From $3,035 USD
May 28 - August 13, 2019
8 Days / 7 Nights
Scenic Norway, 8-day guided tour from Oslo to idyllic Hardangerfjord to Bergen. Cruise Norwegian fjords, ride the Flåm Railway, visit villages and cities.
Scenic Norway, an 8-day escorted tour features four spectacular fjords, beginning with the idyllic Hardangerfjord. Visit Norway's capital of Oslo, the Olympic town of Lillehammer and the colorful Hanseatic city of Bergen. Following the Norway Nutshell route, cruise on the Aurlands- and Nærøyfjord; ride on the famous Flåm Railway to Myrdal and cross the Sognefjord to Balestrand. Overnight in fabulous historic hotels nestled on the shores of the fjords.
May 28 - August 13, 2019
- Guaranteed departures 2019:
- May 28
- June 4
- July 21, 28
- August 6, 13
- from $3,035 per person in double room
- from $3,665 single room
- 7 nights tour, Oslo - Oslo
- 7 nights hotel accommodation with private facility, centrally located
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- Daily 3-course dinner or buffet dinner (Except in Bergen)
- 4 x lunches on days 2, 3, 6, 7
- Transportation by modern deluxe coach with reclining seats and seat belts.
- Visit to the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo
- 2 hours guided tour of Bergen
- Ride on the Bergen Funicular to Mt. Fløyen
- Ride on the Bergen Railway, Voss - Myrdal
- Ride on the Flåm Railway, Myrdal-Flåm
- Approx. 2 hours cruise on the Sogn- and Nærøy Fjords
- 1 hour cruise on the Geiranger Fjord
- Excursion in open car to the Briksdal Glacier
- All visits described in itinerary
- All ferry crossings as per itinerary
- Luggage assistance at all hotels while with the group
- English speaking tour escort throughout
- Transfers airport/hotel on first and last day of the tour*
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Optional excursions in Balestrand
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- *Transfers to/from a different airport than the one mentioned in the tour program may incur a supplement.
- These tours are organized by our Associate Partners in Copenhagen. In order to offer a greater variety of tour options, the programs allow for participants to join or depart from the tour in various transit locations. We do hope that the possible change of group participants does not cause any inconvenience as it is meant to offer a greater variety of travel experiences to travelers.
- Optional Add-on Tours:
- Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm, 9 nights, from $3,675 per person in double room
- Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm & Helsinki, 11 nights, from $4,430 per person in double room
- Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm - Helsinki & Copenhagen, 13 nights, from $5,065 per person in double room
Day 1 OSLO (D)
Transfer from Oslo Gardermoen Airport to hotel in connection with your flight arrival. Dinner and accommodation at the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, centrally located close the the Karl Johan boulevard, City Hall and Royal Palace. Your tour escort will meet you at 19.45 hrs (before dinner) in the hotel lobby.
Day 2 OSLO - ULVIK (B, L, D)
After breakfast you will visit the world-famous Viking Ships. Afterwards departure from Oslo, driving via Hønefoss along the charming Hallingdal Valley to the tourist resort town of Gol. Lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch cross the wild Hardanger Mountain Plateau to Fossli, stopping to view the thundering Vøringsfoss Waterfall with a vertical drop of 180 m. Descend the amazing Mabodal Canyon to the idyllic Hardanger Fjord. Cross the Hardanger Bridge and route to Ulvik. Dinner and accommodation in fjord view rooms at Brakanes Hotel, ideally located on the banks of the fjord.
Brakanes Hotel ****+
Day 3 ULVIK - BERGEN (B, L)
After buffet breakfast, start of scenic tour along the beautiful Hardanger Fjord, famous for its many fruit orchards. Route via the towns of Øystese and Norheimsund, arriving in Bergen around midday. Lunch at local restaurant.
Afternoon 2 hours tour of Bergen, including a visit to the popular Fish and Flower Market, the famous Bryggen Harbour with its gabled pack houses, and the old Hanseatic Quarter. You will also ride on the funicular to Mt. Fløyen, for the best views of the city and fjords way below. Accommodation at First Hotel Marin, centrally located next to the old Bryggen harbour and close to the pedestrian shopping streets.
