Santa Claus Holiday, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, Reindeer Safari, and Snowmobile SafariFinland
From $1,835 USD
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
5 Days / 4 Nights
Rovaniemi winter fun at Arctic Circle, home of Santa Claus Village. 3 nights at hotel in city center, 1 night at the Arctic SnowHotel, optional excursions.
Rovaniemi is the Capital of Lapland, a lively and unique city, close to magical Arctic Circle, known as Santa's hometown. Start your adventure by snowmobile to a reindeer farm; learn about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. Attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. Meet Santa at Santa Claus Village; send Christmas greetings from Santa's Main Post Office. Enjoy reindeer, huskies and search the Arctic sky for Northern Lights.
December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019
Daily December 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019 except December 22, 2018 - January 7, 2019
- from $2,295 per person in twin/double room, based on 2 persons
- from $2,025 per person in twin/double room, based on 4 persons
- from $1,855 per person in twin/double room, based on 6 persons
- from $1,835 per person in twin/double room, based on 8 persons
- from $990 child 4-12 in extra bed with 2 adults
- Private airport transfers in Rovaniemi airport/Hotel - Arctic SnowHotel/Rovaniemi airport
- 3 nights Scandic Hotel, standard twin room
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Use of sauna daily
- 1 night accommodation in Arctic SnowHotel in
- Glass Igloo including breakfast and dinner
- Aurora alarm
- Santa Claus Safari, 2 per snowmobile, taking turns in driving
- including snowmobile safari to reindeer farm
- Child in a sledge pulled by snowmobile
- Lunch during Santa Claus Safari
- Husky Safari with transfer by car, 2.5 hours
- Husky ride approx. 1 hour
- Hot berry juice by open fire during excursion
- Seeking Auroras evening program
- Lappish restaurant dinner NILI
- Necessary equipment and guide services during safaris
- Guidance during excursions
- Partially guided tour
- Outfit for your stay – Pick up / drop off safari office
- Tax and service fees
- International airfare & Airport taxes
- Flights Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Helsinki, please request
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- Minimum of 2 participants required.
- This is a partially guided tour- excursions are with guide.
- Snowmobile safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. The tour operator reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior notice.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver's licence. The driver of the snowmobile is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. Self-risk amount is max € 980 person/snowmobile/accident case.
- Personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Pre-paid safaris will not be refunded or changed to another day if no-show.
- Pregnant women should not use the snowmobile or the sledge pulled by the snowmobile as the vibrations and exhaust fumes may be harmful.
- Additional nights in Rovaniemi and/or Helsinki
- Optional excursions
- Silja Line Cruise, Helsinki - Stockholm
- Tallink cruise, Helsinki - Tallinn
- St. PeterLine cruise, Helsinki - St. Petersburg, visa free
Day 1 ARRIVAL IN ROVANIEMI
Individual arrival to Rovaniemi, private airport transfer to your hotel. Overnight at Scandic Hotel in standard twin room, 3 nights.
Newly renovated 2018 Scandic hotel is situated in the middle of Rovaniemi city, close to new shopping center. Hotel has international atmosphere. Non smoking hotel, 178 rooms, Free WIFI, evening sauna, Breakfast included.
Room facilities Standard rooms: minibar | movie channels | color TV | iron and board | safety box | wireless internet access.
Other: restaurant Atrium and A La Carte dining restaurant, guest sauna x 2 and for extra fee private sauna.
Day 1 - 3 ROVANIEMI - SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE - EXCURSIONS (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Meeting point at safari club house. Short walk from your hotel (50m).
You can keep your safari outfit while your holiday here in Lapland - drop off to safari office Day 5.
SANTA CLAUS SAFARI, 10:00 - 16:00
Very popular safari combines nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas. The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle.
In the afternoon the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping in Santa Claus Village. You will have an opportunity to send postcards from Santa Claus' main post office. During the day you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cozy restaurant. You will get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle!
Duration: 6 hours
HUSKY SAFARI, 09:15 - 11:45
Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we'll arrive at a husky ranch, where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you.
Before departing on the safari, you will be given instruction on how to control the sleds, which you will ride in pairs. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
Duration: 2,5 hours (husky ride approx. 1 hour)
SEEKING AURORAS, 21:00 – 01:00
Arctic evening in search of the Northern Lights. After stepping out of the car in the middle of nowhere, we walk down to a river experiencing the surrounding sleeping nature. We reach the
best spot to see the northern sky, but be patient as the auroras love playing hide-and-seek; we never know if or when they will show up! While enjoying the peace of nature we fry sausages surrounded by the great aroma of the fire. Before returning to civilization, we drop by a cozy old building. The hosts warmly welcome us and show us their dwelling, which takes us into the past. This relaxing escape will definitely satisfy all our senses. Transfer to the wilderness and back by car (50 km one way).
Duration: 4 hours
EVENING DINNER AT LAPPISH RESTAURANT NILI
NILI Lappish Restaurant situated in the center of the city, short walk from your hotel. The furnishings are genuine Lappish handicraft and materials such as Lappish wood, reindeer horns and reindeer leather feature strongly in the design.
A visit to restaurant Nili is a combination of tastes, scents and atmosphere. In the restaurant you can watch skilled and cheerful staff at work through the open kitchen shutters.
Cornerstones are pure Lappish and Finnish ingredients and the food is prepared with heart and soul from start to finish.
Rovaniemi menu Chefs in Rovaniemi create at least twice a year a special 4 course Rovaniemi- menu to honor their home town. The key issues for the menu creation are locality and seasonal changes. including coffee/tea
*One evening is dinner at RESTAURANT NILI
Back to the hotel for sauna and relaxation. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 DAY AT LEISURE - ARCTIC SNOWHOTEL (B, D)
Free day of explore to Rovaniemi and go shopping.
In the evening, private transfer Arctic Snow Hotel.
Accommodation – Twin room – 1 night
ARCTIC SNOW HOTEL OVERNIGHT GLASS IGLOOS
The Arctic Snow Hotel is an entire world of snow, an experience destination that provides an exotic possibility to spend the night sheltered by snow. In placid Lappish nature you can experience Arctic specialties, such as the Snow Restaurant. Snow Hotel is situated approx. 30 km from Rovaniemi city center.
GLASS IGLOOS Overnight in Glass Igloos 2 person per Igloo or Family Igloos from 4 persons.
When sky is clear you are maybe so lucky and are able to see Aurora's dancing in the sky. Arctic Glass Igloos – All with sky vision in complete comfort, private, comfortable and spacious
Family Igloos for 4. Igloos with Glass roof. All are warmly insulated, all-sky vision, thermal-glass roofs, heated floors, adjustable twin beds, a bathroom with a shower cabinet Breakfast included, Ask free Aurora Alarm wake up service from reception.
Dinner at venue included, Ice restaurant dinner from January 7, 2019.
Day 5 ROVANIEMI DEPARTURE (B)
Private transfer from Arctic Snow Hotel to Rovaniemi airport. On the way drop off safari outfit to safari office.