Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Reindeer SafariFinland
From $1,075 USD
January 5 - April 23, 2017
4 Days / 3 Nights
Weekend break at Harriniva Holiday Center in Lapland. By snowmobiles in search of the magical Northern Lights, enjoy snowshoes, husky dogs and reindeer.
Join our weekend winter break at Harriniva Holiday Center in Finnish Lapland. By snowmobiles and snowshoes we head out at night in search of the magical Northern Lights - the Aurora Borealis dancing over the clear Arctic sky. Visit a local reindeer herder and his reindeer, learn how to throw the Lappish lasso and enjoy a short safari. Head to the top of a nearby fell by snowmobiles; you can either drive your own ski-doo or ride in guide's sled.
January 5 - April 23, 2017
January 5 - April 23, 2017 (Thursday-Sunday)
- Jan 5 - Jan 29, 2017 / March 30 - Apr 23,2017
- from $1,075 per person in double room
- Jan 30 - March 29,2017
- from $1,175 per person in double room
- $165 single room supplement
- $45 supplement for single snowmobile
- Transfers from / to Kittila airport / Hotel (for scheduled domestic flights)
- 3 nights accommodations Harriniva Hotel
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Full board, breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Hotel saunas daily between 5pm and 7pm (separately for men and women)
- Night snowmobile safari, 2 persons per snowmobile
- Husky safari 17 km, 2 persons per husky team
- Night snow-shoe trip
- Safari equipment
- Thermal clothing
- Husky Farm visit
- Visit to Reindeer Herder
- English speaking guide
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Domestic flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- Children: Reduction for children 4-12 years 40% when in the same room with 2 adults, with 1 adult 25%.
- This program is suitable for youth aged 12 years and over. Please note that children under 15 years cannot drive the snowmobile and small children cannot drive the husky team. They will be sitting in the guide's sledge during the safaris.
- Insurance for the snowmobile with own liability is of max 600 €. Please note that a valid driving license is required for driving a snowmobile.
- *Northern lights workshop available for guests arriving before 18:00. No alternative or refund is offered for those on later flights or flight delays.
- Additional nights in Harriniva or Helsinki
- Night in traditional Snow igloo
- Airfare Helsinki-Kittila-Helsinki, please request
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. Peter Line visa-free cruise, Helsinki-St. Petersburg-Helsinki
Day 1 ARRIVAL KITTILA (D)
Arrival to Kittila airport, transfer (only for scheduled domestic flights) to Muonio Harriniva Holiday Centre. Accommodation in cozy double rooms with shower and toilet. Dinner in the restaurant followed by a Northern lights workshop, your introduction into the Northern lights.
Day 2 REINDEER HERDER - NORTHERN LIGHTS SAFARI (B, L, D)
Meet the Reindeer and Snowmobile to wilderness
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Today we will visit a local reindeer herder and his reindeer and learn about the life of the reindeer. Reindeer herders will show you how to throw the Lappish lasso and you will also enjoy a short safari during the program. Lunch is served in a small Lappish kota. In the afternoon join us in the kota to cook pancakes over open fire. Meet with your local guide who will give you information about the hotel, activities and the phenomenon of the Northern Lights. After dinner we head out on our first evening excursion, the chances of seeing the famous Aurora Borealis are great on this night safari by snowmobiles. The approximately 20km/12mi tour takes you to the top of a nearby fell, where you will enjoy some warm drinks and feel how the sky is closer and stars brighter…
Day 3 HUSKY SAFARI - SNOW SHOEING - AURORA (B, L, D)
Hug the Huskies and slip on the Snowshoes
After breakfast you will meet with your guide and our happy huskies - there are over 400 husky dogs in our husky farm. After the guided tour in husky farm and driving and safety instructions you will start the safari. The driving distance is ca. 17 km. After safari lunch is served in the hotel. This afternoon is free to explore the local area or book an excursion. After dinner you will pack your snowshoes and head out with our guide to try and locate the northern lights. After finding the perfect spot with a view to north you can relax enjoying some warm drinks before returning to the hotel.
* Alternatively upgrade your last evening to one of our exciting overnight options! See details below.
**Alternatively upgrade your last evening to one of our exciting overnight options:
Saturday night extra optional upgrades:
Option 1: Exchange your Northern Lights snow shoes for a night in an igloo. After dinner transfer to our winter village were you will spend a night in a snow igloo. Transfers, warm drink, sleeping bag and breakfast in the morning included. Supplement per person - Free of charge. Please note you will check out of your hotel room on Saturday.
Option 2: Northern Lights wilderness cabin experience. One of the best ways to see the Northern Lights is to head to the wilderness with minimal light pollution and this is where we head this evening. Your local guide will transport you to a wilderness cabin where a local dinner will be prepared in the cabin. There will be a chance to experience a true Finnish wood burning sauna before night closes in. Snowshoes will be available as we lay in wait for those elusive lights. Overnight in the wilderness cabin. Breakfast will be prepared by the local guided before returning to Harriniva in the morning. Supplement per person - $150 per person.
Day 4 DEPARTURE KITTILA (B)
After the breakfast check-out and transfer to Kittila airport for your return flight.
This is an example program. The order of the program is subject to change.
Option to extend your stay and enjoy more exciting excursions/activities.