From $1,375 USD
May 19 - September 8, 2019
10 Days / 9 Nights
The Best of Baltics + Helsinki, 10 days, travel from Vilnius to Helsinki, visit Old Towns of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn. Enjoy city sightseeing in Helsinki.
The Best of The Baltics + Helsinki, 10-day escorted tour from Vilnius, ending in Helsinki, the Daughter of the Baltic Sea. Visit Lithuania and 3 other destinations along the Baltic Sea. Enjoy sightseeing in Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn with their medieval Old Towns, on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Continue with a cruise across the Baltic Sea to Helsinki. Visit the harbor, Senate Square, the Lutheran Cathedral, Sibelius Monument and Church-in-the-Rock.
May 19 - September 8, 2019
Guaranteed departures 2019:
May 19, 26
June 9, 16, 23, 30
July 7, 14, 21, 28
August 4, 11, 18, 25
September 1, 8
- from $1,375 per person in double room
- from $1,965 single room
SPECIAL DISCOUNT: save $75 per person, must be booked by March 8, 2019!
- 9 overnights in centrally located 4 star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrance to Old University in Vilnius
- Entrance to Rundale Palace
- Entrance to medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Entrance to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort throughout
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Luggage handling at the hotels
- Service and VAT
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Personal insurance / personal expenses / incidental extras
- Alcoholic beverages
- Arrival transfer from Vilnius airport to Vilnius hotel
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv
- 6-hours excursion to Lahemaa National Park
- Excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress
- Transfer to the airport in a private car (1-3 persons)
- Transfer to the airport in a private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea)
Day 1 VILNIUS (B)
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Day 2 VILNIUS (B)
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve.
In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Day 3 VILNIUS - RIGA (B)
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hill of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Mercure Riga 4* or similar.
Day 4 RIGA (B)
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. Enjoy visits to Riga Old Town, Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church,
the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guild House, the Freedom Monument.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Jurmala and City Museum. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 RIGA (B)
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. Enjoy your leisure time to explore more of the medieval Old Town.
The afternoon is open for an optional excursion to Gauja National Park or to Ethnographic Open Air Museum. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
Day 6 RIGA - TALLINN(B)
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 7 TALLINN (B)
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall.
In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award- winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art.
The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
Day 8 TALLINN - HELSINKI (B)
After breakfast leisure time in Tallinn. Enjoy the cruise across the Baltic Sea from Tallinn to Helsinki by a ferry. Check-in at Hotel Glo Art 4* or similar.
Optional: 6-hours excursion to Lahemaa National Park
Hotel Glo Art****
Day 9 HELSINKI (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning sightseeing tour including the Harbor, the Senate Square, the Lutheran Cathedral, Mannerheim Street, Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, the Sibelius Monument and Church-in-the-Rock.
Optional excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress.
Hotel Glo Art****
Day 10 HELSINKI DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast check-out and departure.
Optional: Departure transfer to the airport in a private car (1-3 persons)
Departure transfer to the airport in a private minivan (4-7 persons)