From $1,045 USD
January 1 - December 31, 2018
4 Days / 3 Nights
Norway in a Nutshell tour, train travel Oslo to Bergen, ride the Flåm Railway Myrdal to Flåm, cruise the Nærøyfjord. Hotel stay in Oslo, Flåm and Bergen.
Our unique Norway in a Nutshell tour takes you through some of the most picturesque scenery in the fjord region of Norway. By train from Oslo to Bergen, in Myrdal change to the famous Flåm Railway descending to the village of Flåm. Cruise the Aurland and Nærøyfjord, sidearm of the Sognefjord. Continue by bus up the steep hairpin turns of the Stalheim Canyon Road with breathtaking views en route to Voss and Bergen. Overnight in Oslo, Flåm and Bergen.
January 1 - December 31, 2018
Daily, all year 2018
- from $1045 per person in double room
- from $1,245 single room
- 3 nights hotel accommodations
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x Buffet dinner, Fretheim Hotel
- Train, Oslo - Myrdal
- Seat reservation in 2nd class (not available in 1st class)
- Flåm Railway, Myrdal - Flåm
- 3-hour cruise on Aurland, Nærøy & Sognefjord
- Bus, Gudvangen - Voss
- Train, Voss - Bergen
- Taxes & services
- Airfare and airport taxes and customs fees
- Personal insurance / personal items
- Alcoholic beverages
- $25 Service fee
- The services are based on public transportation and are on an individual basis. Hotels subject to availability.
- No tour leader is provided, this is a non-escorted tour.
- During winter the Heimly Pensionat is used from December 12 - February 1
- Fretheim Hotel is closed during this time.
- Reversed itinerary from Bergen to Oslo
- Additional nights in Bergen and/or Oslo
- Flaggruten Cruise, Bergen - Stavanger
Day 1 OSLO
Individual arrival in Oslo. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at the Opera Hotel, ideally located in the city center next to the Central Train Station, with easy access to the Bergen train the next morning.
Thon Hotel Opera ****+
Day 2 OSLO - FLÅM RAILWAY - FLÅM (B, D)
Breakfast at the hotel (please request an early breakfast). Early morning departure on the scenic Bergen Railway through the Hallingdal Valley, via Geilo and across a mountain plateau to Myrdal. Ride the famous Flåm Railway, descending 2,840 feet in 12 miles, into the wild Flåm Valley, passing spectacular scenery of waterfalls, mountain cliffs, tiny settlements and farms. Upon arrival in Flåm your afternoon is at leisure. Check in at the beautiful Fretheim Hotel located across from the Railway Station. This evening enjoy a delicious buffet dinner at the hotel. Overnight at the Fretheim Hotel.
Fretheim Hotel ****
Day 3 FLÅM - VOSS - BERGEN (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure. Flåm is the beginning of an unforgettable 2-hour boat journey along the Aurlandsfjord and Nærøyfjord. Pass the fjord villages of Aurland and Undredal with Scandinavia's smallest Stave church, dating from 1147. Shortly after the Stigen mountain farm the boat will turn into the Nærøyfjord, the narrowest, most dramatic, and yet the most beautiful of the secondary fjords to the Sognefjord. Picturesque farms and villages are nestled along the steep mountainsides, reaching peaks up to 4500 ft. The cruise ends in Gudvangen. Continue with a 1-hour bus ride up the narrow Nærøy Valley, across the steep hairpin bends of the Stalheim Canyon Road, descending to the fjord village of Voss. Here you reconnect with the Bergenbanen arriving from Oslo and Myrdal, continuing to Bergen. A short train ride brings you to the colorful Hanseatic city of Bergen.
Day 4 BERGEN (B)
Enjoy a breakfast buffet before checkout. End of program.
Option: Extend your stay in Bergen, additional sightseeing.