Santa Claus Holiday, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Reindeer SafariFinland
From $2,275 USD
December 22 - 26, 2018
5 Days / 4 Nights
Christmas holidays in Rovaniemi, Lapland in Finnish tradition, meet Santa at Santa Village, enjoy reindeer, snowmobiles, husky sledding or snow shoeing.
Experience the spirit of Christmas in enchanting Lapland, at the Arctic Circle. Our Christmas Adventure with Santa brings you to Rovaniemi, the heart of Finnish Lapland, and center of Sami life and culture. Celebrate Christmas holidays in pristine, snow-covered scenery and magical winter twilight; enjoy sleigh rides, reindeer and husky dogs. See your children's eyes sparkle with excitement, as they meet the real Santa Claus, his elves and reindeer.
December 22 - 26, 2018 or December 23 - 27, 2018
December 22 - December 26, 2018 or December 23 - December 27, 2018
- Scandic Hotel Rovaniemi
- from $2,475 per person in double twin room
- from $1,445 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults
- Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi
- from $2,275 per person in double, standard twin room, Dec 22-26
- from $2,455 per person in double, standard twin room, Dec 23-27
- from $1,875 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults, Dec 22-26
- from $2,085 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults, Dec 23-27
- Hotel Santa Claus
- from $2,775 per person in double, standard twin room
- from $2,875 per person in double, superior twin room
- from $2,255 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults
- Private airport transfers from /to Rovaniemi airport
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation with private facilities
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Total 4 dinners:
- 2 x half board dinners &
- Christmas Dinners: 24.12. time: 21.00 + 1 glass of wine or soft drink
- 25.12 time: 21.00 + 1 glass of wine or soft drink
- 24.12. Visit of Santa Claus in hotels restaurant
- 3 x Excursions as per itinerary
- Outfit for stay
- Sauna daily (and swimming pool at Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi)
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights to/from Rovaniemi
- Additional optional excursions
- Meals other than mentioned in program
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Subject to availability - Early Booking is recommended!
- Programs, meal times and Christmas Dinners times may vary depending on your choice of hotel.
- Please verify dinner, breakfasts and hotel's program times from reception upon arrival.
- Note! 1 present / person can be left at the reception for Santa to deliver December 24
- Auroras are Nature phenomena and we can't guarantee that you see Auroras during your stay
- Extra nights include accommodation, breakfast, Half board (breakfast & dinner), and sauna daily
- Excursion days depend on arrival date.
- Upgrade to Superior rooms
- Additional nights Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Additional activities
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink ferry, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine visa-free cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg - Helsinki
- St. Peter Line cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI - SANTA VILLAGE (L, D)
Program for Hotel Santa Claus
Sunday, December 23
Individual arrival at Rovaniemi. At the reception the Christmas hostess will give information concerning Christmas. Last minute shopping can be done in the center of town at many of its stores and shops. Evening Saunas, (swim at Hotel Rantasipi Pohjanhovi) is from 5 to 10 p.m.
10:00 - 16:00 BY SNOWMOBILES TO REINDEER FARM AND SANTA VILLAGE + LUNCH, 6 hours*
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas. The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus' Village.
You will also have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. And you will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle! Please note! Due to the track/ weather conditions in December, for safety reasons transfers to and from farms may be done by car.
Snowmobiles will be ridden as part of the program. 2 persons per snowmobile. Children travel in a sledge.
Duration: 6 hours
Client can also choose longer snowmobile safari without Reindeer farm and Santa village, if wished. This change is possible according to excursions operation dates.
In the evening half board buffet dinner served in the main restaurant from 19:00 - 21:00. Menu decided by the kitchen.
Overnight at Hotel Santa Claus
*All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English, each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel, traffic insurance
Note: Self liability can be reduced to € 150 by paying waiver supplement € 15 per driver per safari.
Solo driving possibility, cost varies depending on the safari, between 1-4 h € 50/per person and 4- h € 90/per person
Day 2 HUSKY SAFARI - CHRISTMAS EVE (B, D)
Monday, December 24
The breakfast is served in the Gaissa restaurant from 8:00 to 11:00.
09:15 - 11:45 HUSKY SAFARI 10 km husky safari, morning departure
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours including transfers
16:00 - 17:30 In the afternoon children (as well as adults) will learn how to bake traditional gingerbread cookies. The children have the opportunity to decorate the hotels Christmas tree. Juice and gingerbread cookies are served at the same time. There will be a small Christmas present in the room for guests. Afternoon sauna and swim is from 14::00 to 22:00.
18.00 Santa Claus will visit the hotel in the evening. Small gift for children on the house and max one gift/child from the family.
19:00 - 22:00 Traditional Finnish Christmas Gala buffet dinner, including 1 glass of house wine or beer or soft drink per person, served in the main restaurant (Dinner time of the group will be advised on the arrival day).
Day 3 CHRISTMAS DAY - AURORA SAFARI (B, D)
Tuesday, December 25
The breakfast is served in the Gaissa restaurant from 8:00 to 11:00.
Day at leisure for optional excursions.
21:00 Christmas Gala buffet dinner, 1 glass of house wine or beer or soft drink per person included (Dinner time of the group will be advised on the arrival day).
Day 4 DAY AT LEISURE (B, D)
Wednesday, December 26
Scandinavian buffet breakfast in Gaissa restaurant 08:00 to 11:00.
This day is free for you to experience some of the exciting optional excursions. Maybe enjoy an Ice fishing safari to a wilderness lake by snowmobile.
In the evening half board dinner. Evening sauna.
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY BUS 21:00 - 01:00 or 21:30-24:00
By bus to Aurora Venue, if you are lucky you can see Auroras. Remember to take your camera with you.
We reach the best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient the aurora loves playing hide-and seek; we never know if or when they can show up! Snack included.
Program duration 21:00-01:00 or 21:30-24:00
Day 5 DEPARTURE ROVANIEMI (B)
Thursday, December 27
8:00 - 11:00 Scandinavian buffet breakfast in Gaissa restaurant.
After breakfast transfer by private car with driver from hotel to Rovaniemi airport for your flight home.
Check inn earliest from 15.00
Check out on departure day: latest at 11:00; complimentary luggage storage.
Excursion days depend on arrival date.
This is a sample itinerary, actual times and excursion days to be determined by the hotel.