Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $2,315 USD
December 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
5 Days / 4 Nights
Explore Rovaniemi, capital of Lapland. Guided excursions, search for Northern Lights, visit Santa Claus Village, enjoy reindeer farm and husky safari.
Rovaniemi, Capital of Lapland, situated close to magical Arctic Circle, is the perfect setting for exciting winter holidays. Start your adventure by snowmobile to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Cross the Arctic Circle on your visit to Santa Claus Village, meet Santa and elves. Explore a husky ranch, drive your own sled, dip yourself into a frozen lake under the Auroras and search for the mystical Northern Lights.
December 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
Daily, December 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
except December 20, 2019 - January 3, 2020
- Scandic Rovaniemi City Hotel
- from $2,625 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,415 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $2,350 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,315 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $1,190 Children 4-12 years in extra bed
- Santas Hotel Santa Claus
- from $2,755 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,570 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $2,460 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $2,430 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $1,270 Children 4-12 years in extra bed
- Private airport transfers to/from Rovaniemi
- 3 nights accommodation in Scandic City Rovaniemi, standard room, or Santas Hotel Santa Claus, superior room
- 1 night glass Igloos twin at Arctic Snow Hotel
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Daily sauna
- Lappish Dinner – Rovaniemi Set Menu
- Log restaurant or Ice restaurant dinner
- Santa Village & Reindeer by snowmobile (2 per snowmobile)
- Child travel in sledge pulled by snowmobile, driven by the guide
- Aurora Borealis program
- Husky Safari by car, 10 km husky safari
- Aurora floating with high quality rescue suit
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Outfit for stay- pickup / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- This is a non-escorted, partially guided tour. Excursions are with guide.
- Aurora Borealis, Northern Lights are natural phenomena caused by solar wind and they cannot be guaranteed or predicted.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. We reserve the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence.
- The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended. Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded.
- Programs, especially snowshoe, skiing, snowmobile, husky and reindeer excursions can be physically demanding and participants may be exposed to different kinds of physical strain, vibration or carbon monoxide (in case of snowmobiling). Therefore, in order to avoid any complications and to guarantee the safety of all participants, we do not recommend husky, reindeer and snowmobile programs to pregnant women.
- Program is not suitable for very small children.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI
Private transfer from Rovaniemi airport to Scandic Hotel according to your flight. On the way pick up outfit for stay (arrival before 17:00)
SCANDIC ROVANIEMI CITY Standard room, 3 nights
Newly renovated 2018 hotel is situated in the center of Rovaniemi city, close to shops and restaurants. Hotel has international atmosphere,
Non- smoking hotel, Free WIFI, evening sauna.
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar, movie channels, color TV, iron and board, safety box, wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
SANTAS HOTEL SANTA CLAUS Superior room, 3 nights
Hotel is situated in Lord square in city center, four-star hotel.
At the hotel is 168 well-equipped, spacious rooms, most of the rooms are with a fantastic room height of 3,5 meters.
Room facilities: Pay TV, Mini Bar, Internet access for your laptop - Safety box, Adjustable heating, Air-conditioning, An electric kettle, Ironing board - Trouser press, Bathtub and shower, Hair dryer.
Day 2 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS (B)
Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel, you can keep your outfit while your stay here in Rovaniemi.
SANTA CLAUS & REINDEER FARM BY SNOWMOBILES – LUNCH INCLUDED, 10:00 – 16:00
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village.
Send postcards from Santa Claus main post office and meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant, Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle is included! Duration: 6 hours
AURORA BOREALIS SEEKING BY COACH, 21:00-01:00
After stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere, we walk down to a river experiencing the surrounding sleeping nature. Reaching the best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient as the auroras love playing hide-and-seek; we never know if or when they will show up!
While enjoying the peace of nature we fry sausages surrounded by the great aroma of the fire.
Before returning to civilization, we drop by a cozy old building where the hosts warmly welcome us and show us their dwelling, which takes us into the past. Transfer to the wilderness and back by car (50 km one way).
Duration 4 hours, included transfers.
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15–11:45
After a short drive from town, we ll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration with transfers: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1h15min)
AURORA ICE FLOATING PROGRAM, 18:30-21:30
Dip yourself into frozen lake under the Auroras and let your mind flow. This guided floating is totally safe with a high quality rescue suit that covers your whole body and keeps you dry. As you have your own clothing under the suit you will not get cold even in the open 0 degree water. Truly Arctic experience When weather is clear you can see beautiful stars and may even get to marvel magnificent Northern Lights.
Duration: 3 hours Minimum height for the floating is 120 cm
One evening dinner at LAPPISH restaurant Rovaniemi Menu (set up menu – inform about allergies)
MENU: Chefs in Rovaniemi create at least twice a year a special 4-course Rovaniemi menu to honor their home town. Menu creation is based on locality and seasonal changes.
Day 4 GLASS IGLOOS (B, D)
The igloos - All sky vision in complete comfort private, comfortable and spacious (20 m2) warmly insulated, all-sky thermal-glass roofs, heated floors, adjustable twin beds a bathroom with shower cabinet.
Be alarmed for Aurora Borealis! Switch the alarm button on in your glass igloo and you will be alarmed in the middle of the night if there is Aurora Borealis dancing in the sky.
Traditional Finnish sauna is included in the accommodation price (in common use) daily for women at 21:00-22:00 and men at 22:00-23:00.
Dinner at Log OR Ice restaurant included (Ice restaurant from Jan 5, 2020).
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Drop off safari outfit to safari office. Private transfer from hotel to Rovaniemi airport according to your flight.