ICEHOTEL, Northern Lights, Husky Safari, and Snowmobile SafariSweden
From $995 USD
December 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
3 Days / 2 Nights
Visit the iconic ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi, Swedish Lapland. Stay in Ice room and a Kaamos warm room. Enjoy excursions, search for magical Northern Lights.
Visit the iconic Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Swedish Lapland, located 200 km inside the Arctic Circle along the banks of the Torne river. During your stay you have the opportunity to enjoy the comfort of an Ice room in the stunning ICEHOTEL, with its unique sculptures and designs, and the second night in a Kaamos warm room. Explore the indigenous Lappish nature through husky sledging and snowmobile safari, and search for the magical Northern Lights.
December 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
December 1, 2018 - April 13, 2019
- from $995 per person in double room
- from $1,250 single room
- Depending on the arrival & departure dates, the rate slightly varies.
- Shared arrival transfer in Kiruna without assistant
- Pick up at the airport / Drop off at the hotel
- 1 night ICEHOTEL, Ice room, based on double
- 1 night ICEHOTEL, in a warm room –Kaamos room
- Scandinavian breakfast buffet daily
- Hot berry drink
- Three exciting excursions:
- Dog Sledge Ride in Winter Wonderland (1,5 hour)
- Regular tour, starts at hotel main entrance
- Northern Lights Snowmobile Tour with dinner (4 Hours)*
- Regular tour, starts at hotel entrance
- Wilderness Snowmobile Safari, 3 hours, start at 13:00 at hotel
- Shared departure transfer in Kiruna without assistant
- Pick up at the hotel / Drop off at the airport.
*The tour operates from 15th December. Between 2-14th December the tour will be replaced with Snowmobile adventure (3 hours) start at 13:00 at hotel.
- Flight to/from Kiruna
- Optional excursions
- Personal insurance / personal items
- $25 Service fee
- The temperature in the ICEHOTEL varies between -4 and -9 degrees centigrade, depending on the outside temperature. You will be supplied with a specially made sleeping bag complete with a sleeping bag liner.
- In the morning a hot drink will be brought to you, after which you can enjoy an early morning sauna followed by breakfast.
- The average temperature of ICEHOTEL is -5 C/21 F, thanks to the insulating effect of the snow. Outdoor temperatures range between 20 C/68 F in July and -40 C/-40 F in January.
- Additional nights at the ICEHOTEL Northern Lights Chalet or Kaamos Hotel "Warm accommodations"
- Extended stay in Stockholm
- Pre or Post tour Stockholm & ICEHOTEL
- Björkliden Ski Package
- Optional Excursions:
- Northern Lights Photography (4,5 Hours), regular tour, starts at hotel entrance. The tour does not operate on the 24th, 30th and 31st December. After 26th March at tour starts at 20.00. Price: EUR 170 per person
- Raidu Meet the reindeers (3 Hours), regular tour, starts at hotel entrance. The tour does not operate on the 24th December. Last departure will be made on the 8th April 2018. Price: EUR 229 per person
- We pride ourselves in our ability to tailor-make holidays; if you cannot find exactly what you are looking for on our website, we will find it for you. Most of our holidays can be adapted to suit your personal travel plans and itinerary.
Day 1 KIRUNA - ICEHOTEL JUKKASJÄRVI
Arrival to Kiruna by flight. Shared airport – hotel transfer by minivan. Check in to Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi Orientation tour of the hotel
OPTIONAL TOUR: NORTHENR LIGHTS PHOTOGRAPHY, 19:00
Duration: 4,5 hours
Join a nightly excursion to hidden places in the wilderness around Jukkasjarvi – away from the intruding electric lights of human civilization, the conditions for catching the lights are at their best. While waiting for the Aurora to make her appearance in the night sky, your guide takes you through the basics of night time photography and capturing the northern lights on camera. Before concluding the night and heading back to ICEHOTEL, hot drink will be served.
The tour is suitable for beginners and includes a guide, camera and tripod. You can also choose to bring your own camera, and your guide will help you get the settings right for the purpose of your shoot.
Dinner under own arrangement. Overnight at Ice Hotel in a cold room – Ice room
Day 2 ICEHOTEL - EXCURSIONS (B)
Breakfast at hotel.
09:30 – Dog Sledge Ride in Winter Wonderland, 09:30 (1,5 hour)
Take a seat in the sled and experience the howling dogs, and then the silence when the journey begins. This 90-minute tour is perfect for everyone! You ride as a passenger in the sled and experience the dogs tremendous desire to run and pull as you travel through the beautiful landscape of northern La pland.
Curl up close in the sled, hold tight and listen to the steady thuds of paws against the snow. The tour includes
wilderness coffee and cake served by an open fire.Afternoon at leisure
OPTIONAL TOUR: RAIDU MEET THE REINDEER, 14:00 (3 hours)
The Sami people inhabitated northern Scandinavia long before the city of Kiruna was founded. For thousands of years, they ve lived in harmony with nature and their reindeer, constantly moving in search of food for the herd. Nils Nutti is Sami and through his business Nutti Sami Siida, he lets curious visitors get a close encounter with his culture. Meet the reindeer, taste the food and try driving the reindeer sled.
Join our Sami guide to the reindeer camp for an encounter with the reindeer and Sami culture. Try a reindeer sled ride around a short track and hand-feed the curious calves. Get a brief insight into the Sami lifestyle and culture over a hot coffee and delicious "souvas"*, a traditional Sami treat, made around the roaring fire in the traditional tent.
19:00 - Northern Lights Snowmobile Tour with dinner (4 Hours)
Join a specially trained guide for a nightly excursion in search of the northern lights! For the best chance to see this phenomenon, head out into the untouched wilderness on snowmobiles. During the course of the tour, your guide will make short stops and tell truths and tall tales about the mythical Aurora Borealis. Three-course dinner included.
Overnight at Ice Hotel in a warm room –Kaamos room
*Souvas are made from reindeer meat by the reindeer herders. The meat is dry-salted and smoked in a traditional peaked tent for eight hours over a roaring open fire and is then fried and served with dense unleavened bread and lingonberries, picked by the herders.
Day 3 ICEHOTEL DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Check out from hotel. Shared departure transfer to Kiruna without assistant, pick up at the hotel / drop off at the airport. Departure flight. End of services.
OPTIONAL: Extend your stay | Optional excursions | Stockholm extension
New at the ICHOTEL: Experience ICEHOTEL 365 days a year!
In 2016 we launched a whole new ice experience to be enjoyed alongside our classic ICEHOTEL experience. ICEHOTEL 365 is a permanent structure that will include luxury suites, each with private relax and bathroom, and art suites, all sculptured by selected artists. As well as a large ice bar that serves champagne, and an ice gallery. This ice experience can be visited year-round and is cooled by solar panels during the summer months.