Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $1,345 USD
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, by the Arctic Circle. Hunt for Northern Lights by snowmobile, enjoy a husky safari and traditional ice fishing ice-fishing.
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, situated close to magical Arctic Circle, is the perfect setting for exciting winter holidays. Start your adventure by snowmobile in search of the mystical Northern Lights. Take a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Cross the Arctic Circle on your visit to Santa Claus Village, where you meet Santa and elves. Explore a husky ranch and learn to drive your team of huskies.
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
Daily, December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
except December 22, 2018 - January 6, 2019
- from $1,495 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $1,425 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,375 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,345 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $635 child 4-12 years, with 2 adults, in extra bed
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi
- 4 nights Scandic Hotel or Scandic Pohjanhovi, standard room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Daily sauna (swim at Scandic Pohjanhovi)
- Aurora Borealis Safari by Snowmobiles (2 per snowmobile)
- Child travel in sledge pulled by snowmobile, driven by the guide
- Husky Safari by car
- Fishing Experience by Snowmobile, 2 per snowmobile
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for stay- pickup / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- This is a non-escorted, partially guided tour. Excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence.
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended. Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Scandic Hotel or Scandic Pohjanhovi according to your flight.
Accommodation: SCANDIC HOTEL Standard room – 4 nights
Newly renovated 2018 Scandic hotel is situated in the middle of Rovaniemi city, close to new shopping center. Hotel has international atmosphere. Non smoking hotel, 178 rooms, Free WIFI, evening sauna, Breakfast included.
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar | movie channels | color TV | iron and board | safety box | wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
Day 2 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS (B)
Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel. You can keep your outfit while your stay here in Rovaniemi.
AURORA BOREALIS SAFARI BY SNOWMOBILES, 18:00 - 21:00
Experience the Arctic night by driving through the snow-covered forest and on the frozen river. With a little luck, you'll travel under a bright sky lit by the moon and the stars. Perhaps the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights – will appear to show you the way. Sip warm beverages and savor a snack by a campfire and learn more about the Northern Lights and Lapland.
Duration: 3 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
FISHING EXPERIENCE BY SNOWMOBILE, 09:30-13:00
Ice fishing safari to a wilderness lake. Head north on a snowmobile trail that takes you along the frozen River Ounasjoki and through snowy forests up into the hills, where you can admire the beautiful surrounding countryside of Lapland. Follow the trail through white, snow-covered fields to arrive at a small wilderness lake. The silence will envelop you as you prepare to go fishing. Try your hand at traditional ice fishing and fry your catch over a campfire. Afterwards, return to town for a well-earned rest.
Duration: 3,5 hours
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Drop off safari outfit to safari office. Private transfer from hotel to Rovaniemi airport according to your flight.