Pearls of the Baltics, an escorted 8-days tour to the bustling Scandinavian capitals of Stockholm and Helsinki, both surrounded by beautiful archipelagos. Cruise on Silja Line across the Baltic Sea; journey by high-speed Allegro train from Helsinki to historic St. Petersburg. Experience history and legacies of the czars, view masterpieces in the Hermitage Art Museum, marvel at Palaces, Cathedrals and Peterhof's Grand Palace with Gardens.
July 31 - August 7, 2018
Guaranteed departure 2018:
- from $3,375 per person in double
- from $4,250 single room
- 7 nights Stockholm - St. Petersburg
- 6 nights accommodation in centrally located first class hotels
- All rooms with private facilities
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- Daily 3-course dinner or buffet dinner (except on second day in Stockholm)
- 1 x Lunch box on train Helsinki - St. Petersburg
- 4 hours guided tour of Stockholm
- 3 hours guided tour of Helsinki
- Overnight cruise Silja Line, Stockholm - Helsinki
- 2-berth Seaside cabin with shower/toilet
- Dinner and buffet breakfast on board
- All entrance fees as per itinerary
- Dinner and buffet breakfast on board
- Allegro Train Helsinki - St. Petersburg
- Coach transfers between hotels and railway station
- 3 hours city tour of St. Petersburg
- Visit to Peter & Paul Fortress, St. Isaac's Cathedral
- Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace
- Pushkin, Catherine's Palace
- Excursion to Peterhof
- Lower Parks and Grand Palace
- All entrance fees
- Hydrofoil Peterhof - St. Petersburg
- 1 hour guided Canal tour
- Folklore show at Nikolaevsky Palace
- Snacks during intermission
- Dinner at local restaurant
- Transportation by modern deluxe coach with reclining seats and seat belts
- English-speaking tour escort throughout
- Luggage handling at all hotels while with the group
- Transfers airport/hotel on first and last days of tour*
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Russian Visa fee
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- *Transfers to/from a different airport than the one mentioned in the tour program may incur a supplement.
Day 1 ARRIVAL STOCKHOLM (D)
Arrive Stockholm Arlanda Airport. Transfer to hotel in connection with your flight arrival. Dinner and accommodation at the Clarion Hotel Sign, first class hotel centrally located. Your tour escort will meet you at 19.45 hrs (before dinner) in the hotel lobby.
Clarion Hotel Sign
Day 2 STOCKHOLM (B)
Breakfast at the hotel and start of 4 hours guided tour of the city. Famous sights include the Royal Palace, Parliament Buildings, Cathedral, Royal Theatre, etc. You will also visit the enchanting Old Town (Gamla Stan) with its narrow cobbled streets and numerous antique shops. Highlight of the tour is a visit to City Hall with its famous Blue and Golden Halls, where the Nobel Prize banquet is held each year. Afternoon free in Stockholm, with possibility to visit the famous Vasa Museum or take one of the popular canal tours.
Clarion Hotel Sign
Day 3 STOCKHOLM - HELSINKI (B, D)
Morning free in Stockholm. Afternoon transfer from hotel to pier, for embarkation on a delightful overnight cruise from Stockholm. Sail slowly through the lovely archipelago past numerous small islands while enjoying your dinner on board. Accommodation in 2-berth outside cabins with private facilities.
We recommend bringing an overnight bag for this cruise, to avoid having to carry suitcases to and from the cabin.
Onboard Silja Line, 2-berth seaside cabin
Day 4 HELSINKI (B, D)
Enjoy your buffet breakfast as you sail into Helsinki. After disembarkation 3 hours guided tour of Helsinki. Famous sights include the Senate Square, Uspenski Cathedral, Parliament House, Finlandia Hall, Sibelius Park & Monument, Underground Temple, and much more.
During the afternoon you can explore the busy market place or the many souvenir shops close to the harbour. Finnish crystal and leather goods are an excellent buy. Dinner and accommodation at the Haven Hotel, a first-class hotel conveniently located in the center of Helsinki.
Day 5 HELSINKI - ST. PETERSBURG (B, L, D)
Breakfast followed by transfer by coach from hotel to Railway station. Departure from Helsinki on train "Allegro" for St. Petersburg. Lunch box on train.
Arrival in St. Petersburg. Coach transfer from Railway station to hotel combined with 1 hour's guided boat cruise along the Neva River and visit at St. Isaac's Cathedral.
Welcome dinner including shot of vodka and 1 glass wine, and accommodation at Ambassador Baltic Club Hotel, a four star hotel located in the city center, near the famous Mariinsky Theatre.
Day 6 ST. PETERSBURG (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast at hotel. The day begins with a transfer to Neva River cruise harbor for cruise by hydrofoil to Peterhof, including Grand Palace and Lower Parks with fountains. Lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, tour of the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum and the State Rooms of the Winter Palace. Return to hotel. Dinner and accommodation at Ambassador Hotel.
Day 7 ST. PETERSBURG (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast at hotel and transfer to town of Pushkin followed by a visit to Catherine's Palace, including the famous Amber room. Lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch 3 hours tour of the city by coach with local English speaking guide. St. Petersburg is a city of outstanding architectural beauty, famous for its magnificent palaces, cathedrals, fountains and bridges. The tour includes sights as the Square of Arts, the Russian Museum, the Cathedral of Our Saviour on the Spilt Blood, Griboedov canal, Nevsky prospect, the Palace Square with the Winter Palace, the spit of the Basil's Island, the Menshikov Palace, the Senate Square, and the Bronze Horseman. A visit will be paid to Peter & Paul Fortress.
This evening you will be taken to see a colorful Russian Folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace, with snacks during the intermission. Dinner at the Dostoevsky Restaurant or similar. Accommodation at Ambassador Hotel.
Day 8 ST. PETERSBURG DEPARTURE (B)
Your tour ends after breakfast at the hotel with transfers to St. Petersburg Airport to connect with homeward flights.