- Upgrade to Spa Hotel room, superior
- Half Board dinners
- Optional excursions
- Cruise Helsinki - Stockholm
- Cruise Helsinki - Tallinn
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILA - LEVI (D)
Arrival at Kittila airport. Private transfer to Levi Hotel Spa.
LEVI HOTEL SPA - Standard room - 4 nights
Locating right in the heart of Levi, a couple of hundred meters from the ski slopes and tracks. All the 172 rooms located in 9 separate hotel buildings around the same yard.
Room facilities: Telephone, radio and TV (Pay TV) toilet, shower, refrigerator, hairdryer, drying cabinet and ironing facilities, and family rooms have additionally micro-oven and coffee machine and sleeping alcove, safety and free wireless access to Internet.
Included: Daily breakfast and entrances to swimming pools and saunas.
Levi Hotel Spa****
Day 2 - 4 LEVI - EXCURSIONS (B)
SNOWMOBILE SAFARI TO A REINDEER FARM, 09:30-12:30
After the guide gives you snowmobile driving instructions, you'll turn onto the snowmobile track and follow it through the snow-covered nature to a local reindeer farm. Reindeer husbandry is an important livelihood in Lapland.
At the farm the reindeer owner has a carefully selected group of reindeer which he has trained for sledge-pulling, and for reindeer races. The reindeer herder will demonstrate how to drive a reindeer sledge, and then it is your turn to take an approximately 1-km ride. Coffee or tea will be served at the farm. After the coffee break return back to the Safari Club House by snowmobile.
Duration: 3-4 hours, reindeer drive 1 hour
SEARCHING FOR THE NORTHERN LIGHTS 19:00-22:00
Come and experience an exotic Arctic evening by driving through snow-covered forests and over frozen lakes by snowmobile. With a little luck, if the sky is clear, the moon, stars and even the Northern Lights may show you the way.
Enjoy a delicious snack of sausages and warm drinks around an open fire before returning to the Safari Club by snowmobile.
Duration: 3 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 10:00 - 13:00
A truly memorable dog sledding experience! After receiving all necessary clothing, you will depart by bus to the husky camp for a truly memorable dog sledding experience! This sporty husky safari takes you out into the Lappish wilderness with the eager dog teams.
After the safari, enjoy hot berry juice while listening to stories about the husky dogs. Return to the safari club by bus.
Duration including transfers: 3 hours (10km husky safari, husky drive approx. 1 hour)
Levi Hotel Spa****
Day 5 DEPARTURE LEVI - KITTILA (B)
Private transfer from hotel to Kittila airport according to your flight.
The Spa & Wellness facilities include:
The Spa Water World’s main pool offers a variety of different water routes and massage points. Try the relaxing hydro massage for your shoulders, back, or the soles of your feet. The water temperature in the main pool is around 28 °C.
Aqua jogging pool
From the main pool, you can move over to the deeper aqua jogging pool, where the fun current moves you forward. If you want more of a challenge, try swimming against the current! You can also try aqua jogging and borrow the buoyancy belts located by the pool.
Jacuzzis of different styles and sizes offer gentle hydro massage and relaxation, and some of them are even located outdoors. The water temperature in the jacuzzis is around 33 °C.
It’s like ice swimming in the winter! The water temperature is around 10 °C, so perhaps is best to take just a quick dip. Cold water is refreshing, it helps with many medical problems, and it is a good way to recover after a hard workout.
Luckily there is a hot pool next to the cold water pool! In this shallow hot pool, you feel incredibly relaxed and you never want to leave. The water temperature is around 36 °C.
The salvation to all tired feet! When you walk from one shallow pool to another, you notice how the round pebbles caress your soles, and the alternation between warm and cold water has a heavenly effect on your feet.
Enjoy these pools in the summer when the sun is shining and the birds are singing, or in midwinter when your hair sticks out because it is frozen solid! This is an experience you will never forget. The outdoor pools include one larger pool (water temperature around 26 °C) and two jacuzzis (around 33 °C).
The fitness pool is the place for those who want a good workout. It measures 20 x 12 metres, and part of the pool is reserved for lap swimming only. This pool is also open during the morning swim. The temperature is around 23 °C.
There are two wading pools dedicated for small children, and the water temperature is around 31 °C. The pools have a small elephant slide and fun water-squirting creatures. For safety reasons, the depths of these pools are clearly indicated on the sides of the pools, just like in all the other pools as well.
The best place for all children and playful adults! 50 metres of this wild slide makes you want to laugh the whole way down! However, it might be best to laugh with your mouth shut…
The biggest Finnish sauna is located next to the showers. In addition, there is a separate, smaller sauna unit by the pools with an atmospheric log sauna and a steam room. It is a part of the Finnish sauna culture to go to the sauna naked, without your swimwear. If you feel uncomfortable, you can wrap yourself in a towel.