First Hotel Marin ***+
Day 4 BERGEN - FLÅM - BALESTRAND (B, D)
After breakfast departure from Bergen and drive via Dale to the town of Voss. Board the train in Voss for a ride on the beautiful Bergen Railway to the mountain station of Myrdal. From Myrdal ride on the amazing Flåm Railway, a masterpiece of engineering descending 2.838 feet in less than one hour. The descent to the fjord village of Flåm offers opportunities for photo shots of exciting waterfalls and mountain scenery.
After a short rest in Flåm, start of approx. 2 hours cruise by boat along the narrow Aurlands and Nærøy Fjords, both branches of the Sognefjord, the longest and deepest fjord in the world. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of cascading waterfalls, sheer mountain cliffs, snow-clad peaks, and a variety of wildlife.
After disembarking in Gudvangen at the head of the Nærøy Fjord, continue by coach through the amazing Stalheim Canyon and Nærøy Valley, across the Vika Mountains to Vangsnes, for the short ferry crossing to the beautiful resort of Balestrand. Dinner and accommodation at the historic Kvikne's Hotel, superbly located on the banks of the Sognefjord and surrounding mountains.
Kvikne's Hotel ****+
Day 5 BALESTRAND - DAY IN THE FJORDS (B, D)
Day free in Balestrand, giving you the opportunity to enjoy the outstanding beauty and nature of the fjords. The day starts with a traditional Norwegian buffet breakfast in the hotel's elegant dining room. You may want to spend the morning relaxing on the hotel terrace, breathing in the fresh mountain air and enjoying the spectacular views.
We can also recommend a visit to the local aquarium and art gallery, or you may prefer to rent a bike or rowing boat from the hotel, or enjoy a hike to the nearest mountains. A walking tour of the village of Balestrand, with its historic buildings and other noteworthy sites, can also be arranged. Dinner and accommodation at the fabulous Kvikne's Hotel.
Kvikne's Hotel ****+
Day 6 BALESTRAND - FJÆRLAND - GEIRANGER (B, L, D)
After breakfast departure from your hotel by ferry from Dragsvik to Hella, followed by a scenic tour along the northern side of the Sogn Fjord to Sogndal. The tour continues by road to Fjærland, passing under the Jostedal Glacier, the largest in Europe, to the village of Skei at the northern end of beautiful Lake Jolster. Descend to the Nord Fjord, making a detour at Olden to visit the world-famous Briksdal Glacier. The journey up to the glacier will be made in open cars to give you the best views. Lunch will be served in a nearby mountain restaurant facing the glacier.
After lunch the tour continues around the Nord Fjord via Loen and Stryn, to the picturesque village of Hellesylt. From here you board the ferry for the one hour's cruise along the spectacular Geiranger Fjord, possibly the most impressive of all the Norwegian fjords. During the cruise you will pass close by some magnificent waterfalls, such as the Bridal Veil and the Seven Sisters. Dinner and accommodation at the excellent Union Hotel, overlooking the Geiranger Fjord.
Union Hotel ****+
Day 7 GEIRANGER - LILLEHAMMER - OSLO (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel before leaving Geiranger. From the top of the famous Serpentine Road, you have the opportunity to digest some amazing views of the fjord, before crossing the rugged Grotli Mountains to Lom, well known for its 14th century stave church.
The tour continues via Lake Våga, before descending the magnificent Gudbrandsdal Valley to the popular tourist town of Lillehammer. Stop for lunch in Lillehammer.
After lunch the journey continues alongside Lake Mjøsa, Norway's largest lake, back to Oslo. Dinner and accommodation at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel.
Day 8 OSLO DEPARTURE (B)
For guests on 7 nights tour Oslo - Oslo, this program ends after breakfast, with transfers to Oslo Gardermoen Airport to connect with individual flight departures.
Optional Add-on Tours:
Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm, 9 nights, from $3,675 per person in double room
Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm & Helsinki, 11 nights, from $4,430 per person in double room
Scenic Norway, Oslo - Stockholm - Helsinki & Copenhagen, 13 nights, from $5,065 per person in double room