Santa Claus Holiday, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $1,945 USD
December 28 - January 3, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
New Years holidays in Rovaniemi, Lapland, celebrate in Finnish tradition, visit Santa Village, enjoy reindeer, snowmobiles, husky sledding or snow shoeing.
Experience the spirit of New Years in enchanting Lapland, at the Arctic Circle. Our Winter adventure with Santa brings you to Rovaniemi, the heart of Finnish Lapland, and center of Sami life and culture. Celebrate New Years in pristine, snow-covered scenery and magical winter twilight; enjoy sleigh rides, reindeer, husky and snowmobile safari. See your children's eyes sparkle with excitement, as they meet the real Santa Claus, his elves and reindeer.
December 28 - January 3, 2019
December 28 - January 3, 2019
- Scandic Hotel Rovaniemi
- from $2,095 per person in double twin room
- from $1,175 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults
- from $775 Child 3 - 12 years, extra bed with 2 adults
- Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi
- from $1,945 per person in double, standard twin room
- from $1,495 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults
- from $975 Child 4 - 14 years, extra bed with 2 adults
- Hotel Santa Claus
- from $2,345 per person in double, standard twin room
- from $2,399 per person in double, superior twin room
- from $1,865 3rd adult, extra bed with 2 adults
- from $1,175 Child 3 - 12 years, extra bed with 2 adults
- Private airport transfers from /to Rovaniemi airport
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation with private facilities
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Total 4 dinners:
- 3 x half board dinners
- New Years dinner 21.00 + 1 glass of wine or soft drink
- Visit of Santa Claus 20.00 hotels
- 3 x Excursions as per itinerary
- Outfit for stay - pick up/drop off at Safari office
- Sauna daily (and swimming pool at Scandic Hotel Pohjanhovi)
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights to/from Rovaniemi
- Additional optional excursions
- Meals other than mentioned in program
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Subject to availability - Early Booking is recommended!
- Programs, meal times and dinner times may vary depending on your choice of hotel.
- Please verify dinner, breakfasts and hotel's program times from reception upon arrival.
- Note! 1 present / person can be left at the reception for Santa to deliver
- Auroras are Nature phenomena and we can't guarantee that you see Auroras during your stay
- Extra nights include accommodation, breakfast, Half board (breakfast & dinner), and sauna daily
- Excursion days depend on arrival date.
- Upgrade to Superior rooms
- Additional nights Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Additional activities
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink ferry, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine visa-free cruise, Helsinki or Stockholm to St. Petersburg
Day 1 ARRIVAL ROVANIEMI (D)
Individual arrival at Rovaniemi. At the reception the New Years hostess will give information concerning New Years. Evening Saunas, (swim at Hotel Rantasipi Pohjanhovi) is from 5 to 10 p.m. Dinner and overnight at your selected hotel.
Day 1 - 4 ROVANIEMI - EXCURSIONS - NEW YEARS EVE (B, D)
REINDEER SAFARI TO SANTA’S VILLAGE (O9:30 – 13:30)
Lapland is well-known for Santa Claus and his reindeer. What a great way to see both by joining us for a reindeer safari to the Santa Claus Village! Sitting in the sleigh pulled by the reindeer you’ll make the way from the Reindeer Farm to Santa’s Village along the snowy trails of the wintry forest. In the village you’ll have some free time to meet Santa in his office, send postcards from the Santa Claus Main Post Office and explore handicraft, design and souvenir shops. Awarded a Reindeer Driving Licence and a Diploma for Crossing the Arctic Circle, you will not forget this experience. Transfers are done by car.
Duration: 4 hours including transfers (reindeer ride approx. 30 minutes)
HUSKY SAFARIS 3 KM FAMILIES
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, you’ll arrive at a husky farm, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds. Once you return to the farm, enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat away with the head musher about these amazing northern animals.
3km Family safari with huskies (o11:15-13:00)
Duration: 1h 45mins including transfers (husky drive approx. 20min)
SNOWMOBILE SAFARIS TO WILDERNESS
The best way to get to the heart of nature – and back. During this fun safari, you’ll learn how to drive a snowmobile along frozen rivers and through snow covered forests. Enjoy the beautiful views of the river valley from the hilltops. A break with hot beverages will keep your motor running.
Duration: 2 hours (14:30 - 16:30)
In the evening half board buffet dinner served in the main restaurant from 19:00 - 21:00. Menu decided by the kitchen. Overnight at selected hotel.
*All snowmobile safaris include thermal outfit, guide services in English, each snowmobile shared by two guests taking turns in driving, fuel, traffic insurance
NEW YEARS EVE December 31, 2018
New Year’s Eve Dinner (program example for Hotel Santa Claus)
Santa Claus will visit the hotel in the evening, small gift for children from the Hotel and max one gift/child from the family (reasonable size gift)
New Year’s Eve Gala buffet dinner included
An aperitif and 1 glass of house wine or beer or soft drink per person
Dinner time will be advised on the arrival day
Day 5 DEPARTURE ROVANIEMI (B)
Scandinavian buffet breakfast. After breakfast private transfer from hotel to Rovaniemi airport for your flight home.
Check inn earliest from 15.00
Check out on departure day: latest at 11:00; complimentary luggage storage.
Excursion days depend on arrival date.
This is a sample itinerary, actual times and excursion days to be determined by the hotel.