From $1,445 USD
October 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
Northern Lights tour in Iceland visits Akureyri and Lake Myvatn, one of the best places to view the Aurora Borealis, the wonders of the Icelandic winter.
Visit Iceland and experience the Northern Lights! Located just outside the Arctic Circle, Lake Myvatn is an ideal site to explore North Iceland's exotic beauty; volcanic craters, lava fields and mud pools. The evenings are filled with excitement to view the mystical show of Northern Lights dancing in the clear Arctic sky. Choose optional winter activities, cross-country skiing or snowmobiling; treat yourself to a swim at Myvatn Nature Baths.
October 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018
Daily, October 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 Closed out dates Dec 21 -24 & 29, 2017 and Mar 30 & Apr 1, 2018 No domestic flights on Dec 25, Jan 1 & Easter Sunday
- Oct 1 -31 & Dec 30, 2017 - Jan 1, 2018 from $1,465 per person in double room from $1,775 single room
- Nov 1 - Dec 29, 2017 & Jan 2 - Mar 31, 2018 from $1,445 per person in double room from $1,735 single room
- 2 nights at Hotel Reykjavik Natura (4 star) or similar
- 2 nights at Sel Hotel Myvatn or similar
- Breakfast buffet daily
- 2 x dinners in the countryside
- Round-trip flights Reykjavik-Akureyri-Reykjavik (excluding airport tax)
- Round-trip transfer Akureyri-Lake Myvatn-Akureyri
- Short sightseeing tour of the Lake Myvatn area
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare/airport taxes
- Airport tax for domestic flight (approx. USD 40 per person for return flight)
- Arrival & departure airport transfer to/from Keflavik Airport
- Airport transfer to/from Reykjavik Domestic Airport
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
- Optional excursions
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- This is a non-escorted tour; excursions and transfers are with guide.
- There is no minimum number of participants for this tour.
- No domestic flights on New Year's Day and Easter Sunday.
- Children rate: Children 2-11 years old sharing a room with 2 adults: 25% discount.
- Discount does not apply to airport taxes.
- Please inquire about our special air fares on Icelandair with direct flight from Seattle!
- Optional activities available at Lake Myvatn - depending on weather and road conditions,
- please see under "More info"
Day 1 ARRIVAL REYKJAVIK
Individual arrival in Reykjavik. Transfer on your own to hotel in Reykjavik. Check in at your hotel and get yourself comfortable for your overnight stay (airport transfer not included). Overnight in Reykjavik.
Reykjavik is an ideal city for a stylish Scandinavian getaway. The numerous art galleries and museums, as well as superb restaurants and cafés, are perfect to discover the city's unique culture and cuisine. There are abundant choices of optional tours available and it is easy to visit some of the well-known natural attraction in the country's south and west, such as the Golden Circle, the Blue Lagoon, glaciers, volcanoes, waterfalls and more.
Highlights: Reykjavik | National Museum | Hallgrimskirkja | Tjornin | Perlan
Airport transfer: Arrival via Blue Lagoon | | Horseback Riding - Lava Tour
Day 2 REYKJAVIK - AKUREYRI - LAKE MYVATN (B, D)
Wonders of Lake Myvatn area
Breakfast at your hotel. On your own, transfer to Reykjavik Domestic Airport (cabs plentiful). Morning flight to Akureyri, the Capital of the North.
You'll be met and transferred to your hotel in the Lake Myvatn area. During your drive to the hotel you'll get a short sightseeing tour of the Lake Myvatn area, renowned for its beauty and geological wonders. The Northern Lights might dance around tonight, so be sure to take a walk before going to sleep! Dinner and overnight at your hotel in the Lake Myvatn area.
Included: Short sightseeing tour of the Lake Myvatn area
Highlights: Myvatn | Dimmuborgir
Day 3 LAKE MYVATN - OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES (B, D)
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you can enjoy various optional leisure activities in the area. The Myvatn area has been gaining a reputation for its winter fun, including the possibility to enjoy activities on the frozen lake. Some tour ideas might include cross country skiing, snowmobiling, winter tours to Dettifoss Waterfall and even winter horseback riding.
It is ideal to end the evening with a tour to the Myvatn Nature Baths for late night relaxation in the geothermal lagoon. And, with luck, the Northern Lights will make an appearance! Dinner and overnight at hotel in Myvatn.
Day 4 AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK (B)
Breakfast at hotel. You'll be transferred to Akureyri. Visit the town of Akureyri, North Iceland's trade and cultural center, beautifully resting in a scenic fjord.
Flight back to Reykjavik. On your own, transfer to your hotel in Reykjavik. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 5 DEPARTURE REYKJAVIK (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. If your departure flight is in the afternoon, you might want to visit to one of the numerous museums or art galleries scattered around the city. Perhaps you'll stroll along the seaside paths, breathing in the pristine North Atlantic air. We recommend departing your hotel no later than three hours before your light.
On your own, transfer to Keflavik airport for international flight. Transfer not included, but we would be happy to arrange it for you. We can also assist you with extending your trip with hotel nights and tour add-ons.
Please note: The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings, therefore, cannot be guaranteed.
Highlights: Reykjavik | Laugardalur | Hofdi | Reykjavik City Museum | Kjarvalsstadir | National Museum | Reykjavik Art Museum
Optional: Airport transfer with Flybus Plus